#2 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 10:25 AM

Nicely done video.

I found the show itself a bit hit and miss. It felt like there was a lot of space between cars where other cars could have been which would have been nice because the number of cars felt low. It was very full of traders which can be a good and bad thing. Nice to see it busy though and apart from the parking it was exceptionally well organised as always.

#3 elliot341

elliot341

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 04:32 PM

I felt like there was an awful lot less traders than normal, the lower area at the back left is normally full of traders rather than Binis. I imagine they might have spread things out a bit following covid, but there still seemed a lot less traders. Autojumble was about standard, there was probs the normal amount of classics but definitely a bit thin in the middle. 

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 14 March 2022 - 04:50 PM

Seems to be a fair few opinions on this year's Bingley on FB and IG. Not sure it felt different because of the fallout of moving the date (not their fault, i don't think)??

Not as many cars as previous years, although an abundance of Binis

Jumble seemed a bit lacking - but that can be pot luck at times, I suppose.

Some main traders missing - Minispares, Somerford, Southlakes

Was great to catch up with familiar faces though :)

#5 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 14 March 2022 - 09:56 PM

Was my first time at Bingley Hall and I enjoyed it to be fair - the only other "big" mini event I've been to in the UK was the last Beaulieu Mini Cooper Day, so by my standards the number of cars and traders was plenty to keep me occupied. Managed to get a few decent bits from the auto jumble and couldn't resist spending a bit more money on shiny DSN parts and a new gear knob as well... safe to say I was a bit knackered by the time the show finished, not to mention the 4 hours afterwards of motorway driving to get home in a Mk1 with no carpets, no working heater, and straight cut drop gears  :D

FySB9qB.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users