#1 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

For the z-cars R1 bike engined mini kit what year R1 do i need, do i need the old engine or the new one or are they both the same?? Thanks

#2 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:28 PM

recent experience tells me that for a pro-motive kit you nee a pre-2004 engine, for Z cars I'm not sure.
sods law - I got a fantatstic 2005 R1 combo with 150 miles on the clock and I cant use it if I want to proceed with my anticipated Pro-motive kit as the guys have engineeered ( beautifully i may add ) a solution only suited to older engines.

Many have pointed out to me that it may be a blessing in disguise - newer engines have less mid range torque and weaker clutches - the pre 2003 rig seems to be a far better option - and cheaper too!

Edited by roofless, 27 July 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#3 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

ok mate cheers!! we havnt ordered it yet so suppose wer ask when we order it :thumbsup:

#4 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

ok mate cheers!! we havnt ordered it yet so suppose wer ask when we order it :thumbsup:

talk to malc at Yorkshire engines if you havn't bought your engine yet ( hes on ebay and has his own web-site easily found via google search ), and join the BEC owners club, discounts available for when you do get to talk to malc. Details of BEC owners club in the non mini engined stream of the forum.

IMPERATIVE - whichever conversion kit you go for - get them to detail exactly what engine you need, and what ancillaries are needed to complete.
If you are running the original ecu for ease and cost saving make sure you get the ignition barrel, keys and immobiliser transponder. and preferablly see the thing running before you part with cash.

Once bitten twice shy !!!!

#5 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Speak to Chris at Zcars and they should be able to get you a suitable engine at a competitive price.

#6 lukey1019

lukey1019

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

Ok thanks :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users