#1 Fatharrydog

Fatharrydog

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:05 PM

AUSTIN MINI 848 CC 1965 “C” REG 4 OWNERS

Welcome to the sale of my green 1965 Austin Mini 850 with 4 previous owners.
The indicated mileage is 9,819 miles and this is confirmed with the service history going back to 1988, when the mileage was 6,076 miles. The car has been stored and unused since 1993 until it was recommissioned and MOT’D in 2011, when the mileage was 9,778 miles. The work carried out in 2011 was quite comprehensive and totalled £1,045. The car was little used and a further £498 was spent in August 2020 fitting a new battery, fuel pump and clutch master and slave cylinders.

I bought the car in September 2020 as a project and have completed many of the jobs that needed doing. Specifically, I have completed the following: replaced sliding window channels; fitted new carpet; fitted new dash vinyl; replaced interior headlining; repainted rear boot; repainted front valance; repainted wheels; degreased engine and changed oil, oil filter and air filter.

The rear of the car just above the bumper had rusted which is a common problem. I have started the work to cut this out and fit genuine Heritage body panels. You can see from the pictures how far I have got. Personal circumstances have changed and I no longer have the time to complete this.

I have purchased all of the parts to complete the outstanding work and this can be seen in the pictures.

Priced fairly to sell at £6,995. Based in Southwell, Nottinghamshire.

Attached File  IMG_0882.jpg   94.71K   13 downloads

Attached Files

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 27 September 2022 - 03:28 PM

That's a very fair price for that car. It is an easy final restoration and the paint should match up OK. Not a lot of work and if the engine and engine bay were tidied up it would look virtually mint. 

I wonder why it has a genuine Mk.1 Cooper speedo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users