Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

Linky.

Posted Image

The Spraymate is a high volume low-pressure compact spray set-up, which is more economical than conventional spray methods. The system gives a contained operation, which is directional with little or no over spray. It is a complete plug in and go system, consisting of a 1000w 2 stage turbine, 5metres of flexible hose and a spray gun. The Spraymate is ideal for workshop and home use and is suitable for spraying a variety of finishes, cellulose, emulsion, gloss, lacquers, timber preservatives and varnishes.

Seems like it might be a good alternative to buying expensive spray equipment if you only plan to do a minimal amount of spraying?

#2 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Depends on what finish you want really, nice or C**p.

#3 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,288 posts
  • Local Club: NWMC

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

It's nice and compact :gimme:

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

Oh, I'd only want a rubbish finish! :gimme:

So you don't thinnk it would be any good DJH? Reasons?

#5 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

Not being a sprayer of any brilliance, but having used both air and electric, there is no comparison...

Electric is good for lashing on paint when it don't really matter, ie seat squabs, floors etc etc... but if you want a finish to be proud of, use air and a big tank to boot... need high volume DRY air... pulses of air are reflected in the final finish.

#6 jrls80

jrls80

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Local Club: tongham motor club

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

um... same question, but instead of opening a new post i thought id use this one :angel:

well i just found it and it looks useless, what do you think? (would only be used to spray an autograss racer so does not need to be an amazing finish)

also, would it be best to use a cheapy sprayer such as below, or a brush? chers :P
i ask because i dont want to spend a lot on a sprayer 'cause ive spent all my money on the car! lol :gimme:
if this is as bad as it loks does anybody know of a chep(ish) sprayer that works?

CLICKY CLICKY

Edited by jrls80, 26 September 2007 - 10:38 AM.

#7 jrls80

jrls80

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Local Club: tongham motor club

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

anyone have an idea? tell me what you think then i will shut up :gimme:

#8 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,435 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:47 AM

they're two different systems.

I can't see why Jammie's find wouldn't work if it can flow enough air. The only other possible complication I can think of is if it heats the air enough to effect the paint. £165 is still a decent wad - if they're expecting people to part with that much I'd imagine they have some decent marketing info might even do demonstrations. Mind you it'll never run an impact wrench like a compressor.

As for a £10 leccy sprayer a quick google might chuck up some extra info but for £10 it wouldn't be an expensive experiment and provided it isn't clogged solid with celly primer you'd probably still find a use for it.

#9 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

165 :gimme:

I didn't look at the price, C**p, I bought my compressor for £100 2nd hand, which has a tank the size of a small submarine...

#10 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 26 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

Oh, I'd only want a rubbish finish! :gimme:

So you don't thinnk it would be any good DJH? Reasons?

For the exact reasons below your post from GW :P

#11 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:41 PM

As above really, can't beat a compressor. These leccy ones are OK, but to me (someone who's not at all a pro, haven't painted with a gun for about 8 years either) a decent sized receiver (tank) seemed more important than anything. It seemed so much easier to paint with the large receiver at the garage than with my rubbish 50l home hobby compressor (which I unfortunately sold).

I'm in a simlar position Jammy, I've been painting with aerosols recently and am not happy with it, Ive been thinking it's time to go for a big second hand compressor, but then some garages have space issues too I guess. I'm also lucky that I have my old 'guns and hoses' (not a US rock band).

#12 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

Seems like it might be a good alternative to buying expensive spray equipment if you only plan to do a minimal amount of spraying?

And, if you are concerned about the money side of it, I'd definitely consider a second hand compressor. That way, you can spend £100 on a compressor, buy a gun for about £30, buy some hose, then sell it all on without really losing much money when you've finished.

#13 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,435 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

And, if you are concerned about the money side of it, I'd definitely consider a second hand compressor. That way, you can spend £100 on a compressor, buy a gun for about £30, buy some hose, then sell it all on without really losing much money when you've finished.

Ha Ha Ha that's a goody Mini Mad, 'when you've finished patching up the bodywork on a Mini' :gimme:

#14 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:17 PM

Seriously, no. Can't get a decent finish, orange peel like crazy, runs like crazy, and they never seem to have a consistent flow rate which is very important if you want a nice even finish.

#15 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 26 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

you get what you pay for - we use similar kit to spray emulsion onto exhibition walling and thats about as good as it can do.

I wouldnt even try it with celly or 2 pak - not even for a laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users