16 replies to this topic

#1 turnipeater

turnipeater

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:58 PM

Hey im 15 and ive got my first mini (still a while to go till i can drive it yet :( ), its a 1987 MINI Mayfair 998cc. I've been working on it all weekend with my dad and we're already gettin people come and have a look. I can't wait to join a club and start more work on it (for a start getting rid of the wheel trims :sick: lol)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Beauty :wink:

#2 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:51 PM

Heya mate! Same car or was at least just different colour, mine looked just like that just over a year ago! Nice to see your startin early! shud be a beauty by the time u can drive!
Well yeh i've played with mine for the last year and she currently looks like this:
Oh yea welcome to the forum there are some clever people on here with heaps of knowledge!

Attached Files

#3 Miniman

Miniman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

Welcome to the mini forum

That car will look very nice when its finished

And Miniman5 is selling some wheels at the moment id have a word with him if you want to get rid of those

#4 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 07:18 AM

hello and welcome to the mini forum

that is a beauty, well done.

#5 Mr Clubman

Mr Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:08 AM

looks really clean and original......i got my first mini mayfair around your age too.....spent years and money doing it up...only to bang it into a wall being over enthusiastic at 17 after passing my test! It didnt look a patch on yours though! great catch...where did you get it from and how much?

#6 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:16 AM

Welcome to the forum mate, your gonna have a great time in your new mini!!

On a side note I think the general consensus when people type MINI they are usually referring to the BMW un-MINI, where as Mini just means the classic. Not really that important though.

#7 Mr Clubman

Mr Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:19 AM

i get that nervous twitch wehn I see MINI printed too....... followed by Beethoven and ultra violence (a la Clockwork orange!) :(

#8 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 09 March 2005 - 12:21 PM

oooh another li'l one!!!

Welcome young man!! :grin:

Superb mini....!!!

#9 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:04 PM

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice mini, lots of potential!

#10 turnipeater

turnipeater

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:48 PM

looks really clean and original......i got my first mini mayfair around your age too.....spent years and money doing it up...only to bang it into a wall being over enthusiastic at 17 after passing my test! It didnt look a patch on yours though! great catch...where did you get it from and how much?

cheers guys, yeh ill use "Mini!!" to represent exitement as opposed to "MINI", cand see wt you mean ther lol. it was £1,275 but we knocked the guy down to £700 (not bad at all :cool: ) and it cost us £110 to tax because it had jst run out, mi dads running it for a year then im gonna be able to get on the road straight away (as soon as i get my provisional lisence),

#11 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:05 PM

Welcome to the forum!

mi dads running it for a year

Danger! Danger! Get a contract in writing that you'll get the car back or you might not see your dad for dust!! :(

#12 turnipeater

turnipeater

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:14 AM

haha, o yeah, nearly forgot, its likely that that could happen, he's assured me hes cona compete with me rather than steal mine, but he can afford to insure a cooper so he'll win, darn. I betta get that in writing just in case tho :wink:

#13 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

Winning isn't all about speed! I don't care if some crappy nova can beat my mini i know i'm the one with the gorgeous car! An i'm dam sure i'll be havin alot more fun than him!
I find the more work i put into it the more enjoyment i get out of it!
Yea i used to get that with my dad (just borrowin your car!) well until he bought his lotus lol!

#14 Mr Clubman

Mr Clubman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:31 AM

Yeah well done on the bargaining! beauty is that you can spend the next 2 years slowly perking it up if you so wish to do so! (as longa s you don't follow in my footsteps and right the thing off after years of hard work and money!) Yes I am a mini killer :( reformed now though! curently trying to save a life aka a '78 clubman! tehehehehe

#15 turnipeater

turnipeater

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:35 PM

Hey just a quick update, havnt been on here in ages!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users