62 replies to this topic

#16 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

well done JUnior mini. that is correct this pickup has been converted to internal hinges by the previous owner.

#17 beaubrad

beaubrad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

wow you got a lot of work ,are you guna put it back to external hinges??

#18 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

Yes definetely outside hinges. As you can see I'v e already got the complete inner wing and Apex panel on. And I definetely not taking it of again >_< :lol: :D

#19 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

I am always amazed at some of the projects that get taken on, 50% needs replacing at least! keep at its looking good.

#20 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Roslin racing. Fortunately (or not) I've brought many a car back from the dead!! So it's not a problem just time consuming. Commercial minis in Denmark are very rare and either in perfect condition or like mine. The going rate for a standard mini over here is about £1000 for a wreck and parts are really expensive too. A completely bare rear subframe costs around £240

#21 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:23 PM

same as here, Pick ups are very rare as are Vans so worth doing no matter what state.

#22 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

Congrats and good luck, Jason. Did you go to IMM 2007?

#23 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Thanks Teapot, Unfortunately don't have much spare time for the meets and only manage a couple of very local vintage autojumbles a year. Usually end up buying more grinding discs than parts though. I think I've every spanner etc. there is :kiss: :)

#24 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

Oh look my pickup project has suddenly got a girlfriend :D note the rear light section on. Thats another thing I need to fix on the black one :D

Attached Files

#25 edi57

edi57

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

I love your garage! I wish mine was as neat and comfortable looking as yours is.

#26 widerim_pickup

widerim_pickup

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Local Club: nope

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

I have a set of rear lights if your still after some have a look in my bits for sale, they are the later type

#27 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

Hi Widerum Thanks for the offer but I've managed to source one and a half complete light units in perfect condition. Ain't cheap though!!!
Made a bit more progress last night. Thanks to the heating working! (17 degrees c, mmmm lovely working in a t-shirt) I've put the progress up at my rustrep.com site if you want to see. The previous owner had cut loads of the structural strenght out so it's been a pig of a job to get it lined up again. Somehow the front door surround at the top was bent too. That's also fixed. Can't post any pictures from this computer unfortunately but there are some on the rustrep site

#28 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

I love your garage! I wish mine was as neat and comfortable looking as yours is.

Hehe! It doesn't always look this neat :D However I do try and keep things in there place and reasonably tidy. My neighbours son has started "working" for me as a helper(he's 14) to make some pocket money and he's great at sweeping up and keeping it all ship shape!!! I recommend it to everyone clean garage for very little cash :D and it makes working in there much nicer. The heating helps too....

#29 edi57

edi57

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

When you get round to fitting inner and outer A-Panels I'd really appreciate it if you could take lots of photos and write a bit about what was involved with it. I'll have to be fitting new inner and outer A-Panels to my Mk1 in a couple of months, along with a new front end. This is the bit that I'm most worried about as there is so much alignment to do, all in one go (whole front end alignment, door alignment and door step etc).

Thanks,

Ed.

#30 Scotauto

Scotauto

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I'll try to take some photos for you however I've already fitted the inner and outer A panels on the left side. Are you replacing the floor or door step or sills also?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users