#1 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Local Club: Mary-Q-Crew!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

hi im looking for parts from a mini designer such as seats,seat belts, steering wheel,door cards,bonet badges and so on.
if anyone can help me
many thanks
adam

#2 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

The Brains Behind TMF's Secret Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

hi im looking for parts from a mini designer such as seats,seat belts, steering wheel,door cards,bonet badges and so on.
if anyone can help me
many thanks
adam

Designer trim is VERY hard to come across now.

Best I can suggest is custom seat covers on a normal seat set - minitrimmings can sort you out easily. Red belts, bonnet badges and grey outer trim - minus light rings - should be stocked by Minispares! :D That's where I got my replacements from.

Steering wheel & door cards are a little more tricky. Keep an eye on ebay and make sure you 'case' any Mini Show autojumbles thoroughly, you might just get lucky!

Good Luck!!

#3 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

if anyone can help me
many thanks
adam

Best I can suggest is custom seat covers on a normal seat set - minitrimmings can sort you out easily. Red belts, bonnet badges and grey outer trim - minus light rings - should be stocked by Minispares! ;) That's where I got my replacements from.

Steering wheel & door cards are a little more tricky. Keep an eye on ebay and make sure you 'case' any Mini Show autojumbles thoroughly, you might just get lucky!

Good Luck!!

aww thank you that helps alot :-
i appreciat this :)
adam x

#4 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

if anyone can help me
many thanks
adam

Best I can suggest is custom seat covers on a normal seat set - minitrimmings can sort you out easily. Red belts, bonnet badges and grey outer trim - minus light rings - should be stocked by Minispares! :D That's where I got my replacements from.

Good Luck!!

aww thank you that helps alot :P
adam x

YW... all in all, you're going to need a fair amount of financial beans for that little lot, but it'll be worth it. Designers look VERY smart when tarted up in original garb. I even know somewhere that can re-make the Quant front seat badges if you want the full interior. (PM Me :errr: )

The light rings are best brought chrome and powder coated to match as grey ones are NLA unfortunately. That's what I did with mine. Turned out v. well indeed.

Red rear & front seatbelts are available from www.securon.co.uk, not cheap, but very necessary.

Can provide pics of doorcards if you'd like to try and get a custom set made by anyone. :) Always willing to help fellow Designer owners, especially if they're keeping things original-ish.

If you need any info on the Designer, just ask me :errr:

#5 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:13 PM

if anyone can help me
many thanks
adam

Best I can suggest is custom seat covers on a normal seat set - minitrimmings can sort you out easily. Red belts, bonnet badges and grey outer trim - minus light rings - should be stocked by Minispares! :P That's where I got my replacements from.

Good Luck!!

aww thank you that helps alot :errr:
adam x

YW... all in all, you're going to need a fair amount of financial beans for that little lot, but it'll be worth it. Designers look VERY smart when tarted up in original garb. I even know somewhere that can re-make the Quant front seat badges if you want the full interior. (PM Me :xxx: )

The light rings are best brought chrome and powder coated to match as grey ones are NLA unfortunately. That's what I did with mine. Turned out v. well indeed.

Red rear & front seatbelts are available from www.securon.co.uk, not cheap, but very necessary.

Can provide pics of doorcards if you'd like to try and get a custom set made by anyone. :errr: Always willing to help fellow Designer owners, especially if they're keeping things original-ish.

If you need any info on the Designer, just ask me :xxx:

haha you sound like me i have one thts total original with the speakers on th back dash and so on but im gonna get more and do them up :xxx: to jays disliking :D
iv started well in the process of starting a mq group if you want to join? lol
just a thought :)

#6 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

haha you sound like me i have one thts total original with the speakers on th back dash and so on but im gonna get more and do them up :) to jays disliking :thumbsup:
just a thought :genius:

I've spent 7k restoring Monty to date over the last 5 years! Unfortunately, his rear speakers - original ones! - went bye-bye due to needing a new back end after some ;) in a VW Golf Estate went into the back of us at 30mph when we were sat at a red light a few months ago :ermm:

My collection consists of the original sales brochure for the Designer, a hand signed Mary Quant photo, Rover Dealership promotional poster for the Designer and the rare White Designer made by Corgi - complete with completely incorrect trim ;) I'm still working on the elusive 'Designer' make-up bag that came with the cars though. It's like Rocking Horse Poo.

