84 replies to this topic

#16 northern_monkey

northern_monkey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:13 PM

The guy with a TT engine in his Lupo is Richard from Venom Motorsport, he lives just up the road and is a mate of a mate.

I wouldnt say it handled badly, even with the weight of the engine up front, but traction is a problem. He's supposed to be building something even more special this year.

#17 grey54321

grey54321

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah go for it . . .

Would be good to see how the project goes !

;D

Cheers
Dan

#18 1 litre screamer

1 litre screamer

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:48 PM

Have you weighed the car since you modded it? 400kg sounds extremely light to me! Just interested to know how realistic a figure it is. Cheers.

I had the car on scales to set the corner weights around a month ago, it weighed 503kg, it really is stripped to a bare shell with just rolling gear!

I hope i can get to 400kg, that is my target so i wont stop until i get there!! The ali engine does help but the heavy gearbox then counter acts it. Once the chassis is cut out and the spaceframe fitted i'll get it back on the scale to see how close i am to 400.

Thanks for all of the replies guys, i'll keep you updated but i wont congest your site with it. ;D

Daz

#19 1 litre screamer

1 litre screamer

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

I have just collected the new engine, kawasaki ZX12R, looks very clean on the outside so i just hope its as good on the inside! I really hope all of my drawings and plans are correct and this will fit in the car without huge problems, time will telll i suppose!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

Looks like a wicked project, but i will be amazed if you can get it down to 400Kg!!!

Has it got a cage in it?

#21 1 litre screamer

1 litre screamer

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

Looks like a wicked project, but i will be amazed if you can get it down to 400Kg!!!

Has it got a cage in it?

400kg is my target, i wont sleep until i get it there!! :- its got an OMP cage in there which will be highly moddified and used as part of the spaceframe for the new rear end assembly.

#22 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:53 AM

hey daz glad you clicked on my link :- as youve probably already noticed theres loads of the bike engined cars about on here to help and i get to follow the progress on here as well as club lupo :D

good luck mate and ignore anyone who tells you to take it off the site theres many foreign engines on here in different cars so the lupo should fit right in with the minis

wayne

#23 paulrockliffe

paulrockliffe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:25 AM

I had the car on scales to set the corner weights around a month ago, it weighed 503kg

OK, coolio, sounds a bit more realistic now! Good luck with it and keep us updated.

#24 retrodan

retrodan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Local Club: kentish mini's

Posted 29 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

i quite like the look of these lupo thingy's!!!! with bike engine in should be pretty cool!!! good luck, still kick ur arse in me mini though!!!! :-

#25 1 litre screamer

1 litre screamer

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

i quite like the look of these lupo thingy's!!!! with bike engine in should be pretty cool!!! good luck, still kick ur arse in me mini though!!!! :-

hehehe, sounds like a gauntlet been thrown to the ground! :D I'll be saving it's aggression for the trackdays, the roads will only get the daily drive to work and the occassional blast to beat the idiots in impreza's, no offence to the sensible impreza drivers.

#26 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

Update taken from club lupo so daz doesnt have to :bah:

A quick update, things have started to take shape this weekend, the VW engine is out along with lots other little pieces. The plastic windows have arrived and weigh next to nothing which is very good! The next task is to seal the front end from the weather so i have some kind of dry area for the fuel tank.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A day of hard work has left the lupo as a bare shell, everything is off and the car is now ready to start having the cutter thrown into it!
Its so nice working on new cars,everything unfastens so easily. :thumbsup: To the people that have changed the pedal box with the dash in I doff my cap, what a sod that must have been to do, it was hard enough with no dash.

just a few of the pictures from todays events!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and the part weve all been waiting for :-

The day has come, after 2 grinders and over 35 cutting discs the back end of the car is finally out.
Now its time to start welding new tubes in to make the space frame for the engine and new suspension assembly.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

In a few of the pictures you can see a red sheet, this is where the bulkhead will be fitted, making the car alot smaller in the front but hopefully keeping some of the noise down.

Posted Image
Posted Image

enjoy :xmas:

Wayne

#27 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

Fur Canal!!!!!!!! good luck

#28 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:26 PM

Nice.. I really think I'm going to get a Lupo GTi (one day), but with all the toys I've seen them for £8k.

Good luck with this project, could really scare some guys out on the track :thumbsup:

#29 'Schooee'

'Schooee'

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

This is going to be good when finished! :thumbsup: Yer i'm thinking of gettin the lupo gti next aswel! I think only 500 were brought into the country tho :'( i want a black 1 with euro wheels! hehe

#30 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:08 AM

Yeah something like 500, they really should have brought over a few more.

I think I'm going buy the one round the corner from me, (black gti, leather interior, mint condition - although now someone has lopped the drivers side mirror casing off, nutter drivers eh!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users