Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 30 October 2022 - 11:20 AM

Pics can be seen here:

https://www.carandcl...om/car/C1501495

Unfortunately the time has come to let go of our Mini Countryman as we are purchasing our first house, so require the funds for the deposit.

99% original after 55 years, unmolested and retaining all most all of its factory trim, fittings and parts.

Much loved and used 1967 Mini Estate that we have 'daily driven' through summers and tucked up in garage in the winters and other than standard maintenance and a new starter motor needed, has never let us down. 

Ultra-rare Countryman "tinnie" without the wood trim! Always the one at shows!

We purchased it 2 or 3 years ago as a lockdown project, it has spent a lot of it's life with one owner, who then passed away and the car was left locked up for a long time. It then passed onto the previous owner who enjoyed the car for a number of years but let it go to us as he had too many projects!

After a little bit of tidying up, new servicalble items like leads, coil, plugs etc and a fresh set of Genuine Reverse Rim wheels, the car has been in frequent use by us and was our wedding car too this year. 

I can not stress how original most aspects of the car are, nuts, bolts & fittings are 99% original and still imperial, matching left to right - working on this car has been an absolute pleasure as very little has been tampered with or had too many hands on it, so repairs are usually easy and straight forward. 

I invite anyone along for a drive as it is the ultimate in smiles per gallon, exactly as it left the factory in terms of driving experience, just spot on in terms of how a very basic mini should feel!

Other than the carpet, the interior is original, roof lining, sun visors, steering wheel, door cards are all present and original - any potential buyers i am sure know the value of this.

Sliding window catches, fold down rear seat, barn rear doors etc etc are all present, working properly and have original catches, hinges and fittings. The dash seems to be all original, the plastic centre binnacle has crack in it but i just haven't had the heart to replace it as it just seem all part of the car's history, the same with the original leather wheel trim protector, it is worse for wear but a new one just wouldn't suit!

Exterior wise, the paint is very flat and the only reason this car is not advertised at £17-18k is that it will want a paint job if it is ever to be a concourse winner! The passenger door has been painted previously and is not the best and there are lots of blemishes and 'touch ins' over the bodywork which are not the tidiest - but does very much add to the history and charm.

Structure wise, the floor pan and sills show a a fair few repairs, all of which seem to be historic and while not the tidiest, the car is very solid (have tried to show in pictures). The underside, sills and shuts have been wax-oiled a fair amount by previous owners.

Tax and MOT exempt.

Engine is untouched and is, we believe, the original 848cc with single HS2 carb.

The car retains its positive earth electrics and dynamo setup, unmolested over the years.

I have owned and driven 10 minis and this one is stand out - it is the single most satisfying car to drive ever. The engine ticks along quietly, gear selection is smooth and everything just works as it should, i know i will never find another mini as spot on as this one in terms of drivability - while it is not the best paintwork wise, it is just the perfect mini-experience you will get.

Very sad to have to sell but the time buy a house has come so we always knew the Mini would be a good chunk of the deposit required.

Offers invited as we really want this car to go to the best home possible but no rush to sell so no silly offers please.

Please feel free to text or call with any queries or to arrange a viewing or for more pictures/ videos.

Nick

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users