9 replies to this topic

#1 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

I was just wondering who else is racing the BARC NW this year in their z car. I know that there was talk of several people doing it this year but i don't know who except me?

Thanks

Tommy

#2 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

me

#3 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

me

Thats 2 then!

#4 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hi Tommy
I'll be there as I believe will Mark Proctor :)

Not sure how many will make it to what races but four of us did the ARDS test at Croft last week.

Chris

#5 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hey all

i live just 10mins away from croft. I am just putting my deposit together for my z cars racer and will hopefully be racing next year dependant on how quick i manage to get to grips with my z car. i too also need to do my ards test.

but i will be a definate for next year!

Phil

#6 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

Its good to know that others will be there racing too. How was the ARDS test as i was supposed to be doing mine this saturday but have had to pospone it two weeks due to work commitments. Is it straightforward?

#7 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

ARDS was easy although it's amazing how any driving assessment makes you slightly nervous! You get a few laps with an instructor then drive him around and as long as you don't spin it is easy enough.

The written is easy 14 flag signals to identify (sometimes explaining what waved flags mean) and some multi choice questions (you only need check your mirrors now and then, no more than that. Apparently that's a common mistake on the written test).

We drove new style minis which were OK but the brakes juddered like hell and the traction control seemed a bit crude couldn't help thinking that the next time I drive around there it will feel a bit different!

The instructors were quite mature guys (like the best of us!) that tried hard to make it worthwhile.

Where are you taking your test?

#8 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

I am going to take my test at Oulton Park as i've never been there and half the racing season is there too so it will at least give me an idea on where the track goes.

#9 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

I am going to take my test at Oulton Park as i've never been there and half the racing season is there too so it will at least give me an idea on where the track goes.

I dont think oulton park do the ARDS test?? Anglesey do but i maybe wrong!!

#10 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

I dont think oulton park do the ARDS test?? Anglesey do but i maybe wrong!!

They do. Well put it this way i provisionally booked it there for yesterday but had to rearrange as i couldn't make it. I'll ring motorsport vision to double check that i was actually going to be doing it there though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users