#1 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:40 AM

Well we had a great couple of weeks travelling, did some amazing roads over the mountains into Andorra and loads of windong roads in france! Car did well considering It was using an untested, borrowed engine!

I'm waiting for the piccies to come back and when I get them I'll post a few!

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

Welcome back, and so are we... waiting for the piccies !!

#3 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:28 AM

yea welcome back glad the mini was ok

#4 SCURVY DOG

SCURVY DOG

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:49 AM

dam was hoping they would not let you back in the country :(

glad to see you back safe

#5 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

thanks guys! pics are due back on monday night so Should be able to post a few on tuesday!

#6 andywaller

andywaller

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:12 PM

good to see you had a good time. look forward to seeing those piccies

#7 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:00 PM

Welcome back mate! Glad it all went ok. by the way is this a pic of the Justin & Emmamobile?
Posted Image

#8 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:08 AM

that is Jstin and Helen's car! and just behind it you can see mine! Always a bad idea to park next to that car! no one is interested in the others on the stand!!!

by the way The Estate will be up for sale shortly!

#9 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:33 AM

that you had a good time and at beaulie, i would have been there if it wasnt for my exams! :(

#10 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hey Alan,

Any chance of a bit more indepth description of the IMM? (apart from great) :(

Did you miss us????

#11 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

ok TC! The event itself was in a fantastic location and the cap site facilities put Norfolk to shame I'm afraid with 3 pools, showers that were constantly being cleaned after each use, plenty of running water and only a 5 minute walk to a glorious beach! The trade stands however were not too great, with only a few big names there and then a few independant traders. A couple of these had obviously undersetimated how many people were attending and quickly sold out of the more popular stock.

The first nights entertainment was really slow to get started but eventually was very good, the second night saw the main party and the piella (no idea how it's spelt) was cooked in 2 enormous frying dishes and came with a seperate plate of salad, pudding and a bread roll! not many people finished the Piella yet alone the rest!

As usual we went in fancy dress (pictures to be posted once obtained) and had agreat time! when award time came around we found that we had won "Sprirt of the Show" for a couple of members who had been up danceing all night and I had won "Best Fancy Dressed Male"! Out of the 4 awards we won 2! not too bad considering!!

The sunday saw a lot of last minute buying and then relaxing at the pool and beach and on monday a lot of people left to go home. We stayed on for an extra day to go to Barcelona which I seriously reccommend to anyone going to spain. The tourist Bus Routes take you to all the major attractions and it is well worth getting off to have a look at the main ones!

The trip there and back was fantastic and included everything from windy Gorge Roads next to clear rivers to driving over the moutains with fantastic views! Really looking forward to next years event in Poland Now!! :(

#12 SCURVY DOG

SCURVY DOG

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

good job central was not there as we took over last years imm on the saturday/

sunday night :(

you would have had some compition for the prizes :tongue:

#13 Guest_falk_*

Guest_falk_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

well...

i completely disagree... in terms of minirelated things this years IMM was completely disappointing. badly organised (in fact most of the organisation was done by the campsite staff and not the club mini cooper). the event hall was to far off the campsite itself, traders had to pay too much money to sell things which was to be noticed in their prices and the final event party thing was closed at 8pm... the only highlight was the cavalcade which really gained lots of attention. probably the best cavalcade i have done so far...

apart from that it was great being there as the campsite was fantastic and on a very high standard and the weather was just perfect. if you were coming as a group you had lots of fun opportunities for having a great holiday. i'm talking of great holiday NOT of a great mini event!

the way there and back alone was worth doing it. some of europes most famous roads could be driven (and were)...

to see my IMMpressions click http://www.mini25.or...2005/index.html (you may notice though that there are not so many pictures of several different minis but far more of the things to be seen while traveling...)

but can anybody explain why english people traveling abroad are always looking for steak and chips for lunch??? :grin:

#14 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:35 AM

Falk, I actually agree with you on your points! There were many things that needed to be done better for a mini event and when all was over my club members and i found that we spent most of our time there in the pool or on teh beach or at Fred's pub! Great english food and a great price too!

However, we did have a great holiday, would have liked more "mini" related things to do but at least the facilities and weather were fantastic!

#15 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

I had won "Best Dressed Male Fancy"! not too bad considering!!

Why doesnt that surprise me!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users