Do you have webspace or shall I do the honours for the 'Mini Designer Register'? *Is reasonable with website design unless you want fancy-schmancy stuff* Would be fantastic to see how many Designers are left! :cry:

#7 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:34 PM

haha you sound like me i have one thts total original with the speakers on th back dash and so on but im gonna get more and do them up :withstupid: to jays disliking :strongsad:
just a thought :)

I've spent 7k restoring Monty to date over the last 5 years! Unfortunately, his rear speakers - original ones! - went bye-bye due to needing a new back end after some :thumbsup: in a VW Golf Estate went into the back of us at 30mph when we were sat at a red light a few months ago :withstupid:

My collection consists of the original sales brochure for the Designer, a hand signed Mary Quant photo, Rover Dealership promotional poster for the Designer and the rare White Designer made by Corgi - complete with completely incorrect trim ;) I'm still working on the elusive 'Designer' make-up bag that came with the cars though. It's like Rocking Horse Poo.

Do you have webspace or shall I do the honours for the 'Mini Designer Register'? *Is reasonable with website design unless you want fancy-schmancy stuff* Would be fantastic to see how many Designers are left! ;)

omg im envies of your collection haha
yeh we should team up and design it and stuff
what im wanting is to get a group of people with designers by this time next year so we can do the london to brighton and do a big display if your up for that?
ill have a look out bt i dont know were you can look for th bags for them?

#8 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

omg im envies of your collection haha
yeh we should team up and design it and stuff
what im wanting is to get a group of people with designers by this time next year so we can do the london to brighton and do a big display if your up for that?
ill have a look out bt i dont know were you can look for th bags for them?

L2B's usually a bit tricky for me because work don't tend to appreciate me taking time off... *grumbles*

Sounds like you've put a fair few hours thinking about this one... PM me.... :) Let's see if we can get things moving.

(Did I mention I have the Quant keyring in my collection too :strongsad: )

#9 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

weres this been moved to and why?

#10 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

weres this been moved to and why?

ok its been moved to chat lol
dont worry everything

#11 benpopham

benpopham

The Carbon Weezel

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hey.. I have afew designer bits if you after anything.. Bumpers and headlight rings? not in amazing condition but could be cleaned up.. Iv just moved house to somewhere 150 miles away from where there stored though lol so could take me awhile to get hold of them.

#12 pretzil

pretzil

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:38 PM

Hey.. I have afew designer bits if you after anything.. Bumpers and headlight rings? not in amazing condition but could be cleaned up.. Iv just moved house to somewhere 150 miles away from where there stored though lol so could take me awhile to get hold of them.

cool how much are you looking for them or you chucking them?
do you have a designer yourself aswell as were trying to get a group of designer owners?
oh by the way gottadesigner iv got the brochure now :thumbsup: lol

#13 minielle

minielle

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

I'm still working on the elusive 'Designer' make-up bag that came with the cars though. It's like Rocking Horse Poo.

There's a make-up bag to match the cars?! I have to have one!!

#14 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

The bag was black with white Mary Quant lettering. Not that I'm into make-up myself, but as I bought a new Mini Mayfair around that time (August 1988), my mother and sister were able to send off the application forms.

Unfortunately the passing of time means their long gone, but I think the lettering didn't stay in place for long. Not if you actually used the bag as it rubbed off with use.

#15 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

There was someone selling a steering wheel on this thread http://www.theminifo...x...WHEEL&st=15

Seat covers on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.u...id=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by Natalie, 23 August 2008 - 08:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users