Photo

Hello calling all u mini drivers in lincoln!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: not yet known

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

Hello to every1. I am currently new to this site and only recently found out about it so when i saw all u guys chatting about all things mini i went mad and crazy and did a special jig! Is there any 1 hear from lincon currently living in lincoln witha mini?.........Meet my mini called Betty, shes a rover mini sprite 1993, 1275 white with black roof stripes and a loud exhaust hehe...i got her last year and havnt rely had any problems only small things like some anoying person who stole my chrome grill and sum horrid person who eggd my car!!!!!!(karma will get u) but recently iv had a rely anoying problem wich im trying to resolve....anyone out there in lincoln that can help me id be toatly grateful...ok time to explain small problemo. Mini starts everytime, mini drives great, but after 10mins or less down the rd mini wants to die, seems to be related to fuel starvation but cant be sure. If i pull over (because i have to because mini will just dye) so yer and turn of engine wait a min then start her up mini appears to be fine. This problem appears to be worse when driving at a constant speed for 10mis or more then when i come to lights or junction mini dies. Ok im a girl not to good at explaining but hope sum 1 can help me.

PS. Any 1 in lincon all wana meet up for a mini day out would be much fun i think!!! c-:

#2 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hellooooo :)
There is an increasing number of mini owners from Lincoln, It appears you've already found our thread about our meet.
Is your mini fuel injected? or carbed?

#3 Udo

Udo

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hi

Yeah there doe seem to be quite a few of us around Lincoln

And I'm sure between us we can sort out the problem

As Ed put is it a carb or injection car?

Cheers

#4 chrisholland1983

chrisholland1983

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside Mini Club

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

hello dont live in lincoln but have been to the woodcock meet :proud: will be going to the next

whenever it is looks like 24th march so probs see you there? :)

chris

#5 Bec

Bec

Crazy About Mini's

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

Ohhh yeay another mini in Lincoln! And a gorgeous one it is too :proud:

Welcome gogominigo! Me and my mini (Vernon) live in Lincoln most of the time but we're playing at Boston hospital for the next couple of months. Me and the Vernster will honk and wave if we spot you about!

You haven't had any of that cacky petrol have you?

Take care and have fun :)

#6 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:40 AM

Ohhh yeay another mini in Lincoln! And a gorgeous one it is too :ermm:

Welcome gogominigo! Me and my mini (Vernon) live in Lincoln most of the time but we're playing at Boston hospital for the next couple of months. Me and the Vernster will honk and wave if we spot you about!

Take care and have fun :xxx:

Yay peeps replyed to me...Im just trying to figre this forum shenanigans out so being dizzy as i am i didnt realise that somone had replyed to me.... Ok yer i will honk and wave at u wen i c ya. Im always doing that to other minis, i love mini culture it rocks! This website is so helpfull and frendly...I love the name vernon for a mini thats ace, howd u decide on that name? :(

#7 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:48 AM

hello dont live in lincoln but have been to the woodcock meet :( will be going to the next

whenever it is looks like 24th march so probs see you there? :xxx:

chris

Yer hopefuly i will be there as thats my day off. I dont no anyone there so im a little nervouse turning up on my own. Do u no peeps, maybe u can introduce me? Think my betty is in need of a good polish so i can show her of all shiney and new hehe...what r the meetings like? They have 1 in sleaford but mum told me its all older peeps that go to that 1?

lou

Attached Files

#8 chrisholland1983

chrisholland1983

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside Mini Club

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

have only been once so dont them that well :'( and the woodcock was closed

due to refurb so havent been there either but they are young :( and friendly :xxx:

you`ll enjoy yourself :ermm:

chris

#9 Touche Away

Touche Away

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Local Club: Trent Valley MOC

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

Not in Lincoln, but not a million miles away either.

Went through on Friday as it happens, to collect my new 'zorst from Peterborough, but didn't see any Mini's :xxx:

Hopefully see you soon

Gav

#10 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hellooooo :(
There is an increasing number of mini owners from Lincoln, It appears you've already found our thread about our meet.
Is your mini fuel injected? or carbed?

