Hi all,
Upon rebuilding my engine I got thinking about the cam bearings and their oil feed.
The one near the oil pump has no oil feed hole, how does it get lubricated and not wear out ?
Posted Yesterday, 09:24 AM
Hi all,
Upon rebuilding my engine I got thinking about the cam bearings and their oil feed.
The one near the oil pump has no oil feed hole, how does it get lubricated and not wear out ?
Posted Yesterday, 10:34 AM
By what leaks out of the pump.
Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM
On the back of the pump, there's a tiny oil squirt hole, so it does gt an oil feed, though, it's unfiltered oil.
Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM
On the back of the pump, there's a tiny oil squirt hole, so it does gt an oil feed, though, it's unfiltered oil.
Posted Today, 02:28 AM
Said Hole
1275SpadeOilPumpWMBackCamBearingOiler.JPG 48.25K
0 downloads
On the back of the pump, there's a tiny oil squirt hole, so it does gt an oil feed, though, it's unfiltered oil.
That'll be why the cam bearings are always wrecked 😁
It is only the back bearing that's lubricated in this way and I'm not sure I'd say that it was always wrecked ![]()
Posted Today, 10:21 PM
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users