Photo

Evening All, Thanks For The Chance To Join The Forum.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 daveindorset

daveindorset

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 10:04 PM

I Have a 1982 City that I bought for my son in the late nineties, when he'd finished with it I had it back and used it until my daughter borrowed it for a year or two. I then ran it for a year or two more until I bought a 92 spi to drive while I "did a few jobs on it". Well, almost 20 years later and having turned down numerous offers, I'm making yet another start! Just cut the front passenger side floor pan out and about to weld a new one into place. I changed the engine for a 1275 with large centre exit exhaust a few years ago and this year put in a new radiator and hoses, clutch cylinders and hose. My "plan" is to repair enough to get it back on the road and then maybe a complete paint job and refit. Next job is to put a boot floor repair panel in plus valance. Not sure how much more I'll need to do at this stage, just hope I can keep the enthusiasm going! Just thinking maybe I should get a rollover jig?

#2 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 28 November 2021 - 12:04 AM

welcome to TMF, I love a bit of re-use, so good to hear your son , daughter and yourself have made good use of the mini, maybe save it for the grandchildren.....!

#3 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 28 November 2021 - 01:41 PM

It would be good if you could post some pictures so we can see what you're working on.

#4 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 05:10 PM

Where in Dorset are you? I'm Bridport based, my car started out as an '89 city before conversion to Mk1 cooper s style. 

sIaxEFz.jpg

Edited by johnR, 29 November 2021 - 05:13 PM.

#5 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 05:42 PM

Hi, welcome.

#6 daveindorset

daveindorset

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2021 - 09:09 PM

Where in Dorset are you? I'm Bridport based, my car started out as an '89 city before conversion to Mk1 cooper s style. 

sIaxEFz.jpg

Oh, not too far away from the quay at West Bay! Other end of the coast road to you. Outskirts of Weymouth/Chickerell. If I ever get my one back on the road I think my first trip will be west down the coast road, I'll look out for your very smart "Cooper" next time I'm eating my chips on the wall! Thanks for getting in touch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users