#1 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Local Club: West Sussex

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have my Corsa on finance but i hate the car and i said i'd never get into another fiat but i really want another active sport theres one at the garage that i brought my last from, is it possible to trade in a car thats on finance get the other car and carry on paying the finance?. I brought my corsa for £6000 and the punto is about £5500 im hoping they would do the trade in for that.

I do have the money to pay off the finance in like the next year.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

I doubt you'd get £5500 trade in price on a car that you bought for £6000. As soon as you drove it away from the garage it will have lost value.

How long have you owned the Corsa now? How many miles have you put on it?

I would suspect you'd get about £4.5-5k trade in price on the Corsa.

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:55 PM

i would keep it another year pay off the finance

sell the car privately and then go car shopping with cash

#4 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

I don't want to keep the corsa i don't feel safe in it at all i hate it :D

About 3months and 19000 just over it has on it.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#5 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:08 PM

Lois thats a real waste of money. You might have the money now, but I'm sure you will get stuck again, like you did with the punto at one time..Keep the car, save the money and don't have the struggle or have the worries of less money. You said to me today that you struggle to pay for petrol sometimes before you get paid so I wouldn't even think about getting another car yet.

If you paid of your corsa, you'd never make the money on it on a private sale.

If I was you Id think about it for a few months and if you still don't like it, think about changing it, it might just be a phase you are going through. I really want my Mx5, I can afford it, but at the moment Im waiting because, I dont know what situation Im going to be in in say six months time. Plus I might have changed my mind by then. If you rush into getting another car, A) you will waste the money and B) you might only like it for a few months and then regret it again. I presumed you liked the corsa when you first got it else you wouldnt have spent that money on it!

It is a safe car, probably safer than the punto. I think you are just still nervous about driving after the crash but to be honest, Ive seen you drive since the crash, you are less confident but that makes you more aware, and you are driving a lot more carefully.

But thats just what I think

you could always have my corsa :)

or ollies mini :D x

#6 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:11 PM

Yeah but the punto basically saved me all paramedics and said that, that car took all the impact for me and im lucky i walked away hfa did alot for me in that crash, and i think i'd feel safe knowing its a safe car and that i walked away from it. The corsa has so many problems with it.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#7 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

Yeah but the punto basically saved me all paramedics and said that, that car took all the impact for me and im lucky i walked away hfa did alot for me in that crash, and I think I'd feel safe knowing its a safe car and that i walked away from it. The corsa has so many problems with it.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

Just like Molly saved me :D

What has the corsa got wrong with it? Im sure if the crash was in the corsa, it would protect you pretty much the same!?

Seeing the interior of the same car would bring back the memories for a while though.

Maybe get insured on Ollies Punto for a while, and see how you feel driving it? x

#8 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

Lol i have more chance of dying in ollies car haha.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#9 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

Lol i have more chance of dying in ollies car haha.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

lol. But seriously. before you rush into anything, test drive a punto or drive ollies punto for a while, you might decide you dont like it but I seriously think its a waste of money to be honest, and not something you should do but its up to you x

#10 Ollie180

Ollie180

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,781 posts
  • Local Club: Sasmog.co.uk

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

use my car?? ha! no chance :D

all my cars get s*** from her :dozing: but yeh lol dont rush this time lois.like you did with the corsa >:) i said so many times you wont like it bla bla bla. like i said we will go see them sat and just get a idea of what you can do i do think it would be better if you went back to the punto but just dont think you should rush it to it this time

#11 screech

screech

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,136 posts
  • Local Club: Bognor rock ya mini & WSMOC

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

IMO id say the Vauxhall is safer.

Although you will get problems with it, at the end of the day, its a vauxhall, they went thorugh a bad stage (Thats whys iv now gone german!)

The fiat though, is much more basic, less to go wrong, and probably cheaper to repair, and like you said - you know they can save your life!!

Difficult with the money situation though, i had to sell my astra, which was still on finance, use the money i got from it to pay for the repairs and to pay it off, and then looked at the money situation to go buy a decent car.

So really, you need to sit down and work out what you can and cant afford, go to some dealers and find out how much you can get for your corsa and go from there.

If you do decide to change though, use the money you get from selling it, to pay off the finance, then start again on the new car. Like someone else said, you wont get enough for it to pay it off, maybe a year down the line you might be able to.

:D

Mark.

#12 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

The fiat though, is much more basic, less to go wrong, and probably cheaper to repair, and like you said - you know they can save your life!!

I'd have to agree with the statement that the Corsa is probably the slightly better car, but disagree with the statement that the Fiat is probably the cheaper to repair. From my time with the Coupe I learnt very quickly that the Fiat main dealerships are generally pants. Take ages to get parts in, usually the wrong one, and usually don't fix what the actual problem is.

#13 minimarco

minimarco

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:37 AM

Lois thats a real waste of money. You might have the money now, but I'm sure you will get stuck again, like you did with the punto at one time..Keep the car, save the money and don't have the struggle or have the worries of less money. You said to me today that you struggle to pay for petrol sometimes before you get paid so I wouldn't even think about getting another car yet.

If you paid of your corsa, you'd never make the money on it on a private sale.

If I was you Id think about it for a few months and if you still don't like it, think about changing it, it might just be a phase you are going through. I really want my Mx5, I can afford it, but at the moment Im waiting because, I dont know what situation Im going to be in in say six months time. Plus I might have changed my mind by then. If you rush into getting another car, A) you will waste the money and B) you might only like it for a few months and then regret it again. I presumed you liked the corsa when you first got it else you wouldnt have spent that money on it!

It is a safe car, probably safer than the punto. I think you are just still nervous about driving after the crash but to be honest, Ive seen you drive since the crash, you are less confident but that makes you more aware, and you are driving a lot more carefully.

But thats just what I think

you could always have my corsa :D

or ollies mini :D x

you should have a talk show...

RazChat or... Dr.Raz or something

#14 MissSportyGT

MissSportyGT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:36 PM

I think the corsa is a worse car i never had problems with my fiat and the people at the garage were so nice and did everything so quickly for me. Im not going to pay off the finance with that money as i already have enough in savings to pay it off, which i will pay it off when i finish college.

My mum said maybe sell it privately as get more for it that way then a trade in, so might do that after christmas. I already know i don't want the corsa anymore i hate it i just don't like the feel of it at all.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

#15 matty...

matty...

Super Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Maybe telling you "how to suck eggs" but you'll have to pay the finance off before you sell it (or even advertise it)?

Personally, I used to find a new/different car felt a bit sketchy and that I wasn't fully in control becuase I wasn't used to it. After changing cars god knows how many times at work it doesn't bother me now. to be honest I'd carry on driving it for a while especially as by the sound of things you have only driven it in the winter, which isn't the nicest thing in the world driving in rain, fog, ice etc... especially if you haven't been driving for that long.

Why does the Corsa make you feel unsafe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users