No replies to this topic

#1 minimotor_JD

minimotor_JD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

Firstly OT, i have fixed all my problems with my mini, battery bay,battery, alternator.not the bonnet thought...bumper !!. Also serviced it myself, which was fun 2 days ago.

After days on end of research and calling many companies i have chosen on a long term project to start in the summer of 08. this is a vtec conversion (MTB). Got my heart set on it. the plan is to buy a complete donor honda with B16A1 unit, which has a compression ratio of 10.2:1 . A company is able to supply me will the parts build partly from scrap at a price of course. this is the following:

Subframe, engine and gearbox mounting brackets, top shock absorber brackets and fitting kit.
Lower shock absorber brackets and fitting kit, each. x2
Suspension adjustable lower arms with rose joints and fitting kit, each (exchange) x2
Steering rack and fitting kit
Coil over shock absorbers
Engine lower stabiliser and fitting kit
Gearbox stabiliser and fitting kit
Drive shaft x2
Alternator bracket and fitting kit
Cable type clutch to hydraulic conversion kit
Steering shaft
Exhaust adaptor
Gearbox selector shaft

This doesnt include the front raditator, i was gutted, but i am sure i can find one from somewhere, i was thinking MiniTech. So the quote was £2313 + VAT. Also doesnt include the engine of course,lol Another company in the US do a the whole kit for around £2812 or so. But i'm gonna stick with dealers in the UK

Then theres the case of the carbon fiber front flip kit that i plan to obtain from minisport.

So all thats left to do it find a honda vtec engine & gearbox. Note that i dont plan to start this til the summer at the latest. Any advice and help would be great. If its a good idea.....anyone want to talk me out of it....

Thanks JD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users