That looks lovely

#257 ac427

ac427

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 08:47 PM

@Crazy Red engine, gearbox and rocker cover in bare aluminium.

#258 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:28 AM

Grey engines always look smart in my opinion. Head and block same colour, alloy parts in self colour.

Personally don't like body coloured engines (even if grey).

#259 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 03:09 PM

What colour do people think to have the engine painted. I don't want black.

Body colour block and rocker cover with a black cylinder head and clean bare metal gearbox looks good imo

I'm intrigued by the coil pack ignition on this pick up. Is this an MPI engine If not how is it triggered?

#260 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 06 October 2022 - 03:37 PM

What colour do people think to have the engine painted. I don't want black.

Body colour block and rocker cover with a black cylinder head and clean bare metal gearbox looks good imo

I'm intrigued by the coil pack ignition on this pick up. Is this an MPI engine If not how is it triggered?

it's not an MPI unit; it has a trigger wheel on the crankshaft pulley/damper assembly

#261 Crazy

Crazy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 03:21 PM

Now that christmas and all that jazz is well out the way,I had stopped thinking about the mini over christmas and throughout the best part of Jan while I had the show car's plans to sort which are now set in motion, I can get back in to the mini, I plan to drop a few bits in to Ben to allow him to quote me further than initially planned,

So the past few days I have spent looking at varying bits and pieces, Now my current Dial set up is the 2 gauge, However I'd like an actual dash look and some nicer gauges what's the general way to go from here? I have been reading and looking at all sorts to the point I am probably confusing myself  :lol:

a717bda8207b5b33105b98a1add8030656388704

I am still non the wiser one an engine colour it is probably on my mind most hours of the current days.

Was just a small thread revival and to let you know I haven't gone off the radar with the project.

#262 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 15 February 2023 - 09:57 AM

I'd either go something lairy like orange or, as the style is pimped retro, instead of BMC green go lime green.  

#263 Eggers

Eggers

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2023 - 11:05 PM

I'm intending to pick up accents from the interior on mine (eventually). Because I have the interior materials already, that's deciding a few other colours. So what are your seats? Do they have any coloured piping or anything?
If not, I'd favour something strong. Bright red, yellow, or even bright green as mentioned above.

Colour looks great. Not really a fan of the arches, but I'm sure once it all comes together they will look more cohesive.
Shame you cant give the engine a carbon fibre look to match...Unless someone can work some magic?

#264 Crazy

Crazy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 11:49 PM

I am still here, mini is still in progress with Ben he sent over a couple of photos for me earlier, had to slightly pinch myself it's been that long since it looked like an almost done car  :lol:  

#265 fokko

fokko

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 18 August 2023 - 07:56 AM

So the past few days I have spent looking at varying bits and pieces, Now my current Dial set up is the 2 gauge, However I'd like an actual dash look and some nicer gauges what's the general way to go from here? I have been reading and looking at all sorts to the point I am probably confusing myself  :lol:

Don't know if it's still relevant, but maybe it's a good idea to take a look at this thread to get some inspiration: https://www.theminif...y/?hl=dashboard

Hope it helps!

#266 Crazy

Crazy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 August 2023 - 09:08 AM

Don't know if it's still relevant, but maybe it's a good idea to take a look at this thread to get some inspiration: https://www.theminif...y/?hl=dashboard

Hope it helps!

No dash is all sorted and fitted now 

#267 Crazy

Crazy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 August 2023 - 10:46 AM

I'm sure Ben won't mind me posting the 3 images he sent over so I'm just going to drop them in below.

Attached Files

#268 Sir_Swish!

Sir_Swish!

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2023 - 11:04 AM

What a fantastic build, great inspiration!

#269 johnR

johnR

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 03 December 2023 - 12:45 PM

Very clean - good job!

#270 Crazy

Crazy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 December 2023 - 04:30 AM

Shouldnt be too much longer till I can collect it from Ben, I have just the other week added a few more bits to the list, while creating a list of further parts i'll swap out once its back over time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users