470 replies to this topic

#31 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:52 PM

Im now starting to think about the fuelling so need so advice on what set-up other people have tried or are using.
Im using the 5PW engine so i would assume i need to use an MPi fuel tank?
What fuel pump can I use as well - i was told to pick up a Bosch pump from say an Audi or VW but is there a specific pump i need to look out for?
cheers

#32 1stpromotive1275gt

1stpromotive1275gt

Mini Mad

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Im now starting to think about the fuelling so need so advice on what set-up other people have tried or are using.
Im using the 5PW engine so i would assume i need to use an MPi fuel tank?
What fuel pump can I use as well - i was told to pick up a Bosch pump from say an Audi or VW but is there a specific pump i need to look out for?
cheers

My car uses an mpi tank and the mpi pump. As far as im aware the mpi fuel pump is good enough as its a higher pressure than the spi tanks.
I sell them all the time for £30 complete but no postage im afraid.

#33 cosi

cosi

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

How's it all coming along?

#34 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Slowly is the simple answer!
Will take some more photos at the end of the week - its looking alright, happy with it so far.
Sat down and wrote out a long list of what needs to be done and when i want it done by - i have set the deadline for April/May next year if all goes to plan.

Autosparks are making up a custom loom so thats really what im waiting for now and will be a big step forward once its all wired up.

#35 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#36 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

Really liking the look of this build, keep up the good work :P

Subscribed :)

#37 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

NICE, I REMEMBER MINE LOOKING THIS CLEAN UNDER BONNET, 1500 MILES LATER NOT SO CLEAN.

#38 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:36 PM

wiring loom has arrived and looks pretty top notch so i will getting stuck into that soon. Spent this week fitting the front end. Despite it being all lined up during the bodywork stage I found some clearance issues with the clutch cover and where the jack shaft bolts to the subframe.
Then I realised I had bigger issues with the front end
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cant do much with it now until I get the new wheels and then wheel arches - then i can re-shape them so that the wheels will actually turn!

#39 lindy119

lindy119

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: looking for one!!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Wow!! So clean!! Can't wait to see this when its finished. :D

#40 Rosslin Racing

Rosslin Racing

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Local Club: SMP beo BMC swiss

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

that is looking nice and almost finished :dontgetit: unlike mine :D

#41 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

finally tackled the wiring at the weekend. so glad i had one custom made from AutoSparks. Fits exactly how i wanted and is real top quality.
Layed it all out and sat down with the good old Haynes manual and sussed out which wire goes where. Not as complicated as i thought it was going to be.
There are a few wires im not 100% sure exactly where to connect them to so i will be picking some of your brains shortly

#42 Timify

Timify

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

finally tackled the wiring at the weekend. so glad i had one custom made from AutoSparks. Fits exactly how i wanted and is real top quality.
Layed it all out and sat down with the good old Haynes manual and sussed out which wire goes where. Not as complicated as i thought it was going to be.
There are a few wires im not 100% sure exactly where to connect them to so i will be picking some of your brains shortly

How did you solve the front end issue?

#43 satvinder

satvinder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Loving the build. Gonq give you a heads up on the brakes. First the obvious make sure the disc are turning the correct watt with the groves. And second don't go for the drilled discs as the disc went made with drills in them and the suffer from stress. I've managed to put a crack along most of the drilled bits last year. And last the pads. Get minispares minted pads there much much better then ebb green stuff pads and there's less brake fade at very high temperatures and less brake dust.

Other than that really like the build.

Have fun with it

#44 racerlike

racerlike

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

havent tackled the arches yet. really need to get the wheels i want first and then the arches to cover them - then i will know exactly how much of the arch I need to cut back. bit annoying but all part of the build i guess.

interesting comments about the brakes. i had ebc green stuffs on before the build and thought they were very good and also long lasting. i bought the MiniSport brake package which just comes with the basic pads so i will see how they go first off but if the Minispares ones are as good as you say then they may be something to consider in the future

#45 mad4mins

mad4mins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Local Club: WAMO!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

awesome project. and your local too! i would love a pro mo kit but a bit out of my reach at the mo

you'll have to come to a winchester meet when you finish it :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users