17 replies to this topic

#1 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

A friend and I were wondering where you could possibly fit a sub except the obvious boot. Well I was wondering would it be possible to fit 2 8" subs under the rear seat much like the speakers. Has it been done or is it one of the lousiest idea's you have ever heard?

MiniMoi

#2 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:52 PM

yeah been done b4!!

they put the board at an angel to fit :thumbsup:

#3 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:00 PM

Cool, ok no where near the point that I can actually think about puting ICE in my Mini, but a man can dream right. Well that is what I am going to go with than.

MiniMoi

#4 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:47 PM

easy back seats come out........subs go in :thumbsup:

#5 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:53 PM

I put 2 8inch subs in the back storage bins ,with a hole in the bottom of them for the speakers and a lid on top the seal it.

If you wire the subs in parallel you get twice the power of the amp ( must be 2 ome stable )

#6 BlAck0ut

BlAck0ut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:58 AM

any pictures plz bungle?

#7 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:40 AM

umm im not sure what you mean bungle

do you mean youve put them vertially in the rear bins, or youve put them horizontal, as horizontally theres only about enough room for a 13cm component...

to get the best sound out of sub placement you really need to do some homework

resonance etc

#8 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 06:40 AM

sounds like a good idea!, if theres room im going to put a small sub in the centre console im making! :rolleyes: im going to have a sub in the boot my mate has a vibe 1000W or 1200 not sure its all amped the lot its a 10 inch and teh car shakes and the parshal shelf shakes and the windows widbrate! its a vibe sub.

#9 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:05 AM

To be honnest. I think MEGA ICE is totally pathetic. Ok in a mini it has to be cranked up a little bit to hear the music over the noise of the engine. But stupidly loud where the driver 3 cars infront can feel his car through the ground is just plain stupid.
Ive got a 400 watt 4 channel amp. Ive crossed the sub over 2 channels, and ive put one channel to each component on the parcel shelf (which run through crossovers for the Tweeters)
Now thats much loud enough. Im waiting for my Dashboard and my Blaupaunkt HU to arrive and I can test them out.

Ive got a 12" JBL sub in the boot, and 2 8" Kenwood components on the rear shelf along with a set of 2" tweeters which work amazingly well.! :grin:

Im thinking of downgrading to a 10" sub because the 12" is too big and I have no boot space.

<|Ben|>

#10 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

I will try to get some pix over the weekend but they are dificult to see ( that was the plan + wanted clear boot )

they are mounted horizontaly in the pockets near the foor with a hole in the pocket for the sub and a plywood lid to make it a sealed box.

#11 Hot MPI

Hot MPI

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:33 PM

I have a pair of MB Quart 6 1/2" subs which are designed to be fitted into a bandpass enclosure. The design of this enclosure is very compact, and with a slight modification to the dimensions (but being careful to retain the correct volume) this will fit under the rear seat. I haven't fabricated the enclosure yet, so I can't comment on the sound quality.

#12 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

To be honnest. I think MEGA ICE is totally pathetic. Ok in a mini it has to be cranked up a little bit to hear the music over the noise of the engine. But stupidly loud where the driver 3 cars infront can feel his car through the ground is just plain stupid.
Ive got a 400 watt 4 channel amp. Ive crossed the sub over 2 channels, and ive put one channel to each component on the parcel shelf (which run through crossovers for the Tweeters)
Now thats much loud enough. Im waiting for my Dashboard and my Blaupaunkt HU to arrive and I can test them out.

Ive got a 12" JBL sub in the boot, and 2 8" Kenwood components on the rear shelf along with a set of 2" tweeters which work amazingly well.! :grin:

Im thinking of downgrading to a 10" sub because the 12" is too big and I have no boot space.

<|Ben|>

you will blow the voice coils of the speakers in the shelf if you have a sub in the boot!

#13 Leonard

Leonard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Local Club: mini rebels

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

ive got a pair of 6 by 9 speakers in the parcel shelf, and an upwards facing 12" kicker sub in a box in the boot. i cut a 5 or 6" hole in the parcel shelf as a bass port to get better air movement and to protect the parcel shelf speakers.

#14 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

you will blow the voice coils of the speakers in the shelf if you have a sub in the boot!

I was thinking of making an enclosure, but like I said, its only 100watt sub. So its not really big enough to damage the speakers. But yea, Im thinking about making enclosures.

<|Ben|>

#15 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

8 inch subs in back bins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users