3 replies to this topic

#1 P1GLT

P1GLT

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 05:01 AM

Kia ora from Aotearoa. I'm after some opinions here from the wisdom that is this forum.
I've got a tuned ~1160 which was built in 2015 and did VERY little kms until I bought it last year. Always run nicely even when pushed hard. Last drive it started spluttering and loosing power about 2km from home. Put it in the shed and finally got around to pulling the plugs today. They're looking like a fresh set is in order but I'm a bit concerned by the oil residue on them, progressively worse from port to starboard side of car, as per the photos. its always used a bit of oil, maybe a litre over the 1500kms I've done in it but I'd assumed most of this was what was coming out the bottom onto the shed floor. Also leaks a bit through the rocker cover which tends to run past port plugs (which are the least oily). It had an oil and filter change approx 300kms ago with classic light. Also adjusted the carb very slightly then as it was running a bit rich at low revs.
Any thoughts on what the issue here could be would be welcomed, including any easy potential fixes prior to sending in to the doctor for a full checkup...
Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:42 AM

I’d put in some fresh plugs and give it a good drive. I’m not familiar with those particular plugs, but if they are too cold they might not be getting hot enough to burn off during normal running

#3 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 15 February 2022 - 09:26 AM

Ditch the accuspark plugs, use an NGK or champion plug

#4 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 15 February 2022 - 01:44 PM

check you are actually getting spark at plug in first place, then change plugs. use iridium on bike and while they last longer if you try to clean them can easily damage fine tip. you say suddenly started misfirng could always be igniton fault

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users