123 replies to this topic

#1 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Just had this idea today, so I haven't thought it all through yet.

Basically it would be starting at Chichester, going through Bognor Regis, Worthing, Brighton, Seaford and then ending at East Bourne.

The run would be pretty much the whole of the A259, from west to east. Although we could go the other way, if people would prefer.

It would be about 30 miles from Chichester to Brighton, then possibly stopping at Madeira Drive for photos and food and finally another 20 miles to East Bourne. Either lunch at Brighton or dinner at East Bourne, again it depends on what people feel would be best.

Would also like to make sure it is on a weekend, preferably a Sunday, where there are no big Mini shows on.

Any ideas or input would be very much appreciated, I've never organised anything like this before so bear with me.

Posted Image

This is the plan at the moment.

Meet at Goodwood in Chichester at 10:00 on 10th August 2008.

Goodwood House
Goodwood
Chichester
West Sussex
PO18 0PX
Telephone: 01243 755000
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/

Leave Goodwood at 10:30.

Stop at Brighton for lunch at approximately 13:00.

(Location undecided, please PM me if you can help on this)

Leave Brighton at approximately 14:00.

Arrive at Filtching Manor in Eastbourne at approximately 15:00.

Filching Manor
Jevington Road
Filching
Polegate
East Sussex
BN265QA
Telephone: 01323 487933
http://www.campbellcircuit.co.uk/

#2 Jackabee

Jackabee

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Sounds brilliant - we don't get a HUGE number of mini events in the deep south so something like this would be great - would definitely be worth contacting as many of the clubs in the area as well - I can definitely post some more details onto the Portsmouth and Southampton MOC as I am sure many of them would be interested - just let me know and I don't mind giving you a hand in gauging interest etc!

J

#3 Hannioli

Hannioli

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Local Club: E.L.M.O & Essex

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Basically it would be starting at Chichester, going through Bognor Regis, Worthing, Brighton, Seaford and then ending at Eastbourne.

:ph34r: I live there!! :w00t: Well kinda...my parents do and I spent half of my childhood there :rolleyes: I like the idea ;)

The a259 would be the scenic route of choice but of my knowledge of it, I'm pretty sure it's only a single lane all the way with speed limits of 30 a lot of the time due to the road passing through many towns. Add to that old biddies on the road who have tortoises overtaking them, it can be a bit of an annoying journey at times! Would be a great run to do when it's sunny though, due to all the coastal views :angel:

I know there's a Brighton Mini club and an Eastbourne and District Mini Club, so probably well wroth contacting them James :ph34r:

If you guys do end up doing this run, I may have to pop home for the weekend and meet you over in Brighton ;)

Sorry to be pedantic but Eastbourne is all one word!! :P

[edit] ooh just had a thought, going along the a259 through Seaford is boring to say the least! But you can come off the a259 to join the coast road and then join the a259 again later before heading through the cuckmere valley to Eastbourne :genius: A map would come in very handy for that part of the run :rolleyes: or someone who knows those roads :P

oh yeah, just another thing...bit of a downer, but parking in Brighton can be a real pain! Madeira Drive tends to be packed at weekends, especially if the sun's out :ermm:

Edited by Hannioli, 18 April 2008 - 05:12 PM.

#4 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

I can definitely post some more details onto the Portsmouth and Southampton MOC as I am sure many of them would be interested - just let me know and I don't mind giving you a hand in gauging interest etc!

Thank you, that would be very much appreciated.

I'm not too concerned with the 30mph speed limit and I think being such a scenic route would more than make up for any slower sections.

I think we would probably just stick to the A259 to keep things simple and to try to prevent people from getting lost.

Any other ideas of good places to stop in Brighton, bearing in mind that there might be quite a lot of Minis to park. A good place to stop for lunch would also be nice.

The parts I have done of the A259 have been really good and not too slow, it's not going to be a race afterall.

#5 macfoot

macfoot

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:53 AM

sounds good , will also post this on the wsmoc and let bognor club no as well

what dates you looking at ?

#6 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

Undecided on a date at the moment, just need to make sure it doesn't clash with a big show really. When would people like to do it?

#7 wooly123

wooly123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

This sounds good, I would be up for it as i live in Worthing, pretty much on the road which we would drive along. Maybe stop at Brighton though as Eastbourne might be a bit of an anti climax (no offence if anybody lives there) - there would be loads of places we could stop at in Brighton maybe not slap bang in the middle, but theres bound to be somewhere. Dates wise, im a free agent so whenever really, July time?? More chance of nice weather then?!?!
Alex

#8 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

If my car is fixed in time I would be up for it. Some nice coastal views in the sun sounds pretty good to me.

Good idea Mr Magic.

#9 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Well lets get a list started then.

This is a list of people who are interested, please post a prefered date/month.

1. Mini_Magic - July

#10 Jackabee

Jackabee

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

2. Jackabee - Very beginning of July (before people go away on holiday)/Mid-June

#11 ian

ian

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

If you all decide to stop in eastbourne for something to eat i will come down as im only a few miles north of eastbourne. wont do the run because its not on the road yet still :D

why not stop at beachy head for taking pics mm, better views than brighton and you will be going right past it.

#12 glennthrower

glennthrower

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

beachy head is a good idea, best to go somewhere scenic.

3. glennthrower - June/July

Hopefully your mini will be ready by then wooly :D

#13 wooly123

wooly123

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

Well lets get a list started then.

1. Mini_Magic - July
2. Jackabee - Very beginning of July (before people go away on holiday)/Mid-June

4. Wooly123 - late june, early july

Hopefully your mini will be ready by then wooly :thumbsup:

ah cheers, it will definatly be ready by then as im picking it up from the paint shop tomorrow. :D

Edited by wooly123, 22 April 2008 - 06:25 PM.

#14 redhotmini

redhotmini

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

1. Mini_Magic - July
4. Wooly123 - late june, early july
5. redhotmini - whenever, except the end of june because i'll be driving to scotland.

#15 Cooper-Dooper

Cooper-Dooper

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: WSMOC

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Yay this sounds like fun....would love to come along and I live in Worthing right near that road!

Cooper-Dooper: any time except between 4-13 July because I am on holidays then and wouldnt want to miss it :P

Can't wait!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users