31 replies to this topic

#1 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

does any one have any idea where i could fit some Subs in a mini pickup, my current idea is to make a box in the bed behind the cab and cut holes behind each seat and have 2 10"subs with some nice door builds for some mid range speakers and tweeters :)

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:16 PM

i have seen it done in america in the bay at the back it was all done in perspex all good but how u hear it in the cab? :)

#3 The_Mini_Bug

The_Mini_Bug

1 Gold Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:32 PM

have them mounted in the flat bed of pick up would look sick :)

#4 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:41 PM

i was thinking that i would cut a hole in the back of the cab and have the subs in there with the box behind to hoses the magnet and keep them all dry, my main conserner is with sound qualitly more than show off mega loud. but some nice show off looks would be nice but it is a secondy concern,
i should say now my spelling is poor at the best of the times. sorry.
Alex1340

#5 The_Mini_Bug

The_Mini_Bug

1 Gold Star

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:43 PM

i love sound off esp in my bros punto because hes got a 18 cerwin vega

#6 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

im a firm believer in SQ (sound quality) but if u like showing off go for it!! i got a system that is more than capable off dropping bass htz right down with an orion amp and a kicker solobaric sub but as it stands at the mo i have virtually got all the bass turned right down!! :grin: sounds lush in my car!! just needs some sound proofing done!!

#7 The_Mini_Bug

The_Mini_Bug

1 Gold Star

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:19 AM

i love bass but every one moans when im in car because i like it loud

#8 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

No real need for cutting holes to the cab. Just mount them in the bed of the truck.

The lower the frequencies, the less need for line of sight... That's why tweeters are always carefully placed pointing towards the listeners ears, yet subs are placed in the most random positions!

#9 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

Im putting 10" in to give more punch and i belive that the air needs to vibrate to make the sound, so the face of the sub need to move the air in the cab, all so i want the rear deck to be all coverd in ally checker plate and to still be useable to put things in. like large mini bits from shows and to take camping gear down to shows and so on. so the ICE install needs to be compact.

#10 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 08:43 PM

If installing in the rear you might want to go with a 12" driver.

They can reproduce lower frequencies, and like I said lower frequencies need less line of sight.

If you want to see what I mean, close all the windows and doors and everything and listen to all the noises outside. They all seem muffled (e.g. neighbours vacuuming). The muffled noise means that only the low frequencies get to you (you hear a mumble when people talk, you cant hear what they're saying), since the higher frequencies are stopped by the walls!

Another example would be boyracers driving around with max volume. If they're windows are closed, you'll notice that all you hear is the bass, and none of the melody (higher frequencies).

You'll still need to make a suitable enclosure though to give it the air volume that it needs!

#11 Alex1340

Alex1340

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 11:04 PM

i prefer the sound from 10" for the fast base responce, a 10 and a 12 would be nice. the plans is/saw to build a box right up to the cab back in the bay to mount the subs in then port the cab rear wall to get the air moving, then i thought it would look sweet to have a sub behind each seat with it all lit up, im not thinking about making the box for the rear bay out of clear plastic with checker plate that covers it but unlocks to show off. hope that makes sence.
SEE THE PIC

Attached Files

#12 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

No problem with that setup. If you're going to cut holes into the cabin, 10" is the way to go. Even one may be enough, minis are small!

Take your time when cutting anything please, or else ull be sorry :)

#13 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:03 PM

why not try fittind a pair of 8's somwhere in the cabin aswel?

#14 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 09:28 PM

10" subs (i'd go with one) with a 6.5" component system will sound amazing in a pickup.

8" is neither here nor there. The tens and 6.5 system will do an excellent job of covering all the frequencies!

#15 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 10:39 PM

yeah i agree with pavel here, also alot of it will depend on equipment, jot down here what ya looking at, 10s with 6.5 inch drivers mounted on the door will certainly sound impressive!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users