51 replies to this topic

#1 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

hi guys thought i better post some photos of my progress (well a link will do eh)i am building a hayabusa powered version and will hopefully be the proud owner of one very soon. i ordered the kit in mid january and i wont be getting it till 31st may (not long to go) chris will hopefully send the front subframe up early next week to allow me to get the front end rolling. the frame i am getting has the exhaust running around the side of the engine so the engine sits 3" lower or so. should be better with a lower centre of gravity. hope it's ok if i pick your brains if there is anything technical that i might need to know
http://s72.photobuck...s/i171/ted1979/

got some photos of the rear frame which is looking tidy

Eddie

Edited by edsmini, 16 May 2008 - 11:10 PM.

#2 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

Hi and welcome to the world of zcars minis.
It looks like the frame design has evolved again judging by the photos

Posted Image

Looks very different but very functional att he same time.
What are your plans for the car?

Cheers

#3 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

hi there, im going to try and keep the exterior pretty standard looking but the inside will be a bit more race type, carbon dash or fibreglass havent decided yet. as you can see im painting the car power red. cant decide on wheel arches they seen a complete headache with nothing that looks like it grew there, they all look short or poor quality so im looking for some suggestions from TMF. im getting the lsd diff, and richard tells me that larger disc brakes are being fitted to the rear set up, i like plenty of stopping power. i am also getting the laser cut gearshift binnacle which in turn makes the gearshift alot shorter plus it looks at home in the minis, zcars had one fitted to a maroon mini back in april. i also saw the citroen 2cv that they are converting to busa power (awsome conversion)

cheers
eddie

Hi and welcome to the world of zcars minis.
It looks like the frame design has evolved again judging by the photos

Posted Image

Looks very different but very functional att he same time.
What are your plans for the car?

Cheers

#4 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

Some photos of my front subframe which arrived today. first class job from zcars

Eddie

Edited by edsmini, 20 July 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#5 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

well i have been told that i will receive the rear frame on wed ( ripper ) so i will take the day off work to take delivery, which is easier than driving down to hull to collect so fingers crossed that it WILL happen but i will keep posting pics
Eddie

#6 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:20 PM

The front frame has changed quite a bit as well

Cheers
David

#7 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

Attached File  DSC01636.JPG   1.3MB   156 downloadsAttached File  DSC01639.JPG   1.33MB   231 downloads well got the rear frame today at last. but might have a couple of teething probs but will keep u posted

#8 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

Attached File  DSC01692.JPG   1.46MB   122 downloadsAttached File  DSC01688.JPG   1.44MB   208 downloadsAttached File  DSC01684.JPG   1.32MB   91 downloadsAttached File  DSC01670.JPG   1.49MB   70 downloadsAttached File  DSC01669.JPG   1.44MB   65 downloads[attac
hment=60817:DSC01682.JPG]Attached File  DSC01683.JPG   1.36MB   62 downloadsquote name='edsmini' date='Jun 4 2008, 10:17 PM' post='1001530']
Attached File  DSC01636.JPG   1.3MB   156 downloadsAttached File  DSC01639.JPG   1.33MB   231 downloads well got the rear frame today at last. but might have a couple of teething probs but will keep u posted
[/quote]

well i got the rear frame fitted today, although i had to cut the shiny new frame at the back to allow the car to fit over as the bracket that supports the exhaust was in the way ( not very happy about it but cutting the new rear valance back off wasnt an option as it is all painted ) also made battery box that fits behind the passenger seat, uses some of that wasted space beside the engine.

Attached Files

#9 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

oh how i envy you!

#10 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

is that a 5PW unit you're using ? and are you keeping the exup ?

I binned mine and I'm now wondering if its causing issues with the ECU and achieving full on acceleration and max revs.

thanks M.

#11 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

well i got the rear frame fitted today, although i had to cut the shiny new frame at the back to allow the car to fit over as the bracket that supports the exhaust was in the way ( not very happy about it but cutting the new rear valance back off wasnt an option as it is all painted )

The shell hasnt got its final paint on yet, i would have personally removed it and made it removable via small bolts in the lip, a great shame really :D

I binned mine and I'm now wondering if its causing issues with the ECU and achieving full on acceleration and max revs.

thanks M.

Think you are getting slightly confused, The hayabusa doesnt have an Ex up valve???

cheers

#12 Joshmini

Joshmini

I Want To Ride My Bicycle! (Just Not Peddle)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Ooo looks nice, loving the colour scheme.

#13 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:37 AM

well i got the rear frame fitted today, although i had to cut the shiny new frame at the back to allow the car to fit over as the bracket that supports the exhaust was in the way ( not very happy about it but cutting the new rear valance back off wasnt an option as it is all painted )

The shell hasnt got its final paint on yet, i would have personally removed it and made it removable via small bolts in the lip, a great shame really :D

thanks M.

Think you are getting slightly confused, The hayabusa doesnt have an Ex up valve???

cheers

i thought about the bolts to hold the rear valance on, i will re-attatch the rear frame back on with some custom sleeves and it will look fine and will remove without any problem but i was a bit peed at having to cut the frame in the first place after waiting 6 months on it but this was the best way i thought. i will get the sleeves powdercoated the same as the frame. chris said they might need to make it so that part unbolts. the final paint colour will be vauxhall power red i will have to find some wheel arches soon, hens teeth springs to mind genuine sportspack ones.

#14 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:17 PM

i wouldnt bother looking for genuine sports pack arches, i use the set from minispeed about £60, just take your time when using the templates to drill them off so they dont end up looking like a 50pence peice!!!

Posted Image

cheers

#15 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

thought i would add some pictures Attached File  DSC01805.JPG   1.43MB   65 downloadsAttached File  DSC01803.JPG   1.38MB   63 downloadsAttached File  DSC01801.JPG   1.38MB   84 downloadsDSC01801.JPG]Attached File  DSC01800.JPG   1.35MB   56 downloadsAttached File  DSC01799.JPG   1.33MB   50 downloads[attac
hment=66831:DSC01798.JPG]Attached File  DSC01771.JPG   1.47MB   49 downloads seem to be getting there now but it has been a hard struggle so far, engine running and most of wiring done just lights and speedo to extend, hopefully another 6 weeks to completion, as long as the money is available. i check the engine most nights to make sure it is ok !!!!! or just an excuse to hear it running.

Eddie

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users