18 replies to this topic

#1 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

I dont own a z-car, but as a biker Im intrested in putting bike motors in a mini.

I was thinkng the other day, how about using a 1000cc V-twin engine. the one im thinking about is an RSV motor.
Is there any reason why it cant be done?

Thanks

Dazer >_<

#2 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

I think the only limits to what engine you can use would be the size of your wallet! Speak to Chris at z-cars to discuss options >_<

#3 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

Im not sure if its something i can do just yet! But when i do I'll defo be speaking to z-cars.

Just imagine the sound of a mini with a v-twin motor! oooo nice >_<

#4 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

I've gotta admit ever since watching different classes of superbikes in the flesh so to speak I always thought that one with a ducati engine would be pretty sweet!

#5 minishrimpR1

minishrimpR1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

I've got a 1098 with Termi's you just can't beat the sound!!!!!!

#6 Phaeton

Phaeton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

At Stonleigh Kitcar show there was somebody exhibiting a single seater kit with a Honda VTR engine in, but for the life of me I can't remembe any names or links sorry.

Alan...

#7 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:35 PM

Oooooooooooo niiiiiceeee >_< . I saw one for the first time a few weeks back and I've got to say it's the best looking bike I've ever seen!

Huge improvment over the 999....... :ph34r: >_<

Not heard one on the move yet though let alone with aftermarket cans! Lucky get! :dozing:

#8 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

At Stonleigh Kitcar show there was somebody exhibiting a single seater kit with a Honda VTR engine in, but for the life of me I can't remembe any names or links sorry.

Alan...

Cool, so it has been done.

I feel a v-twin project comin up >_<

Ade - yeah the ducati are v-twin, the Aprilia's (RSV's) sound the same. boooom! :ph34r:

I think the plus to a V-twin over the 4s is that you dont get as harsh a powerband as you do with the 4's, I v-twins powerband will just pull harder from the start, 1500-2000rpm right up to redline, rather than 6 to 9000 on a 4 cylinder.

#9 dribble

dribble

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

1098 is a sweet looking bike. love at first site and i dont even like ducati! >_<

#10 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

I suppose it depends on personal taste.

For me the whole draw of the the bike engine was the stupidly high revs! The twins obviously don't rev as high but have a smoother power delivery.

Personally if that's what i was after I'd probably just go with the Type-R conversion. But thats just me >_<

Edited by Ade, 24 August 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#11 minishrimpR1

minishrimpR1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

The Ducati has a completely different power delivery to the jap stuff. It is very, very addictive and the torque just keeps going I love it. Compared to the Fireblade it just has the edge on grin factor!

#12 Phaeton

Phaeton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

I went from Fireblade to VTR & have to say if I was buying again it would have to be a 4 & not a 2. The VTR was deceptively quick & would keep up with mates Fireblades & R1's no problems but for some reason it just didn't do it for me.

Link to kitcar in post above http://www.sdrsports...o.uk/index.html

Alan...

Edited by Phaeton, 24 August 2007 - 03:33 PM.

#13 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

I went from Fireblade to VTR & have to say if I was buying again it would have to be a 4 & not a 2. The VTR was deceptively quick & would keep up with mates Fireblades & R1's no problems but for some reason it just didn't do it for me.

Alan...

I sold my 999s in fila race rep colours to help fund my mini, it had termi 57mm open clutch cover and every carbon extra it brakes my heart to think back. Obviously I was skint after the mini build and couldnt live without a bike, so I bought a demo vtr sp2 and it was good, but sadly no Ducati, not quite as fast, not as good on bends but reliable.

I thought this was a car site???

#14 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:34 PM

Alan...

I sold my 999s in fila race rep colours to help fund my mini, it had termi 57mm open clutch cover and every carbon extra it brakes my heart to think back. Obviously I was skint after the mini build and couldnt live without a bike, so I bought a demo vtr sp2 and it was good, but sadly no Ducati, not quite as fast, not as good on bends but reliable.

I thought this was a car site???

I love bikes but im dangerous enough in a car and i just love the sound of a bike engine so Bike chat is ok here mate. :thumbsup:

I may try to organise a meet up soon of z cars owners at a trackday or a mini show as there is more and more of them coming out of the garages now and everyone is different!!
Will put the feelers out and get some ideas.

Cheers

#15 minishrimpR1

minishrimpR1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:46 PM

I should be going to Castle Combe in September might be a good place to start????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users