#1 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

Hi all

Just a look forward to Saturday's double header race meeting at Oulton Park.

The current championship points table looks like this:

1 DOBSON 45 Mazda RX7
2 ALLANSON 35 ZCars Mini
3 PRIMETT 34 Banks Europa
4 MARIES 32 ZCars Mini..?
5 A.CHALMERS 31 Westfield
6 I.HALL 25 Darrian
7 P.HALL 22 Banks Europa
= WYNN 22 ZCars Monte Carlo
9 ALLEN 21 Fiesta XR2
10 UNDERWOOD 19 TR7
= CRYER 19 Caterham
= WINTER 19 Banks Europa 62GTR

Wayne Dobson's turbocharged Mazda is storming away but the interesting battle is in Class C between Chris Allanson and Chris Maries. With CM believed to be turning out in a Westfield after his Monte Carlo was sold for hillclimbing in Austria there is going to be a battle of the Chris's this weekend.

Class A: 1 I.Hall 25; 2 Winter 9

Class B: 1 A.Chalmers 31; 2 Wynn 22.

Class C: 1 Allanson 35; 2 Maries 32.

Class D: 1 Dobson 45; 2 Und’wood 19.

Class E: 1 Primett 34; 2 Allen 21.

Class F: 1 P.Hall 22; 2 Hardman 4.

This round has two races so two lots of points at available from the day but there is also the option of a joker to play before the end of the season to double the points from one race.

Race details are available here: Oulton Park

and the timetable for the day is available here: Timetable

See you there if you can make it.

#2 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

Was good to see the minis today at Oulton park. It was an exciting battle between Chris in the hyabusa mini, a TVR Tuscan racer and a modified Lotus Europa.....I think Chris held 5th place throughout with the TVR in 6th for most of the race and the Europa in 4th. Eventually, the TVR came through to take 4th position, I think Chris got 5th and the Lotus came 6th. Overall a very good race with lots of different types of cars, much more interesting than the other stuff, although the Legends were good :lol:

I was very impressed with the amazing sound of Goughs white mini, it sounded absolutely fantastic, i could hear it for half of the lap!! I am not sure what happened in the latter laps but the sound was completely different, did it lose power?? Is this a later R1 engine? I didnt get chance to look in the pits....

I got some videos with Chris and Gough so will try and post later when i get chance.......

#3 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

Pics

#4 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

i had a brilliant day at oulton with two wins in the class and broke the lap record for class c cars(under 1600cc) by .620 of a second it was previously held by our old mate chris maries in one of our z cars minis
im well chuffed with this as we managed to set the time on the same tyres ive run all year,they were scrubbed michelins when i bought them for the princely sum of £100 the set and ive done nine races with them , plus a full day at brands hatch at the kit car show doing passenger rides, plus a day testing at croft and a track day at cadwell they are still good enough to finish the season on so at least im proving that if we go for a control tyre they wont break the bank
we are hoping to get some 5 miniute clips from the on board cameras (one forward facing one rearward facing) as soon as crossed thread gets time,he is on his way to america on his hols but will try to edit and load the footage whilst there
as far as rob gough goes he did very well and the on board camera i was carrying shows him right up there behind me in thesecond race before he suffered clutch slip problems
his engine is the latest generation R1 and 180 bhp, revs to 14000 rpm and sounds lovely he is certainly one to watch when the teething bugs are ironed out with his car
ive just come back from the national autograss championships today and there is considerable interest in the race car series from some of my old sparring partners i can guarantee they will be worth watching as they are all hardened racers already and will be spectacular when theres a bunch of us all in similar cars
chris

#5 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

Rob Gough went really well and I think his clutch gave up at the end of race 2 so he just ended up touring round for a finish. He's a very quick driver and it always amuses me watching people do a double take when he storms past.

I think there were over 30 cars entered for two good races. It stayed warm and dry all day and I think most people had a very enjoyable day.

I think Chris Allanson enjoyed himself what with two class wins, his joker played for the first race doubling his maximum points and a lap record for his class!

The race results and timesheets are here under Ace Sports Saloons:Results

I have got some brilliant video from the in car cameras (yes two!) which is going to take me a while to edit down. I'll try and post a write up from the day as well but it might take me a day or two as I'm going on holiday in the morning :lol:

#6 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

:lol: Bah he beat me to it by a Minute!!

#7 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

This shows the grid for race one.
Posted Image

Here's 5 minutes of video of race one. It's mainly of the start, forward and then rear views. Watch for Pete Edwards yellow Clubman.View My Video

#8 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Must say that video is awesome. Its quite an eye opener to see the steel bodied Mini against the spaceframe of Pete Edwards.

Keep up the good work lads!

#9 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

Must say that video is awesome. Its quite an eye opener to see the steel bodied Mini against the spaceframe of Pete Edwards.

Keep up the good work lads!

the other thing to take into account is if you look at the grid of cars you have on the front row a 700 bhp sierra spaceframed beast a 400 bhp mazda RX7 turbocharged
second row is a 630 bhp lotus esprit and a 300 bhp lotus europa
3rd row is a 260 bhp caterham and pete edwards 280 bhp vauxhall mini
i reckon in a straight line start the mini would have had the lot to the first bend!!!
we are going to put a bit wider rubber onto the car for cadwell park as im now getting faster in the car and i would like to get a bit closer to the top four or five cars in the championship.a couple of them arent much quicker and when you look at the tyres they run compared to ours then they look like bike tyres compared to an F1 car
im hoping crossed thread gets more time to play with further bits from that race and the second race there as they were both pretty interesting with good footage of the starts and the overtaking as we lap several cars in the process
just another thing to think about from the start i actually hit 100 mph by the first bend that took 8.3 seconds, pretty quick by anybodys standards BUT the turbo monte carlo will hit 100 mph in 6.2 seconds!! Where does that put it compared to the big sierra now?
chris

#10 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

Impressive stuff Chris! By the way, did my e-mail make it to you? I know you've been busy improving the breed...

Cheers,

Aric

Edited by Monte Busa, 13 August 2007 - 05:29 PM.

#11 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

re send it aric ive quite a few from you over the yearsso im not sure which you are referring to
chris

#12 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

had additional questions about the turbo engine management system / turbo exhaust.....just re-sent to [email protected]

re send it aric ive quite a few from you over the yearsso im not sure which you are referring to
chris

#13 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

I've just put together 5 mins of race 2 mainly the first couple of laps front and rear views. You get to see a bit of a tangle upfront between the Mazda and Lotus Esprit. Click Here

#14 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

Here's a small poor quality clip of them driving past the pits but you get the amazing sound of Rob's car at full speed.Pit straight video

#15 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

One happy bunny!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users