#1 lootuning1

lootuning1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Local Club: Looney Tuning

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

Just a word of warning. DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY!

They are an absolute joke and a con. Im just going through legalities at the mo. They are trying to charge me the remainder of my poicy for cancelling. The majority of companies let you cancel your policy early and just charge you an administration fee. Where as these people, charge you an administration fee plus the remainding time you hav left and then have the cheek not to give you a years no claims - EVEN THOUGH youve just paid a whole year PLUS SOME!

I have been driving nearly 10 years and i have never EVER had to pay the remainding balance when i have cancelled insurance early! NEVER! and im absolutely FUMING that they think they can do this.

SOOOOOOOO...................................NOONE use this company! They might seem like the cheapest comapny about but i assure you - in the long run - you will be paying more >:)

#2 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

i wouldnt use endsleigh....

they tried to pursue me for 3 months of insurance... despite cancelling my insurance and having a letter from them informing me.

#3 lootuning1

lootuning1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

Im pasing backwards and forwards. Im fuming

Just wrote a letter ot the evening mail. Just because everyone HAS to have insurance should not give the companies a right to rip people off. I can see why people drive around with no insurance! The UK is a joke!!!!

URRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, at least you all know about em and now Ensliegh now to >:)

ANymore companies people should stay away from?

Best thing about it, i asked them to change my policy from my Rover 414 to my mini and they wanted £600 third party!!!!! I managed to insure the mini for £200 FULLY COMP with AGREED EVALUATION!!!

Absolute RIPOFF!!!

Edited by lootuning1, 10 December 2007 - 11:17 AM.

#4 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

i wouldnt use endsleigh....

they tried to pursue me for 3 months of insurance... despite cancelling my insurance and having a letter from them informing me.

just reading this with interest, insurance companies do have a right to request 3 months payment , when i tried to cancel mine, they wanted 3 months back (M&S) i didnt think that was too harsh saying as you signed up to a 12 month deal. But to be honest i would always read the small print- i know its an annoyingly obvious thing to say, but the fact remains, all details will be declared in this part of the contract- requesting ALL the money does seem harsh but its these type of things you need to look out for when purchasing insurance..

#5 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:19 AM

Sorry to say, but when you pay for insurance you usually enter a contract for a year. When I took out my classic car insurance I was categorically told that the insurance is for the year and I wouldn't receive a refund if I cancelled early.

Does your T&Cs say anything about it?

I'd have to agree with them not giving you a years no claims. Its independant of you cancelling your policy really, but why should you recieve a years no claims if you haven't gone a full year without claiming??

#6 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:20 AM

This won't be what you want to hear... but, if you read through all the small print in your documents (every single piece of paper they sent you), it will be there in black and white.

It's not actually that uncommon for insurers to ask for the rest of the premium if you cancel early (unless within the first 14 day cool off period). A few of my insurers in the past have stated it cleary when I've taken out the policy.

I do hope you get this sorted, and if they never told you about the cancellation clauses then it is their fault...... Good luck! :)

#7 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

Ooops two people posted while I was still fannying about..... :)

#8 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

well it was the date of my renewal and i found a cheaper insurer...

they had been a problem right from the start by charging me double.. and then charging me for 2 seperate cars i didnt own etc.

#9 lootuning1

lootuning1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

I'd have to agree with them not giving you a years no claims. Its independant of you cancelling your policy really, but why should you recieve a years no claims if you haven't gone a full year without claiming??

But why should i have to pay the remainder £300 when ive not had insurance for that time? I thought, "i tel you what, ill pay that money if there gonna give me a years no claims"

Never, have i EVER had this problem before and im a bit of a bu66er for changin me cars and ive cancelled a couple of policys through finding cheaper insurance elsewhere and i hvae NEVER had to pay the remainding balance.

Who reads the terms and conditions? Does everyone do that? ive never done it - maybe its a lesson learned!

When I took out my classic car insurance I was categorically told that the insurance is for the year and I wouldn't receive a refund if I cancelled early.

They never told me that on the phone. They should tell you that on the phone! DO you not think?

they had been a problem right from the start by charging me double.. and then charging me for 2 seperate cars i didnt own etc.

Same wth Quote A. Id asked them to swap to the mini and the woman on the phone said shed swap the cars over so that i didnt have to pay anymore money as the mini was a much smaller car and was less insurance. So the 6 months money i had already paid, they were just going to use as 12 months on the mini. That was until they tried taking out my monthly installment again. I called and asked them what they were playing at and they explained that the conversation never happened and that the policy was going to run, as it was, for the mini! :)

Edited by lootuning1, 10 December 2007 - 11:36 AM.

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Yes, they should tell you something like that on the phone, but then you would get a bit bored, and probably start to not listen after a while if they read through their entire terms and conditions! And yes, when it comes to insurance I do read the full terms and conditions. Its important to know what your covered for and what your not, etc.

I agree though, some, if not most, companies don't make you pay the remainder of the term, I don't think HIC, Mini World, Adrian Flux do, but I know Sureterm will (or whoever they issue your insurance with). Its kinda like a mobile phone contract, your in the contract for 12, 18, 24 months, etc, and the only way you can cancel it is to pay for your remainding months line rental. Remember, you are paying for a product over a certain time period. You have to pay for that product whether you use every month of it or not. You wouldn't eat half a banana then take it back to the shop and expect half your money back...

#11 lootuning1

lootuning1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

I agree though, some, if not most, companies don't make you pay the remainder of the term, I don't think HIC, Mini World, Adrian Flux do, but I know Sureterm will (or whoever they issue your insurance with). Its kinda like a mobile phone contract, your in the contract for 12, 18, 24 months, etc, and the only way you can cancel it is to pay for your remainding months line rental. Remember, you are paying for a product over a certain time period. You have to pay for that product whether you use every month of it or not. You wouldn't eat half a banana then take it back to the shop and expect half your money back...

I understand what your saying but how come some companies arnt Ar$$es and others are then? Yes, ive been with A.Flux, HIC and Mini World in the past and like you say, ive never been charged the remainder of the policy. SO what gives other companies the right to do so? Is it because they are that Cr4p they dont make any money, therefore they have to rip people off?

#12 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

Its because some are more customer orientated, and others listen more to shareholders!

Speak to the FSA, you might find out they aren't allowed to charge you for months not used. However you may find out they are, in which case the chance of getting any refund is zero to none.

#13 lootuning1

lootuning1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:49 AM

Im on a misson to look into this lol. Just saw this, someone else having the same problem with them :)

http://uk.answers.ya...21020336AAUmX6a

#14 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,420 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:51 AM

It's not uncommon depending on how long the policy had left to run. If there's no financial advantage in cancelling the policy then I'd just let it run out and claim your Year's NCB.

Might also be of some use if it includes minimum cover to drive other cars.

#15 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

I understand what your saying but how come some companies arnt Ar$$es and others are then? Yes, ive been with A.Flux, HIC and Mini World in the past and like you say, ive never been charged the remainder of the policy. SO what gives other companies the right to do so? Is it because they are that Cr4p they dont make any money, therefore they have to rip people off?

its ok for you to say this, but you obviously went with them in the first place because they gave you a lucrative deal.
i bet 9/10 drivers do not choose to cancel ther insurance and because hyperformance do very competitive prices, the majority of the their customers will be pleased with there deals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users