30 replies to this topic

#1 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

just to let you all know the last two rounds of the championship will be at oulton park saturday 29th september
myself and rob will be there doing battle with pete edwards and his chaps in the front wheel drive minis plus all the other ace deliveries regulars. chris

#2 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

just to let you all know the last two rounds of the championship will be at oulton park saturday 29th september
myself and rob will be there doing battle with pete edwards and his chaps in the front wheel drive minis plus all the other ace deliveries regulars. chris

Good luck. I'll be at Castle combe that day trying to beat Watson Type R's. Unless of course its raining, then my mini will be wrapped in cotton wool at home and I'll be watching you go sideways round Oulton.

Ps brakes bed in and S**t hot

Hilty

#3 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

If you can pass the noise test, haha!!!

#4 mac1zr

mac1zr

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: m1moc

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:07 AM

hi can you tell me what time the races are please? thanks

#5 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

Here you go: Timetable

Sports Saloons are the first and last races with Formula Renaults and some classic and historic stuff in between.

#6 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

Here you go: Timetable

Sports Saloons are the first and last races with Formula Renaults and some classic and historic stuff in between.

See you there then!!

cheers

Anyone else going?

#7 mac1zr

mac1zr

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: m1moc

Posted 25 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

thanks for that will try to get there

#8 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

im going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 01:41 PM

Ade, Andy and myself should also be there.

#10 TR7

TR7

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

HI CHRIS

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN THE LAST RACE. ONE MIN YOU WERE DICEING WITH THE BMW & THE TWO HONDA KIT CARS THEN YOU WERE GONE IT LOOKED TO ME LIKE A GOOD BATTLE WAS GOING ON BETWEEN YOU & THE BMW

SEE YOU NEXT SEASON

REGARDS MARK

#11 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:57 PM

This happened...

:lol: (Click)

Edited by crossed thread, 30 September 2007 - 06:57 PM.

#12 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

:lol: Oh dear, I bet there was a few choice words. BMW drivers eh.

#13 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

BMW is Heavier than MINI :lol:

#14 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:14 PM

have we got any more vid from both races.

#15 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

had n exciting days racing with two good races with the guy in an ex johnny ceccotto DTM BMW with 400 bhp 6 speed sequential box all the goodies
unfortunatly i ended up in the gravel both races
qualified 16th first race dont really know why i was so far back but made a good start and after afew laps caught the BMW we then were at it hammer and tongs all race passing and repassing each other entering the last lap i was behind but right with him so it was one last pus for the place we went down avenue and as we got to cascades a lapped car appeared he went round the outside and i opted for the inside.there wasnt much space and as i braked late for the corner the back end just stepped out a bit and i put a wheel on the grass, no grip there then!!
i spun and wen off into the gravel with a few choice words to say as i was really enjoying it till then
never mind second race to look forward to and because i went off i had to start in 22nd on the grid
got a good start then thewre was a wall of cars round the first bend i managed to pass several through the first few corners then guess what was in front, a pair of strikers and that BMW ...... game on after a couple of laps id got near enough to have go at the first striker and passed him then next lap got the other striker another lap and the bmw was in my sights, we went into the hairpin nose to tail he ran wide and i was up the inside and dragging him up the hill, minis are bloody quick off the hairpin and i was in front ...awesome now i had the TVR that was 4th on the grid in front of me and gained on him for a couple of laps, we then hit oil flags round the back half of the circuit and the BMW was on my tail again, going into druids which is the fastest corner of the circuit he decided to help me round with a gentle kiss to my inside rear wheel, bugger that gravels coming up again, managed to keep control and drove through it and back onto the grass,unfortunatly it ripped the fuel pump wire off and killed the motor preventing me rejoining
eventful and really really good days racing even if i didnt finish both races i still had an absolute blast and drove harder than i have all year, we won the under 1600 cc class and broke lap records along the way
highest finish overall was 4th
i finished 3rd overall in the championship and we learnt a hell of a lot about the circuit racing which to be fair is a new discipline for us to get to grips with
im booking a test day at curborough near litchfield in the next two weeks to allow race kit customers to come and drive the car to get an idea of what its all about
theres already around 15 people want o come so all looks well for next years racing series
the BARC have confirmed we can run to the rules we want to introduce so thats a big help
i guess crossed thread will be producing video evidence of the two races which will be vert exciting at times (1st race lodge corner BMW me and 2 lapped cars springs to mind)
chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users