• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:19 PM

hello everyone.

well here we are, just about at the end of the summer now, winter on its way,
we have had a intesting summer, getting to grips with mini shows, and trying are best to do whats best for the forum show stands.

i think we are ready just about to hit next years shows big time, makeing are selfs known in a large way.

but, what im thinking of doing is....

in nottingham we have a massive water park called Home pier point, which has lots of out door events, which is great to watch or even have ago and is the place where the olympic gold winner for connoing trained in the man made rappids,
now they also have a camp site, which is very basic but in a easy place to find, i also think they have a evening bar, tolites etc and is a nice place to relax.
now what im wanting to do is to host a non mini show there, in other words just camping for the forum over the weekend.
it would be a nice weekend away for all, no worrys in polishing your minis up, just a chance to meet as many mini members as we can who couldnt make any of the shows.
now we could use the large club BBQ and have stupid team building games with prizes etc, but before i find out if we can have the feild for the weekend and before i set dates, i need to no just who and how many would realy be up for this.

would be a great way to finish the mini season and relax before winter kicks in too much.
i have picked nottingham mainly due to the amount of members we have up here, if this works well then i may try and do one for the south west at some point, and maybe xams meets etc... but lets see whos up for this,

please only say yes if you realy intrested in this idea of mine.

October 22nd 23rd 24th which is a friday night sat night and sunday is a rough idea of when i was thinking about doing this, give or take a week or so,

please if you dont like this idea please say and come up with something else, or even ideas for tis meet.

need as much feed back as possible else it wont be worth putting.

please remember if you do come it is a mini forum meet up, remember it i a forum meet and not a gang meet up, in other words if your wanting to come try and bring mini members or just a friend etc, try not to bring lots of your mates etc just for a *yellow human water* up as we will be repsenting the club, so....

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:31 PM

Would there be anything organised ( white water rafting or such like )... I know it would be cold but I believe they supply wetsuits...

Or more just a meet and greet ?

Also, some of us older ( cough ! ) geezers have families, would this be a kiddy friendly event ?

I know these are probably some questions you don't have answers to yet, but need some to start the ball rolling..

#3 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:54 PM

Ok white water rafting and such you would have to organise your self with the water park if you wanted to do that

Kids are always welcome at any or ours meets as we are a family site, (hence why we are telling people not to bring all of there mates so it doesnt turn into an 18-30's party :grin: :grin: :grin: )

The weekend will mainly be a meet and greet so we just get to know other members

#4 marksmini

marksmini

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 08:59 PM

Ok guys my better half has just had an idea,

Being as though you all would like a rolling road day aswell we may combine the two if we can find someone local who where we can do a rolling road,

Just let us know what you all think

im sure thers one about 10 min away from where we are staying, so if the intrest is there i can sort that out for us!
maybe even get a mini mag down to see us too!!!

#5 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 12:20 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me Mark I would be up for that!
because I missed the last one you guys had :rolleyes:
Sleeping in a tent in October :erm: think its gonna be another "take your tent down time". Hows about rent a caravan!!!! :rolleyes: sounds sensible to me!!!

#6 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:29 AM

just have to wrap up loads, im going to one already with another club that weekend, which is closer to home. (near the red dot)

see map i live too far away

#7 choc

choc

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 07:33 PM

i see exactly what ur sayin brrrrrrrr Nottingham how long would it take from london way ?

so what you going to that weekend ?

:grin:

#8 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

Doing a bit of research into RR's...

Geoff Bloor Garages in Nottingham

#9 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:43 PM

i think every one should go in there minis so they think the place is being over run or some thing :rolleyes: would be intresting instead of going in normal pants cars any one agree??

#10 marksmini

marksmini

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:46 PM

Doing a bit of research into RR's...

Geoff Bloor Garages in Nottingham

well funny you should say that garage as that was the first garage we were going to try

And from londaon way it would take about and hour annd half to two hours

#11 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 06:40 AM

i see exactly what ur sayin brrrrrrrr Nottingham how long would it take from london way ?

so what you going to that weekend ?

:grin:

im going to a similar camp the weekend over and get cold weekend with bbq and booze in Ashford with the Ashford Mini Owners Club if anyone else it interested let me know.

#12 NixiPixi

NixiPixi

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

hey yeh thatll be cool, mite just bring the small tent tho......... it survives the weather better.......

#13 Race Dave

Race Dave

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

yep deffo up for it mark would you like any help getting things sorted. not that i'm after another star or anything

#14 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 09:22 PM

and a convo round the broadmarsh circuit on the sunday night. that would be mad!

rob

#15 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:47 AM

Personally i think if we are going to have an annual camping trip we should make it early Summer maybe May or something, it will be too cold in October to camp and we seen what happend with tents in the wind..... also if we do it early Summer we got LOADS more time to plan something that could be very big!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users