7 replies to this topic

#1 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hello everyone. We just found this site and introduced ourselves on the main forum. We have a '67 mini that has gone off to Z Cars to have the Vtech conversion. We're hoping to be able to stretch to the throttle bodies giving 255 bhp but, as it stands, we're looking at 235. Er, people were a bit surprised, possibly disappointed that we're doing this to such an old car. Fair point but it's a very modified car anyway. The thread is here http://www.theminifo...showtopic=38666 What do other people feel about this?

Malc and Di

#2 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

It's your car so do what you want with it. I was lucky enough to get the keys to their white demonstrator and take it for a quick drive to see how it compared to the bike engined one's. All I shall say is, you won't be dissapointed. Even with only 235bhp it's an amazing bit of kit.
Pete

#3 BUDSY

BUDSY

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

i'm doing a re-shelled 1961 Z cars at the monent so good luck to ya. Mine was an ex rally car when i purchased it and pretty much at the end of its life with not a single original part on it anywhere. So i didnt feel too bad about chopping the floor up.

#4 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

There's something moving about those old minis going as fast as that. Can't remember having that feeling about any other modified car. It sort of leaves an impression. Pete, is that your car in Ultimate Mini Mayhem?
No news from Z Cars but we know they're busy with the NEC.

Malc and Di

#5 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

if you mean the bogie green minus then its ades pete built it while ade made the tea ;D

#6 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Some more pics. Find it difficult to express in words what seeing these pictures made us feel! Thanks Richard!

Malc and Di :D

Attached Files

#7 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

im going to upset some purists soon as well i got two mini donor cars brought to the works the other day ones been stored for 19 years and is a 67 cooper
its mint and i dont know what to do with it but im tempted to make another v tec demo car with the welded in race spec cage out of it i just like the F plate thing as its an even bigger hoot blowing all the other cars off with a car thats 40 years old
the other car i got is a late n reg automatic with 17000 miles on the clock still smells new inside and is very very ripe for conversion
i think i will stand them both in the new showroom we are building and see which sells first then the descision will have been made for me
chris

#8 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

im going to upset some purists soon as well i got two mini donor cars brought to the works the other day ones been stored for 19 years and is a 67 cooper
its mint and i dont know what to do with it but im tempted to make another v tec demo car with the welded in race spec cage out of it i just like the F plate thing as its an even bigger hoot blowing all the other cars off with a car thats 40 years old
the other car i got is a late n reg automatic with 17000 miles on the clock still smells new inside and is very very ripe for conversion
i think i will stand them both in the new showroom we are building and see which sells first then the descision will have been made for me
chris

We think the Z Cars conversions preserve the dignity and magic of the mini. Possibly even ennhace it. That's what we think

Malc and Di

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users