22 replies to this topic

#1 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

[Well here you have my on going saturday project that was once a free shell from a mate. The car was obtainned as mine was stole and i couldn't afford to replace it at the time. It lived under the trusty blue sheet for six months until cash was available and i got a local garage. I think its been 5 years now that ive had the car and it was great gleeming in orange and white with a screeming 1380 in it, the car spent 3 years to develop and 6 months as the summer toy on the road. it was then stripped of its engine as hasn't been driven since. The engine went to pay for house stuff and because i was sick of taken it out every so often to fix it. Still worried that with the new power unit wont like the drive as much as i did. Anyway i started trying to put a 2lt redtop in and this is how far ive got. The frame is in and ive had it running now but was gutted to then take it all apart to paint the bulkhead again. The one photo shows another project an mine a long time ago.

Anyway lots about me forgot to mention that me an a few of the custommini lads have been mates for years and this is how it all started. Ive always owned a mini and had great fun in doing them up i joined up the custommini mini boys after befriending the boses younger brother. Back in the day i used to drive a bit reckless and have great fun round merry hill an this caused my wheel arches to hang off. One evening while at work Les (Custommini) picked up his brother and we got talking. Long story short been mates for years. The blue motor was fitted with grp 5 arches by Les one saturday and the test run to see if they fitted sweet and didn't catch was unforgetable. Lets just say my car broadsides well and Russ Swift at one point would be proud. Since then the quality of fibreglass bits has never been doubted.

The orange mini was the most ive ever moded with Les telling me to go miglia spec so many mods later my tubbed welded up shell saw the light of day sporting a 2 piece saloon fibreglass front Attached File  Image006.jpg   230.92K   59 downloads with power bulge bonnet fitted well. With the 1380 this was just the job but then i needed something different for the Vauxhall project so i now have a 2 piece clubman front made from fibreglass. Much cheaper that steel and never rots.Attached File  Image017.jpg   10.02K   16 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by custom2ltr, 03 February 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#2 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

Finally, I've only been nagging at you for 3 months! :thumbsup:

Anyway, this is the first Blue Mini that ended up getting stolen :lol:

Fond memories of it pulling me all over the road.

Les.

Edited by Custom_Minis_Ltd, 03 February 2008 - 10:01 PM.

#3 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Well alot has progressed since my last entry. I have now been baffled by stipping a pair of 45s on the kitchen table and yelled at for stinking the house out but after a few hours found the missing pieces we will see if i did it properly when they go back on. Also the last pics are now redundant as the front has been completely stripped back to paint the bulkhead orange. Never never use bloody hamerite as me an my mates have spent about 15 hours stripping the stuff off to allow paint to stick. Looks 100 times better now its been stonechiped up and paint orange looks a different car. Quality at the minute but couldn't have done it without a little help from me friends (well a hell of alot actually), pictures to be added as soon as i'm back to work. :P

#4 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:03 PM

Here are a few pictures of how the car looks now and it definately looks better orange than white. Here is how the car looked when it was stripped down to the subframe. Attached File  DSC00294.JPG   789.3K   56 downloads The car was then took back to the metal stonechipped up Attached File  DSC00272.JPG   636.3K   21 downloads and followed by some high build primer.Attached File  DSC00277.JPG   798.27K   24 downloadsThen finally painted back orange and reassembled.Attached File  DSC00280.JPG   657.83K   66 downloadsAnd here it is back on the ground.Attached File  DSC00286__3_.JPG   650.27K   35 downloadsAttached File  DSC00285__1_.JPG   641.58K   53 downloads

#5 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  • Local Club: EMC/No pub mini club

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

Nice looking car,What front subfame is it please?

#6 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:10 PM

Its a modified one a friend made for me one was completed before with a mini subframe and this was his next improvement.

#7 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:12 PM

Its a modified one a friend made for me one was completed before with a mini subframe and this was his next improvement.

What type of pedal box/brake cylinder arrangment have u used or made?

#8 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

I went allspeed peddle boxsimple in design really but does the job its a tight squeeze though with the pipe work and it doesn't leave alot of rome for twin throttle cables so ive just used a single for the moment. The allspeed just adds 3mm plate and chops one bit off and welds it back on the opposite way.

#9 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

I went allspeed peddle boxsimple in design really but does the job its a tight squeeze though with the pipe work and it doesn't leave alot of rome for twin throttle cables so ive just used a single for the moment. The allspeed just adds 3mm plate and chops one bit off and welds it back on the opposite way.

I think i might modify a stadard pedal box then,If thats all they do! it`ll save me £125 :P

#10 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

I think i might modify a stadard pedal box then,If thats all they do! it`ll save me £125 :dontgetit:

An the rest all in with all the bits its about £180.

#11 FailleARQ

FailleARQ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Local Club: www.clubminimania.cl

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:41 AM

Hi.
Sorry the question, in wich Vauxhall comes this engine??? I ask because here in Chile we dont have Vauxhalls but we have Chevy Corsa, Vectra, Astra and others who look exactly the same, so I asume they use the same engines too.

Thanks

#12 mini_turbo_pete

mini_turbo_pete

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

Hi.
Sorry the question, in wich Vauxhall comes this engine??? I ask because here in Chile we dont have Vauxhalls but we have Chevy Corsa, Vectra, Astra and others who look exactly the same, so I asume they use the same engines too.

Thanks

The engines are a C20XE they came in Vauxhal Astra GTE, Vauxhall Astra GSi, Vauxhall Cavalier GSi and quite a few others, just look for the C20XE engine

#13 FailleARQ

FailleARQ

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Local Club: www.clubminimania.cl

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

thanks

#14 custom2ltr

custom2ltr

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Well its been abit slow with work commitments lately managed to change all the ball joints and refit the interior. Also got a new ETb dashboard installed just waiting for my alloy tank to be made and can finish the wiring off. Will post some more pics soon.

#15 Brutal Force

Brutal Force

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Zagreb

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

Sorry to bother but I was wandering where can I get those big spot or fog lamps?
Been looking for those for a while so would be helpfully if you had some sort of site link or something...?
Already got me the brackets ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users