Photo
- - - - -

My Little Mini With A Honda Engine.........

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 RED HOT

RED HOT

Fantasy F1 Winner 2011

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Why hide amazing craftsmanship, Pete at spec r is hands down the best at what he does in the uk and that's a fact, I'm lucky that he lives round the corner and after 20 plus years still takes pride in his work, he's a legend in my book !

I'm not disputing that at all, and its very handy having someone like that so close to you, I was just saying that your car is certainly what it seems (and more) when people see it driving down the road. On a side note, are your windows all fixed as per a standard mini? or any of them quick release for fluid top ups etc?

#77 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Local Club: not in one yet

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Why hide amazing craftsmanship, Pete at spec r is hands down the best at what he does in the uk and that's a fact, I'm lucky that he lives round the corner and after 20 plus years still takes pride in his work, he's a legend in my book !

I'm not disputing that at all, and its very handy having someone like that so close to you, I was just saying that your car is certainly what it seems (and more) when people see it driving down the road. On a side note, are your windows all fixed as per a standard mini? or any of them quick release for fluid top ups etc?

The rear quarter lights are opening ones hence having the caps near the window,easy access no need to remove rear screen.

#78 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Claudio, out of interest hows the new exhaust working out? Do you know new db's yet (static and drive by)???

Mine with just the regular single straight through was 101db static and 103db drive by (the drive by got me black flagged)

Hi bud the static is 97 Db I don't know what the drive by is but not had an issue, where did you get black flagged ?

#79 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Castlecombe is 100 Db for action days

#80 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hi bud the static is 97 Db I don't know what the drive by is but not had an issue, where did you get black flagged ?

Goodwood - they are very strict on noise.....

Castlecombe is 100 Db for action days

I tested OK for Combe as they only asked me to rev to 4500, I wasnt about to argue......I can get mine down to 97 on a static at 6500rpm with the extra bike silencer I have but I prefer to not have it on there.

#81 StefanPieter

StefanPieter

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Local Club: FDMC

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Hey E11evns

What a great build..
I love the mods that you have made to the motor and I am thinkining of doing something similar.

I am however struggling to pick a rotrex charger. Many of the k20 forums threads suggest that ones should go for a C38-91 and a BOV to gain midrange torque. But looking at the charts the C38-61 is more efficient at +\- 400hp. I have also noticed that you did a complete rebuild of you engine. Is this level of modification required for this level of performance? If so who do you recommend to perform such modifications and if you don't mind me asking what is the cost involved?

Please can you provide some advise and share your experiences.

Edited by StefanPieter, 12 March 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#82 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hi stefan sorry not posted in a while i am in the middle of rebuilding my engine and should have it put together at the end of the month, the engine is having an all steel bottom end and having darton sleeves fitted aswell because i have found 3 cylinders with cracks in it, some people can run a standard engine and be lucky unfortunately ive not and i literally have encountered every living problem, so this time im doing everything to the engine, i think the current spec of the engine if to buy off the shelf is about 6-9 grand hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users