#16 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

Finally making some progress now. Barnett clutch is fitted.

And engine loosely bolted into frame - thanks for the help Baz500. Didnt look like it was going to line up to begin with but it did and its spot on. You do get what you pay for - 8 engine mounts and they all line up. very happy so far, its a really well engineered kit

well done that man, barnett is a very good move, yes I ran a standard clutch, and so confident was I that I sold my original barnett rig to Basky as I thought I didn't need it - how wrong was I ??

Keep us posted on progress !

#17 deanfisher

deanfisher

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

hi there im dean i got one of there kits about 18 mouths ago pro10 but not had chance to really start it, but now finaly have time i have just order alosd of parts and just had my shell back from the spray shop ,so when the snow has gone and it warms up a little i will be getting out there to start building it.
i live in swindon about 45 mins away it would be good to meet up once they are both built

#18 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

yeh mate that would be good to see another one down this way - from what i gather they are quite scarce down south!
Im still slowly slowly doing bits to mine but im getting there. Working in a very small garage without heat, light and electricity is holding me back this time of year

#19 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

Nice!

#20 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

That's a very tidy looking engine! I will be buying one of these kits soon(ish) for my project so I'll be interested to see how you get on with the fitting to the car.

What excatly is a Barnett clutch? is some kind of slipper clutch? I have a sports bike with a slipper clutch but I haven't heard of a Barnett clutch before.

Luke.

#21 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

The barnett clutch uses springs instead of the original diaphram set-up. The kit comes with 2 types of spring, 1 set designed for bikes and the other (stronger) set are for bike engined cars.
Its a 'must have' as any of the Pro-mo guys that tried running a standard clutch will tell you!

#22 Sean12

Sean12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

anyone got any decent sources for cheap barnett clutches ?

Edited by Sean12, 04 February 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#23 dean

dean

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

i found a complete new kit for £244 on ebay, from a bike shop, thinking of getting it to put on my engine for my car as it does not have one,

#24 Sean12

Sean12

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

there seems to be alot on ebay for around £150ish are these not the full kits or something ? what should the kit include ? is it just the plates and springs you need ?

Edited by Sean12, 04 February 2010 - 10:33 PM.

#25 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

full kit should include new plates (kevlar i think), the spring kit, bolts and the nice red anodised cover

#26 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Things are moving on now. Suspension is pretty much done with everything assembled. At the stage now where I need to choose a brake set-up. Im sticking with 10" wheels so I've been looking at the Mini Sport packages - 4 pot calipers, drilled discs, already have a box of Green stuff pads and i will be using my servo again. Should be enough to stop her unless someone has a better idea. Not an area you want to skimp on so I looked at KAD but christ those are expensive calipers!

Also if anyone else is using a servo on a 5PW - can you point out where to 'T' into? Not 100% surely exactly where.

Attached File  114._copy.jpg   53.67K   213 downloads Attached File  120._copy.jpg   48.82K   157 downloads Attached File  112._copy.jpg   109K   464 downloads

#27 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

i t ed into the throttle bodys where you balance them up, just pull out the blanks , i used 2 t peices and the a y peice from car builder solutions, hth.

#28 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

ah yeh i get it, nice one thanks

#29 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

Attached File  130._copy.jpg   44.36K   71 downloadsAttached File  131._copy.jpg   47.5K   34 downloads

#30 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

made a start on the brakes today. calipers look awesome along with the alloy flanges although i didnt expect to have to open up the holes for the drive flange bolts. bit annoying considering how much they cost. other than that it all seems to fit ok on first inspection. need to order the brake pipes now and a couple of other bits and then i can get this thing mounted back to the bodyshell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users