10 replies to this topic

#1 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

roughly how much do you think this is worth as stated below and how much do you recon it would be once finished.

thanks

BIKE VFR POWERED MINI

Shell

This is B reg mini that has been fully rebuilt using genuine heritage panels and then given a excellent paint job in 2pack ford radiant red and old English white roof.

Engine

The engine is a Honda VFR 800 VTEC which is a V4 it has only covered 4000 miles. Starts first time and runs perfectly.

The engine comes out to a free flow straight thought manifold ad ending in a blue anodised Micron Can

Front

The front of the car has been fully rebuilt to a exemplary standard with new Genuine wings and front panel. The front subframe is also brand new, in a powder-coated Blue onto this you can see a Bespoke fuel cell that sits behind a huge Cosworth radiator. This is piped to the engine with Blue silicone hoses – water level is monitored by a Bespoke Alloy Header tank in the back of the car. A Cosworth fuel pump and filter can be seen this gives more then enough fuel pressure which is needed in the injection engine! The front arms are fully adjustable for camber caster and Toe in and out! Allowing for optimum handling settings

Brakes

The front brakes are brand new 4 POT callipers with Goodrich Braded hoses all round to a brand new master cylinder. Vented Discs. Rear Brakes are metro Sliding type again with Goodrich braded all round. The brakes are biased 47% Rear and 53%

Rear

the engine sits in the middle of the car. The drive comes from the engine to an adjustable chain driven BMW diff – going down the modified drive shafts to the metro hubs which are fully adjustable for camber caster and Toe in and out! Allowing for optimum handling settings.

The car sits low due to the adjustable coil over shockers (Protech front AVO rear) and has 4 brand-new 13 x 7” super lights with Bridgestone tires on.

This is virtually finished it can be driven there are very minimal things that are needed to finish this road going super-toy!!! Just wiring up of lights, glass – put the bonnet and boot on MOT etc

NO REVERSE FITTED YET

THANKS GUYS

Attached Files

#2 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

About £2700! :D

#3 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

just look for rough estimate

#4 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:08 AM

i was curiuos as i am thinking of going down the z car road and saw this only sold on ebay for 2800 and thought that was cheap but is it a fair reflecion or is it really worth more?

#5 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:16 AM

Nah, I was only joking, I'd seen it on ebay and was really tempted to have a bid (it wsa sat at IRO £2.1k for ages.

I don't think it is a Z-cars frame though, it looks a little more home made. I guess that would lower the value as people would rather buy a second hand kit car that has been fitted with a known make of conversion. for £2800 though, it's a bargain if the buyer is willing to do the finishing work and sort it out.

I'd think for a second hand Z-cars conversion of a similar type, you'd be looking at anything from 7-12k, but that's a total guess.

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

As said, this is a homemade from, not Z-Cars, so my valuation is 2.5-3k tops. It can sometimes be very hard to pick up someone elses project to finish, you may not like a certain way they have done something and decide to change it, resulting in doing a lot of the work they had done again! You also don't know the skill level of the person who's done the work, so you take a chance in the frame being safe and suitable for purpose.

#7 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

does anyone know where this car was from in the country
i had a young lad come to see me for a demo last year he was in the RAF and had a demo
he then went away and re appeared six weeks later with a pair of uprights and a diff unit very much like on these photos
he wanted me to do some mods to the bits but they were horrendous
the uprights had been fabricated and had holes drilled for the bottom and top wishbones to go through,the holes were about 1 mm too big for the bolts and had no means of bearings or rose joints to stop wear between the two metal surfaces
from the bits i saw i was not happy to touch anything on the car at all and told him i wouldnt do any work on it
from our point of view if we did do work on it then the customer would claim it was built by z cars no matter how little we had done
the engine choice is unusual and will affect the resale value of the car
i think they did well to get 2000 plus for it and would be very wary of driving the thing
it certainly wont pass an mot and i wouldnt want to go fast in it for fear of it breaking up around me
i suppose if the shell was good then that would have a value and other bits could be sold off seperatly
chris

#8 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:29 PM

after studying the photos even more does anyone know who bought this car i think they need a phone call before they kill themselves in it
just look at the rear wishbones and the angle they are running at with the car sat at ride height they are pointing downwards at a crazy angle,if you hit a bump the wheels will go not only upwards but the wheel track will increase outwards by a good inch at each side this will give a weird feel to the car to say the least but more dangerously the drive shaft could pop out if it does and flaps around in the back of the car it could either dig into the tarmac and flip the car or lock up one rear wheel which would cause the car to skid steer which ever way the wheel locked
i dont need to tell you of the possiable consequences
i know of a lad who had a honda blackbird engined westfield he was doing about 70 mph on a dual carrigeway when the propshaft fell off and slid along the ground for a few yards then dug into a cats eye which ploe vaulted the whole car upwards instantly 20 feet into the air rear end first,the car spun in mid air and thankfully landed facing the way he had come still doing about 50 mph the prop had ripped the brake lines apart and severed the handbrake cable,he was helpless till the car rolled to a halt
he was totally unhurt but severly shaken up as you can imagine
the propshaft had been altered by someone else and the welding was very poor
when you work out that the prop is doing 6000 rpm and in that car it is inches from your legs a few quid buying the best made well balanced prop seems to make sense
this mini is like that propshaft and needs someone competant to look at it before being used at all
im happy to do this for free if we can find the new owner
chris

#9 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

I'll PM you the ebay item number from work tomorrow, I have it saved on the works computer. You should be able to get in touch with the buyer that way I think.

#10 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

thats what i thought it didnt move from 2.1k till the last 5 mins and i thought some1 had got a steal but apparently not, i was tempted to buy it as i am looking to get into the zcar area and thought a partially built one wouldnt be a bad place to start and then i can learn from that and build my own but on chris posts maybe this one isnt the best one to start on

its back on ebay obviously the buyer wasnt happy or he had a friend bid it up because he didnt want to let it go for nothing!
i think it could be your guy that came for a demo because he says he is in HM forces and thats y he has to sell it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

also i didnt really think that an 800 vfr would really suit this build i didnt think the bikes were great????

#11 cardboard

cardboard

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

starting bid 3k ! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users