718 replies to this topic

#691 4WD

4WD

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:37 AM

Impressive tech, but at some point I'd rather call it a day and just have a bigger engine for; better torque, wider power band, more reliable short term, no rebuilds lonterm as less stressed, better sound, smoother delivery which benefits transmision and driver. I grew very tired of the on/off nature of my prodrive ppp. That must have the delivery of a Rolls Royce compared to tuned laggy turbo's. My fave engines would be v6 supercharged.

#692 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:17 PM

Wow, Im glad thats over...

#693 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

S*** I missed all of that.......

#694 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:51 PM

Lucky you. I kept reading hopeing Id learn somethimg. just a bunch a "who cares" C**p. Is every body going to just quit what were doing because of all that..Think not..

F1 mini..what did you find out about the alt. drive system from stator shaft????? thanks RichM

#695 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

why that guy keep refering to real world...not sure if he noticed but this kinda is real world...
anyway F1 mini i read your moving to canada...whats the racing like over there? i was hoping 'because you only live banbury id be able to see it sometime doesnt look likly now, i hope you keep going after the move!
also finaly there been any progress since last update?

#696 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

1. Don't forget that Weight of any kind is a Acceleration killer, so 0-60 times will kill a Super car any time, with half the weight of the best super cars in the word I should still be under 3 seconds..... Having a Mid engine will help me as you say helps lift the front and transfer weight to the rears... Still want to have 2" of bump at least..

2. Power band of 5,500 to 10,500 not really what I would call narrow (thats why I got a GT25 smaller Turbo limits the Amount of boost to 20psi but builds it lower down than the GT35R), builds 5psi boost for 6000 rpm that's over 200bhp (300ish bhp/ton) so that's not to be scoffed at... Peak torque of around 200- 230lbs at 8500rpm Have you ever driven a Standard Busa Bike.... They limit the power in the lower gears as it has a tendency to flip the bike so there's plenty enough torque to pull a lot heavy and lower geared mini to 150 mph...... Had 195mph out of the Busa before I sold it...

Drag is Bad I know but I don't really know what or how or even if I could be bothered to calculate it.... More than a standard mini I guess because of the wider track, even with the lower roof line and deseemed.

3. The best rear Geo would warrant a Double wishbone setup but I wanted to keep it simple, the Zcars handle really well with whats basically a Swing arm rear. A De Dion should be better if correctly setup, and a Double Wishbone front which complements the rear, should work well enough to beat some more expensive Track cars. Like you say the Suspension on the front has to take into account the Fixed Roll Centre height of the De Dion, and therefore the front Roll centre will have to be say 50-60mm lower than the rear, helping the car feel neutral, all these calc's have been done for me by a friend who Knows more than me And now works for LOLA. So he has checked it out on there Sim Software... SO don't worry about that......

PS if in Doubt try this link......

http://www.zcars.org...carlo/index.htm

Thanks for reading the thread, I know its long but so the build......
Hope the North Americans like the finished product......

Lucky you. I kept reading hopeing Id learn somethimg. just a bunch a "who cares" C**p. Is every body going to just quit what were doing because of all that..Think not..

F1 mini..what did you find out about the alt. drive system from stator shaft????? thanks RichM

Stator Drive.... TTS will sell the relevant parts on there own so You just need to make up the Alternator brackets.... Will get round all the headaches of low amps, and even on 1200rpm tickover a 100 amp alt will deliver 45amps, so thats enough for Stationary traffic Jams.....
Surprised no one has done it before realy.....

Edited by F1 Mini, 22 October 2006 - 11:04 PM.

#697 4WD

4WD

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the detailed reply F1, it's interesting stuff. You have to expect a few questions when your claiming a mini will match a McLaren F1 for speed!

Sorry to confuse some of you with the technical "C**p".

#698 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:55 PM

4Wd, Its not that you "confuse" anyone its that subject has been hashed over a hundred time sinse we have found a respsctable alternative to the A block engine mini. WE hear it all the time here in the state till we go & blow away some jerk in a comaro or ? then they come back with something else like "yea but you only weigh 850 lbs. nough said...RichM

#699 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

Well the minus is at the MOT station as we speak, so should be ready for the weekend to be back on the road..... Ready for it's departure.... :'(

#700 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:33 AM

hows the project mini coming? done anything on it recently?

#701 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

The Minus passed first time, good old girl.....

My Mini project unfortunately has been shelved until I get to Alberta Canada. So there won't be any progress until I have a new garage and house setup ie. a new home...... so even though I'm moving over next summer, it might not be until the start of 2008 before I can carry on with it....

#702 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:20 AM

Taxed the Minus today, can my Assuie friend please contact me .... Cheers..

#703 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:24 AM

Can I carry on with your project til you get yourself set up again!? :- :)

#704 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

Well after a few long nights of thought I have made the decision to sell the chassis and body I have, and will start again once I have time to give it my full attension....
I know a guy in California who has some Mini Body Moulds, and I can always make the chassis again..
So If anyones interested I am selling the old girl....... this means I now longer need to get a 40ft container to take all my stuff in Ca.... it will fitt in a 20ft er...

#705 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

up todate pics and a full detail list please!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users