#1 hulsmeier

hulsmeier

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 April 2022 - 12:37 PM

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has any images of what the mini spares budget carpet looks like installed?

Any thoughts on the set would be much appreciated!

#2 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 09:12 AM

+1 Frankly, I am curious as to what people are recommending for a good value carpet set? 

#3 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 12:08 PM

I'm about to fit the cheapest option these guys do, mainly because that's the best colour match for my interior.  The carpet set looks good, but can't comment yet on how it fits.  Quite a big step up from the MS budget set price wise though, but sits between the MS budget and delux options.

https://www.carcarpets.co.uk/

#4 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 10 May 2022 - 12:36 AM

I used the budget set from minispares as my old one was torn up. It never fit the floor of my mini properly (floor dimmer, Mk1 tunnel, floor starter switch, remote change). It was the first job when I got the car & I'm no automotive trimmer but I still had trouble and never got it to fit nicely over the tunnel.

wQnoZrS.jpg

A local place (in Australia) makes a really nice moulded set and it was delivered to my house for about AU$150 (UK 85 pounds @ today's rate). From the first time I test fit it on the floor I could tell it was a much nicer fit. They also cover the crossmember, which UK carpets don't for some reason. It's not a perfect fit, but I can live with that when the Newton/Westminster carpets are $1000 and up

48907287981_f75fb99b93_b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users