#16 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

I want to buy a tax exempt mini and totally have a new bodyshell and totally change every part for new. In the end all i want is a z cars hayabusa mini with black number plates and be tax exempt.

Whats the best way to go about this please?

Matt

As someone else has pointed out, if you are building everything new then you would do better to register it as an amatuer new build and get it put onto a current plate. Yes you will lose the tax exempt part but the car would potentially be worth a lot more when finished. If your going to spend in the region of £20k doing the build then what difference will £150 per year be.

#17 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:33 PM

paying the road tax doesnt bother me at all , i just wanted the car to be perfect. and having black number plates with a black pearlescent paint job and powder coated pearlescent black 13" minilites would look awesome to me.

#18 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

Jammy Basturd go and close the thread if it makes you feel better or more important. I thought this was a friendly website?!?!?!?! Im just trying to find out info on how to do my dream car.

Ill find the information from another website that obviously has bored power hungry administrators that are so fed up of telling new people the same info.

if you dont enjoy it get out of it. jeez :(

We've been trying to explain and point you in the right direction but you don't appear to be listening.... This topic has been exhausted so many times and we hear the same arguments about it each time.... and each time someone throws their toys out the pram when they don't like what they hear.... by all means cut the vin numbers out of an old car, weld them into a new shell and do what you like with it..... just son't come here crying when you get your Q plate or you end up with a cube of scrap metal!!!! :D

#19 minibeast

minibeast

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

Biggav????? , im an adult , i dont throw my toys out of the pram. What i am saying is that i dont know this has been exhausted as i was not a member before???? , cant you realise that?!

It seems to me that you few are so in with eachother thick and thin that you dont actually care about new members being happy on here?

im going now , so bigshot admin man can cancel me off or delete this. I dont really car to be honest

#20 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

You can put the handbags down now boys.

Cheers

#21 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

it's a hell of a lot of work to do (and expensive) just to have black plates and save £100 odd a year on tax... (if they don't change the law again)

You'd have to completely restore the car to get it signed off before doing the conversion... or buy one with a current valid mot thats already been redone.. either way, you would be sacrificeing a mint restored car....

To get the forums view on "cloning and Ringing"

Read THIS

OMG!!!! HAD YOU HAVE LISTENED TO ANY OF OUR PREVIOUS ADVICE, OR LOOKED AT THE LINKS WE PROVIDED?????

NO.

BYE

#22 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

Power hungry admin!? Hmm, rather like the sound of that, might change my status title! :(

to be honest, if you want to leave you can do. My immediate concern is that of my existing members, and I know it annoys a lot of them to have to go over the same old things time and time again. Thats the whole point of the search function, it allows people to draw on the massive library of previous people's problems, as well as the knowledge and expertise that helped them out at the time.

I'd rather see you stay, and to be honest it would be within your best plans to stay on here as well, seeing as we are the official forum for Z-Cars no other website has so much experience with these builds as the members on this forum.

Perhaps we can just draw a line under the last few posts and start again?

I've also deleted the last couple of posts that contained a few choice words! :D

#23 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

Now now,

Lets not let things get all out of hand. Calm down and give the chap a chance to look at all the info.

#24 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

haha your a moron biggav. did you name yourself that. as if you are the master of advice. Advice isnt compulsary to be taken you :D prat. Im going now anyway fed up of talking to people like you. Hahahaha im :( pissing myself at you. Your name should have been bigasshole

Why did you bother coming on here for advice if you had no intention of listening to it let alone taking it. You appear to have only come on here to cause an argument that will obviously get you kicked off of the site.

#25 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

Well I've deleted your last abuse ridden post. Personally I always like to leave banning people as a very very last resort. So I'll leave this thread open for now if you want to return at some point, but insult anyone again and you'll earn yourself a ban. As I say, the existing members of the site get my priority over anyone new.

#26 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

I want to buy a tax exempt mini and totally have a new bodyshell and totally change every part for new. In the end all i want is a z cars hayabusa mini with black number plates and be tax exempt.

Whats the best way to go about this please?

Matt

edited in case of copyright infringement.

Cheers

Edited by markrally73, 21 January 2007 - 08:16 PM.

#27 redmini

redmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Local Club: Snowdon Mini's,Miniaddicts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

Wow, haven't had such a laugh in months. Nicely put guys :D

#28 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

There are some points in this post that have already been answered, but my question would be that if you really want the ultimate mini, why not go for a decent shell in the first place? My mini is tax exempt and the shell is in good nick. Why use a late shell when you could put a little money into making an old one good? Even more to the point, if you want it to be perfect, why not use a brand new shell? A 'good' second hand shell, even a really late one, can still be full of tinworm and need a fortune spending on putting it right. :D

If I were to start a project of this nature (if I could afford to:lol: ) I would want to do it legally and also so it was the absolute best it could be.

#29 marc

marc

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

looky.

Ermm, how come you've already asked this question before? months ago? Why ask again?

#30 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

I think Minibeast doesn't realise the benefits of this forum... for me, if i get stuck doing anything at all on the car, i can search for the answer or ask the exact question and If the problem hasn't been seen before, i can be sure of several (well) educated guesses..... and a good old pi55 take from bungle.

I'm sorry if i come across as a " Big A55hole".... at the start of the thread i mearly tried to point you in the right direction with regards to getting a reshelled tax exempt car to convert to a Zcars hayabusa engined car.... Since this has been covered at least once a week since time began, i tried to suggest the right places to go and the right people to see. All to often these threads start as "i want a MK1 to do up.. and fit a bike engine in" and end up "im only 13 so will start saving.. p.s. how will i get insured"

It wasn't my intention to alienate a new member....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users