4pa0MS8.jpg

#2 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 09:15 AM

Well up for that, hopefully I can find a space at my usual spot around paddock hill / druids

#3 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 01 August 2022 - 10:39 AM

I'm sure I went to a mini festival back in the very late 60's or early 70's at Brands Hatch , Or was it just a dream.?

Allan

#4 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 01 August 2022 - 10:40 AM

I'm sure I went to a mini festival back in the very late 60's or early 70's at Brands Hatch , Or was it just a dream.?

Allan

#5 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 01 August 2022 - 01:49 PM

Allan

You are quite right, they started in the late 1960's. Details in link below.

1967 & 68 Mini Festivals - Brands Hatch:-

https://www.theminif...s-brands-hatch/

Edited by mab01uk, 01 August 2022 - 01:50 PM.

#6 RichMPiBlue

RichMPiBlue

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 05:22 PM

Just booked my tickets for it. Will take my mini i've just recently got out my garage after 3 years and restored. First mini run for me since 2019 lol....

Anyone who has been before recommend the best route to take from Barnet, London (where i'd be leaving from)?

#7 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 08:54 PM

Have entered the 'Show and Shine'
Won't have a chance of a trophy against the trailer queen/mirrors under car brigade, but I get a decent parking spot.
Got a few engines out there racing but will be nice to park my arse on a deckchair and watch a bit of racing.

#8 RichMPiBlue

RichMPiBlue

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:02 AM

I have had my refund and have now been put on the event for display your mini. Watching videos of previous years, I had to apply and take part. Looking forward to the parade laps around the circuit end of the day. 

#9 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 05:09 PM

Just got back I didn't stay till the end, a decent turn out of minis, some really nice, hordes of binis which I found strange as non were on the track but perhaps they came to see the rather pathetic BMW Z car series ( well if 10 cars make a series), I did notice a definite difference between the mini owners and the bini owners, the mini owner tips up, bangs the old girl in gear ( handbrake dodgy as normal) and bogs off to see what's happening, a bini owner turns up, immediately checks his heavily gelled hair, makes sure his tee shirt with some obscure band on the front from the 60's/70's who he's never actually heard of but thinks it makes him look cool isn't ruffled up ( no chance he's driving a bini), then lifts the bonnet to show off some poxy bit of plastic tat with some spurious and possibly non existent tuning company name emblazoned on it and hangs around in the forlorn hope that some equally sad git will fawn all over it

Shooter

#10 burchy35

burchy35

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:08 PM

Thus years mini festival was great with some cracking racing.
But I have actually come to the conclusion that the bigger bang a bini makes when revved the smaller penis thr driver has. I reckon it's some sort if neanderthal mating call and a lot less intelligent.
Great collection of classic minis on show.

#11 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:54 PM

Great racing, some fantastic classic minis on display and great weather

#12 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:56 PM

Just got back I didn't stay till the end, a decent turn out of minis, some really nice, hordes of binis which I found strange as non were on the track but perhaps they came to see the rather pathetic BMW Z car series ( well if 10 cars make a series), I did notice a definite difference between the mini owners and the bini owners, the mini owner tips up, bangs the old girl in gear ( handbrake dodgy as normal) and bogs off to see what's happening, a bini owner turns up, immediately checks his heavily gelled hair, makes sure his tee shirt with some obscure band on the front from the 60's/70's who he's never actually heard of but thinks it makes him look cool isn't ruffled up ( no chance he's driving a bini), then lifts the bonnet to show off some poxy bit of plastic tat with some spurious and possibly non existent tuning company name emblazoned on it and hangs around in the forlorn hope that some equally sad git will fawn all over it

Shooter

Brilliant post! I was there today and was a great turn out. I was eating my chips and saw some guy in a bini cleaning parts of his engine bay that didn't need cleaning and then was putting out trophys from a show and shine... He was ensuring others noticed his amazing work on his 2020 car!!! I just laughed inside!! Lots of nice minis as usual and the mini spares collection was an added touch

Edited by petey81, 07 August 2022 - 06:57 PM.

#13 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 07 August 2022 - 06:58 PM

Just back also. Agree, a lot / too many Binis, which I have no interest in.  They overwhelmed the event really.  Thought there was less cars racing than last year.  The Z4s were a complete waste of time, ditto the fastest minis in the World which are not really minis.  Was warm though!

#14 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 07 August 2022 - 07:30 PM

Didn't go myself(I do not like going out much),but why knock the BMW owners?at least they went.When I used to go to classic car events I sometimes thought that mine was the only classic there.Events need paying punters.Just my thoughts as a older generation person,Steve..

#15 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 August 2022 - 08:46 PM

BMW massively outnumbered BMC, so didn't spend any time looking round the cars.
Inno got some positive comments.

Fastest Mini In The World - Waste of time, front runners nothing to do with Minis to be honest and very 'processional'

Mighty Mini - very poor grid.

Pre 66 - Small grid and only 3 or 4 competitive cars.

Mini 7 S Class - Good racing at the front between 4 or 5 cars, huge performance difference through the field for what is supposed to be a "Std engine" class.

Miglia - Good racing at the front ruined by ex touring car drivers 'professionally' taking out others.

998 Mini 7 - Dying on its arse, dwindling grids and large % of non finishers.

£2.50 for a warm can of Coke, £7 for a burger, £3.50 for a small tray of chips.

Won't bother again...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users