#1 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

Well after parting with the old hayabusa Mini as it was too good to race i have purchased a new toy which some of the older Zcar builders may be familiar with, It was a quicker way of getting another car without having to spend a few months building one again anf it has all the toys fitted aswell.
It needs a few alterations and some modifcation but its all there.
This it what it looks like at the moment.

Attached File  CIMG0272.JPG   1.83MB   520 downloads

More updates to follow soon

Cheers

#2 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

Love the colour! Not too sure on the side pod attatched to the rear wheel arch though.

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:48 PM

Looks cool, I like it, I don't mind the rear arch intake, but the front arch looks a bit strange.

Can't wait to hear about this racing though!

#4 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

YAAY! :thumbsup: coolies!

#5 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

That car was at z cars when i went up for my initial test drive something like 30g spent on it correct me if im wrong,remember sitting in it for some reason or other, with your motorsport background i can see and immaculatley prepared race car on the way :thumbsup: all the best with the project

#6 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

Well, after a lot of help from Z-cars i have decided to get it ready for racing so i have been lowering the engine in the cradle to flaten out the driveshaft angle a bit but i may loose some ground clearance so i am trial fitting side exit manifold to see if it will fit around the frame without fouling anything but my only concern is the shock absorber may get a little warm but i depends how the rest of the system is made up.
Fuel pressure regulator and return line fitted
Removed the KAD pedal bow for the time being to try out a different cylinder setup.
Smaller clutch cylinder to fit as per my old red busa mini
remove all the sound deadening and carpet.
Sort out some of the wiring aswell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will get it finished eventually!!!

Cheers

#7 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

looks cool.

#8 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hello Mark,
What is the racing class you are in? any links to regulations

Cheers
David

#9 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

It is the BRSCC Northern sports and saloons championship.
I am not bothering with MIGHTY MINIS as it is too much travelling for me really
I still have my ARDS test to do and finish off the car then start driving it, i may do a couple of trackdays first then tag on to the end of the championship this year.

Cheers

#10 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:36 PM

Hi Mark, I'd like to see this one at some point. Would you mind if I pop up to see it one day? :errr:

#11 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

Hi Mark, I'd like to see this one at some point. Would you mind if I pop up to see it one day? :errr:

Not a problem matt but it aint a pretty sight at the moment, loads of jobs on the go and i cant move in the garage as im storing loads of stuff for a mate in their so i cant event get around it at the moment, it would be better if you came up when its on the road so we can go for a blast??

Cheers

#12 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

Hi Mark,
Looking good. I'm sure you'll have that running again soon. Looks like it'll be a bit warm on your back with the exhaust running like that :errr: . Are you solid mounting the engine to lower it? Have you got any pics of where your oil cooler's mounted(either car). Got to fit Andy's but can't decide best place to put it to get some air flowing through it.

Pete

#13 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Hi Mark,
Looking good. I'm sure you'll have that running again soon. Looks like it'll be a bit warm on your back with the exhaust running like that :errr: . Are you solid mounting the engine to lower it? Have you got any pics of where your oil cooler's mounted(either car). Got to fit Andy's but can't decide best place to put it to get some air flowing through it.

Pete

Im solid mounting at the rear and thin rubbers at the front, The manifold is only a trial for the moment as i cant afford the system to go with it so it will stop it going on the road at the moment so will be re using the old system till race time.
As for the oil cooler i did the red one like this
Attached File  CIMG0300A.JPG   378.67K   164 downloads

Im doing the same to this one aswell as the busa one doesnt get much air and looks a bit blocked, i also have the side pods for ducting air in but i was going to fit 2/3 computer fans to blow air through the cooler on the red mini mounted on top of cooler in a small alloy frame.

Cheers

#14 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:11 PM

I thought i better do a little update no i can relax and drive the thing now.
I Have now trial fitted some lower engine mounts but as i would have to run the side exit exhaust(Which i need to get made) i have refitted the original ones as im running the system underneath for now so ground clearance is an issue at the moment.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The LH side pod has now been connected up to the new bigger oil cooler

Posted Image

The Zcars clutch master cylinder was hanging off the engine as the gear selector shaft side casing had split so a new one was refitted.
You can also see the Dynojet Flatshifter switch fitted to the gearchange pushrod which i didnt know it had fitted till i took it to bits!! :P

Posted Image

The KAD bias pedal box has been removed as the cylinder sizes were wrong for the brake setup on this car so a single cylinder system with a Tilton bias valve in the rear line has now been fitted

Posted Image

I have also fitted a alloy chain guard to stop all the Chain wax flying everywhere

Posted Image

Zcars have also made me up a custom harness bar for the rear rollcage hoop

Posted Image
Posted Image

It was a pain to fit as i had to remove all af the bulkhead panels but well worth the effort in terms of safety.

This is the cockpit now, not much has really change to the eye but ive been flatout sortin stuff for 2 months now

Posted Image

Finally got it Mot'd & Taxed on the first of june and went for a little run out with the local mini club this week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Where it promptly decided to let me down by seizing the suzuki fuel pump so i have now fitted a Bosch item with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so that shold take care of things for now.

Next plans are to fit bigger brakes to the rear as with full bias on the rear the fronts are still locking up with the 6 pots on.
and get the exhaust system made up to make it a bit quieter.

Thats all for now.
Going to oulton park this weekend in it to get it checked out by the race scrutineers.

Cheers

#15 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

Carpets, OMG!!!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users