#16 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Will be when its on the road

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

Cars looks great very nice work, the bonnet looks mint could even keep it like that,flawless work on the bonnet scoop.
Im looking for a minus shell at the moment what is your opinion on them?

#17 lindy119

lindy119

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: looking for one!!

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

wow, not usually a fan of black bonnets but that looks awesome!!

#18 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

prgress is a bit slow,

hehe not any more... it has to be back on the road before May as i have entered it into the L2B show n shine!

Cars looks great very nice work, the bonnet looks mint could even keep it like that,flawless work on the bonnet scoop.
Im looking for a minus shell at the moment what is your opinion on them?

Thanks for the feedback! i wasnt so sure about the black but its growing on me. if people like it maybe i'll keep it like this. cheaper than getting it painted metallic red.

As for my opinions on minus shells? whats to say? they are the best thing ever. cool looks and no rust :) did you know they are being made again?

Edited by minidan, 28 March 2010 - 05:17 PM.

#19 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Nice work, the black bonnet looks good

I think Adam didn't realise it's a new owner!!

#20 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Yes i do i have been looking on the minus cars site and abs motosrsports site at the minus shells and the new sprint shells.
Have you had any issues with leg/head room as im 6ft1in and im not sure i will fit.

#21 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Yes i do i have been looking on the minus cars site and abs motosrsports site at the minus shells and the new sprint shells.
Have you had any issues with leg/head room as im 6ft1in and im not sure i will fit.

didnt know you could get minus shells from abs?
well im 6'2" so what im going to do is simply mount the bucket seats behind the box section and bolt them to the floor lower down. should be plenty of room.
i'll put up pictures of everything i do so keep an eye on this page and you'll see what im gonna do.

#22 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

kk, thanks for the info, ye abs are suppliers of the genuine minus shells from the minus cars website as minus cars dont sell direct to customers at the monent. You can even get them in loads of different coloured gelcoats now.

#23 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

How much less do you think it weighs compared to a steel shell mini, also do you think the reduced body height affects the acceleration, stability and mpg?

#24 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

well having 'owned' a minus a couple of years ago, (i say 'owned' as really my girlfriend owned it but i drove it a lot lol) i can say the stability was awesome! mpg might have been better too because it had a fast road 1380 twin carb 296 cam etc that easily got 35+ mpg. as for acceleration, hard to tell as 100+bhp will have been quick in any mini :)

#25 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

kk, thanks for the quick reply and info, im defintely going to get either a minus shell or a sprint shell to reshell my mini.

#26 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

Looking good! That wiring looked pretty scary to say the least.

#27 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

been outside all day today working on Jason.
Things are coming along nicely now, Fitted a reconditioned pedal box and sorted out the steering column. fixed it back into place much more securely than it
was before so im much happier with that now.
fitted some new angel eye headlamps and started fitting the rear wiring loom too.
also had a quick look at where im going to mount the seats as im 6'2" and need all the room i can get. from the rough position of the seats i rekon there will be loads of room, infact i think the driving position could be better than a standad mini for me.

Picture of new lights :lol:
Posted Image

Edited by minidan, 03 April 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#28 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

had another good full day on Jason -

finally finished rewiring him! hooray :xxx:

also wired up the acewell digidash today so thats cool, just need to sort out the speed sensor somehow?? .

next big job is to make a dashboard .

As i had drained off all the old coolent from the system and fitted new silicon hoses , i refilled the system with new antifreeze mix and then tried to start the engine but it wouldnt turn over properly, so i gave it a few extra turns of the key but still it wasnt turning over.
after looking more closely in the engine bay i noticed the crankcase breather pipe had got stuck in the fan and smashed it to bits!!! noooooooo :dontgetit:
so now ive had to move the rad back out the way to get the fan off and lost a load of my new antifreeze . damn it.

so now im thinking about getting one of those 6 blade metal fans?

anyway after removing the fan i tried the engine again and after a bit of easy start squirted into the carb Jason burst into life! >_< :)
obviously i didnt run him for very long incase of over heating but early signs are good. he idled lovely but struggled when the throttle was pressed.

a rolling road tune up is planned in the long term but i might just get my friendly mechanic to do a timing/mixture check for now.

dan

#29 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Looking mean now!! >_<

#30 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

looks fab, stance, colour, everything! good work!

i have a mk1 innocenti grill for mine... i was wondering how the mk1 grills fit, im guessing that looking at yours they have to sit forward, and not in the recess that normal minis have... as minus' dont have the recess...

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users