Attached Files

#2 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Was it fun cutting everything to peices? I didn't get the front off ebay in the end... got too pricey for a man with no money! Good pictures of your progress, their really big ;D

#3 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

Looks great, we'll be doing mine in a couple on months ;D

#4 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Was it fun cutting everything to peices? I didn't get the front off ebay in the end... got too pricey for a man with no money! Good pictures of your progress, their really big :dontgetit:

it was fun i was a bit nervous at first but once i got going there was no stopping me ;D

#5 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

well,im hopefully picking my flip front up friday,im getting more nervous about doing it the nearer it gets time to do it,where are ypu going to fit your strengh bars,are you putting hinges at the bottom????

#6 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

well,im hopefully picking my flip front up friday,im getting more nervous about doing it the nearer it gets time to do it,where are ypu going to fit your strengh bars,are you putting hinges at the bottom????

i might use hinges at a later date ,but at the moment using bonnet pins,bolted the brace bars to the front subframe and inner wings, 2 bolts hold the brace bars on the front subframe,one normal bolt and the other one i used the bonnet pin as the bolt.

#7 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

is that still in the gel coat??

#8 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:18 PM

is that still in the gel coat??

yes it is, looks ok dont you think?

Attached Files

#9 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

more bloody questions,what about the wires to the headlights and / or indicators,are you using quick release connections,im planning on using gas struts of a hatchback boot to control and aid a smooth opening,yeh the gel coat looks good,you going to rub it off and paint,sorry to hijack your thread,just really interested

#10 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

more bloody questions,what about the wires to the headlights and / or indicators,are you using quick release connections,im planning on using gas struts of a hatchback boot to control and aid a smooth opening,yeh the gel coat looks good,you going to rub it off and paint,sorry to hijack your thread,just really interested

thats ok good to share info with you, right going to use a 7 pin caravan plug and socket which cost me 3.80,because mines held on with bonnet pins it makes it easy to disconnect the lights etc so you can lift it off, yep going to spray it ,but i am tempted to leave it as i think it gives the car the rally look with attitude lol, keep the questions coming

#11 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

well im going to be a cheapskate and keep mine in the gelcoat for now ( can get away with the colour ),mine is a single piece ( moulded bonnet ),will have to cut out the holes for grill/headlights and indicators,not sure how to secure this lot to the fibreglass at the moment,still debating where to put my side repeaters,roo has them in her a-panels,will have to think about that one!

#12 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

Just thought i would ask in here rather than creating a new thread for one question.

Is there anything else i can do at the bottom of the front rather than hinges or pins or should i just make the hinges rmovage from the front end so it will be completly removable

Edited by mighty mini jack, 16 April 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#13 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

each to there own mate,you have to do whats best for you!

#14 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

Just thought i would ask in here rather than creating a new thread for one question.

Is there anything else i can do at the bottom of the front rather than hinges or pins or should i just make the hinges rmovage from the front end so it will be completly removable

dont know there proberly is i would just make the hinge pins removable which i think they are any way, so you con lift it off

#15 captain kirk

captain kirk

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

i am going to put mine in the a panels to but got to weld on some new a panels first an repair the skuttle panel my bits are held on with nuts and bolts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users