My mini is carbed... So far my dad has solved the problem of the car diying after 5 mins of driving it. That turned out to be carb ice...Now the problem is only when driven at a constant speed for a long period of time when i come to stop, turn, indicate, traffic lights etc the car looses the power pops very loudly and dies. So we r lookin at fuel pump(wich i just ordered), float needle thingy(sory im a girl, trying my best hear) and possibly stripping down the carb getting an overhaule kit and seeing if theres any blokages. Now im not gona be able to get this looked at for another 2wks as dads gone away so im not planning any outa town long driving hehe...what would u think this problem is? r me and dad on the rite track? Im thinking some kinda fuel starvation hear? God i wish i new more about cars, all this stuff is rely interestin but frustrates me when i cant fix it, i wish i was a boy. Boys seem to always no best when it comes to cars :'( , well all the boys i no do.

lou :xxx:

#11 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:54 PM

Ohhh yeay another mini in Lincoln! And a gorgeous one it is too :ermm:

Take care and have fun :xxx:

Yay peeps replyed to me...Im just trying to figre this forum shenanigans out so being dizzy as i am i didnt realise that somone had replyed to me.... Ok yer i will honk and wave at u wen i c ya. Im always doing that to other minis, i love mini culture it rocks! This website is so helpfull and frendly...I love the name vernon for a mini thats ace, howd u decide on that name? :(

PS. nO CACKY petrol used hear mate! Im a bit of a petrol snob when it comes to it. I refuse to buy from the supermarkets as i always find it makes my betty drive funny. Is this just me or is that petrol from eg morrisons evil and bad?Hmm im thinkin Betty has a problem problemo brewing with something to do with fuel and it aint the cacky kind either, im thinkin she needs a doctors appointment to see somone to get her back in working order. So far fuel starvation has been sugested to me...any more ideas please let me no bearing in mind this only happens whilst driving at a constant speed for a period of time then she dies. I have no problems starting her up again after she has died, so odd! ^_^

#12 rallychamp

rallychamp

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hello and welcome!
Im not in Lincoln but not too far either, some points of call for you in Lincoln could be - MBE engineering, he builds our rally engine/gearbox, he is very good and would be glad to help his number - 01522 522244, or web - www.mberaceengines.co.uk, or you can try John from the Lincoln Mini Centre (not sure if he still trades) but his place used to be not far from the level crossing in the centre (if you go across the level crossing going away from the centre of lincoln, its down one of the streets on the left hand side, maybe the 2nd or 3rd turning).
Anyway good luck with sorting the problem out, give us a wave if you see us!

Attached Files

#13 gogominigo

gogominigo

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hello and welcome!
Im not in Lincoln but not too far either, some points of call for you in Lincoln could be - MBE engineering, he builds our rally engine/gearbox, he is very good and would be glad to help his number - 01522 522244, or web - www.mberaceengines.co.uk, or you can try John from the Lincoln Mini Centre (not sure if he still trades) but his place used to be not far from the level crossing in the centre (if you go across the level crossing going away from the centre of lincoln, its down one of the streets on the left hand side, maybe the 2nd or 3rd turning).

Thanks! :xxx: i will give MBE a call. I no John, a very busy man. Hes also been helpful and sugested a few things wich have resolved a few of my problems. I no were he used to be down the street near the chinease supermarket because when i was a kid i used to walk by and say, 1 day i will have a mini and now my dream has come true! He moved to north hykeham his number is 01522 509480 if u guys ever need him. Thanks!!!

lou :(

#14 rallychamp

rallychamp

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local Club: Lincoln Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:58 AM

Hello and welcome!

Thanks! :thumbsup: i will give MBE a call. I no John, a very busy man. Hes also been helpful and sugested a few things wich have resolved a few of my problems. I no were he used to be down the street near the chinease supermarket because when i was a kid i used to walk by and say, 1 day i will have a mini and now my dream has come true! He moved to north hykeham his number is 01522 509480 if u guys ever need him. Thanks!!!

lou :)

No problem, its a pleasure, if ever you are down grantham way, give us a bell and we can meet for a chat! 07760 488806

#15 minicalledbessie

minicalledbessie

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hi I'm new! I have the same problem. What was the cause in the end? I can't see the answer anywhere. Sorry if i've written in the wrong place I got confused! Neil

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users