#1 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

the z car mini wont be going anywhere for a long time now.

we were on our way to lunch today at about 1pm and going down a lane i hit a slippery patch on the road and being rear wheel drive the car went sideways and we hit someguys gatepost! i think it was about 10"square and it was just ripped in half!

so as you can imagine the front of the car is quite a mess. the subframe has been badly damaged and has also been pushed back into the floor of the mini.
:'(
thankfully noone was hurt and no other cars involved. just a bit shaken up really ..

sureterm are closed sunday afternoons so i cant even find out what will happen till tomorrow! i wonder if they will write it off and i will be able to keep the car somehow??

anyway i thought i'd just share that with everyone ;)

#2 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:45 PM

:'( Oh dear. How bad is it.

#3 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:46 PM

its pretty bad to be honest

repairable if you were serious about driving it again but it would be a lot of work

#4 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

Glad to hear you are ok but im gutted for you regarding the car but as everyone says you can fix a car easily compared to yourself.
Keep us updated.

Regards

#5 USA-Fin

USA-Fin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:10 AM

It's good to hear everyone is OK. Sorry to hear about the car, I've been there myself on sevral occasions.

Jim

#6 ludsonline

ludsonline

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:34 AM

What a shame. Glad to hear you are ok.

#7 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:16 AM

Dan have you got the car at home. Any pictures? Is it just front end. Just thinking zcars new front subby and fiberglass front.

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:35 AM

Do you have to involve your insurers?

#9 TOMMO0302

TOMMO0302

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:38 AM

:'( Sorry to hear that mate! Any news today?

#10 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

Do you have to involve your insurers?

yea i do really, the cars pretty messed up to be honest. because the impact of the gatepost on the front subframe was quite hard it has pushed the rear of the subframe into the floorpan and also , the because of the bracebars being mounted on the top of the inner wings (as they normally are) I think the skuttle has been bent . the drivers door wont open and shut properly because the A panel seems to have moved backwards a bit not sure really.

i will get some pics at some point but im at work all day during weekdays.

im not really sure what i want to do with the car just yet to be honest. it would be nice to see it fixed and driveable again, but possibly not me behind the wheel lol.

im sure there will be plenty of people out there waiting to get their hands on a cheap zcars kit...

i'll let you know wht happens in the next few days.

#11 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:30 PM

if you post some pictures i will have a look and see what i can make of them
we had a lad crash a couple of years ago and we got the repair to do through the insurance company
what was it insured for value wise?
it may be a cloud at present but till you know everything about it then it could end up ok in the long run
if they write it off then you should get a pay out from them,they usually ask an expert on the value of the car prior to the accident and we are the experts in this field
if they ask you who will repair it or where it came from then refer them to us hopefully we can help and we will do whatever we can
main thing is you are ok
cars will repair people dont always repair as easily
chris

#12 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

thanx for you comments chris.

the value on my policy is what i paid for the car. £9000.
the lady on the phone asked me if i would be happy to let them take it to a local garage for repairs. i dont think she quite understood what the car is.

anyway i said that someone will have to come an assess the car and take it from there.

if need be i will give them your details at zcars, chris.

thanx again.
dan.

#13 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

is the car at your house or a garage
the assesor is the man to sort out weather or not its repairable usually if the repair costs more than 30% of the value they will write it off
if they do talk about writing it off then you may be able to buy the salvage back from the insurere and settle for less cash
this may work out in you favour if you want to remove most of the kit and re shell it for example
if youve just boiught it and have receipts for £9000 then they should honour that purchase
if they need feedback on values of kits/completed cars then we can give this
i had a german chap who bought the original first ever car and had been hit from behind by a big motorcycle at some speed we sent him a letter and dvd etc to back up his claim
chris

#14 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

the car is at my house , and the assesor is coming to look at it tomorrow but i cant be there at the same time because i have to work.

here are a few pics:
at the moment i cant really get any better pictures as the car is up against the fence. there is also bad damage to the floor pan but again i cant really get a pic of that .

*just another thought, the only zcar parts that are damaged are the fuel tank radiator and the front crash bar. i'm probably right in thinking the assesor will have next to no clue what these cost to buy, being so unique. zcarschris - do you think you could tell me what these items together would come to just incase...

thanx again

Attached Files

Edited by minidan, 06 February 2007 - 06:59 PM.

#15 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:01 PM

Really really really sorry about your accident.

the lady on the phone asked me if i would be happy to let them take it to a local garage for repairs.

:ghost:
Hope you get a decent deal on it to get another mini. Nice support from z cars chris. Good luck. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users