#1 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

Hi,

I want to buy a tax exempt mini and totally have a new bodyshell and totally change every part for new. In the end all i want is a z cars hayabusa mini with black number plates and be tax exempt.

Whats the best way to go about this please?

Matt

#2 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

Hi,

I want to buy a tax exempt mini and totally have a new bodyshell and totally change every part for new. In the end all i want is a z cars hayabusa mini with black number plates and be tax exempt.

Whats the best way to go about this please?

Matt

check the DVLA website.... and Zcars... its a grey area at the best of times... you can get a rolling shell and V5 from ebay, then get a new shell from British motor heritage (or repair the existing shell), get the zcars job done then SVA it.

Pete's the man to ask.... or any of the other Zcars owners.... we have a Zcars section on the forum.

PS. you are looking at at least £15,000.00

#3 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

Pete who?

If i sva'd it would i lose the black registration number?

Matt

#4 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Pete who?

If i sva'd it would i lose the black registration number?

Matt

Pete.... do a search for "pete" thats his username... he has/had a Z cars green pickup that was for sale a few weeks back and has built quite a few Zcars kits and is up to date with the requirements..... If you go about it correctly, you would be able to keep the black plates and Tax free status.... but do it wrong and you could end up with a Q plate or your car being crushed!!

#5 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

You'd need a brand new unregistered shell from BMH, at a cost of 3k upwards, the Busa conversion from Z-Cars will cost 12-15k at least anyway, you've then got the cost of respray, and buying everything new, and according to the DVLA website, you may have to Q plate it anyway. As Biggav says, this has been covered a fair bit recently, check the Mini Chat section, especially a poll talking about banning the sale of V5 and reshelled minis.

#6 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

With everything being new your could get yourself an 07 or 08 mini.

Im sure thats what pete was researching for

#7 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

How wrong is that Surely if i want to spend the money on doing a tax exempt mini up using all brand new parts then i should be able to without the need to have an 07 plate.

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

I really suggest you search on here about the previous threads on this subject, as well as the regulations on the DVLA website.

#9 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

How would anybody know i had done it anyway?

If i bought a new bodyshell and cut the plate off the old shell and welded it on the new shell then nobody would be any the wiser surely.

matt

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

Now your talking about ringing and obviously not taking my advice about looking at whats already been said! I'm close to closing this due to there being no point in going over it AGAIN. But I'll let Pete finish what he's typing...

#11 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

why are you going to close it? i dont know what ringing is? dont presume people are crooks , im just an enthusiast that wants a classic mini in perfect condition , is that wrong???

#12 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

The best way to do this would be to buy a tax exempt mini, reshell it into a brand new shell and get it mot'd and have a vic check done on it. The vic check would give you paperwork to prove that the vehicle is what you say it is. Then use this car to do a z-cars conversion

#13 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

Yes, I'm not saying your a crook, but what you would be doing is ringing a vehicle, replacing one vehicles ID with another! If I have to say the following again I will close the thread, because your obviously not taking the advice that is being given, so there is no need for this thread.

I really suggest you search on here about the previous threads on this subject, as well as the regulations on the DVLA website.

#14 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Jammy Basturd go and close the thread if it makes you feel better or more important. I thought this was a friendly website?!?!?!?! Im just trying to find out info on how to do my dream car.

Ill find the information from another website that obviously has bored power hungry administrators that are so fed up of telling new people the same info.

if you dont enjoy it get out of it. jeez :D

#15 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

it's a hell of a lot of work to do (and expensive) just to have black plates and save £100 odd a year on tax... (if they don't change the law again)

You'd have to completely restore the car to get it signed off before doing the conversion... or buy one with a current valid mot thats already been redone.. either way, you would be sacrificeing a mint restored car....

To get the forums view on "cloning and Ringing"

Read THIS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users