7 replies to this topic

#1 The-evil-GT

The-evil-GT

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 04:44 PM

Hi everyone. I’ve got a set of mini 30 seats mounted into a 1275gt and when i flip them forward the head rests collide with the windscreen so they don’t move that far. Does anyone else have this issue or understand how to solve it

Edited by The-evil-GT, 02 July 2022 - 04:45 PM.

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 07:23 PM

I have Spi seats in my 75gt. With no rear seat belts I don’t carry passengers in the back but when working in the back it’s a 5 second job to remove the head rests which makes access normal, if I was carrying passengers in the back I would whip the head rests off and store them in the boot.

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 July 2022 - 08:17 PM

Always worth remembering a properly adjusted head rest/restraint helps prevent serious whiplash neck injuries even in low speed rear impacts and can also protect front seat passengers from being injured if a rear seat passenger moves forward in an accident and hits them in the head/neck from behind.....

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,899 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 02 July 2022 - 08:27 PM

Hi everyone. I’ve got a set of mini 30 seats mounted into a 1275gt and when i flip them forward the head rests collide with the windscreen so they don’t move that far. Does anyone else have this issue or understand how to solve it

That’s why the early ones did not have headrests. When they came a requirement problems were found. Tip the back forwards first.

same problem with buckets.

#5 The-evil-GT

The-evil-GT

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 10:25 PM

I have Spi seats in my 75gt. With no rear seat belts I don’t carry passengers in the back but when working in the back it’s a 5 second job to remove the head rests which makes access normal, if I was carrying passengers in the back I would whip the head rests off and store them in the boot.

I’m not sure how to remove the headrests on the mini30 seats

Edited by The-evil-GT, 02 July 2022 - 10:26 PM.

#6 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 10:51 PM

Don’t know how the mini 30 single post headrests are removed but they must adjust so should be removable. It’s been mentioned the head rests are a safety measure but no original 1275 gt had seats with head rests to my knowledge even my 80gt had no headrests someone might know different.

#7 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 July 2022 - 10:52 PM

Slide the seat forward, keep the head rest down (they're useless anyway in the mini) then the seat will lift enough to get in the rear. Speaking from many years of experience!

#8 The-evil-GT

The-evil-GT

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 July 2022 - 07:31 PM

Don’t know how the mini 30 single post headrests are removed but they must adjust so should be removable. It’s been mentioned the head rests are a safety measure but no original 1275 gt had seats with head rests to my knowledge even my 80gt had no headrests someone might know different.

From what I’ve read , the only way to actually remove the head rest is to remove the cover. I’m just gonna have to put up with it. Anyway it only effects people who want to sit in the back so it isn’t to much of an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users