#31 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

Excellent! minus's popping up everyware love them :) looking forward to seeing it at a show :P

#32 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

looks fab, stance, colour, everything! good work!

i have a mk1 innocenti grill for mine... i was wondering how the mk1 grills fit, im guessing that looking at yours they have to sit forward, and not in the recess that normal minis have... as minus' dont have the recess...

Ed

yea it does sit forwards. i was thinking about cutting out a massive hole in the front for it but when i realised it the cut out would overlap the inner wings i thought better of it and just plonked it on the front 'as is' and to be honest it doesnt actually notice that much when you look at it.

im well happy with the mk1 look of it now. i think it does give a nice meaningful look lol.

hopefully at the weekend i'll get the passenger seat bolted in as well as fitting the new radiator fan, dash rails, boot pins, and throttle cable.

next weel should see the battery and petrol tank fixed down so they dont move about while driving.

then its just a few tweeks to the ride height ( as currently its so low its almost rubbing the tops of the tyres just sitting there! )

Excellent! minus's popping up everyware love them :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing it at a show :thumbsup:

well are you coming to the L2B ? its going to be in the show n shine.

Edited by minidan, 15 April 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#33 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

Funny enough, i was thinking of cutting a hole too, but as you said, the inner wings get in the way!! Ill just have to buy a surround i guess...

#34 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

Funny enough, i was thinking of cutting a hole too, but as you said, the inner wings get in the way!! Ill just have to buy a surround i guess...

yea just buy the surround, it works pretty well really, its not a huge gap between the grille and body. noone would really notice unless you pointed it out.

anyway! been working like crazy again all weekend doinf lots of fiddly jobs and bit of tweeking here and there. not many photos to show (sorry) but here are a few of the most interesting bits!

this is the dashboard i 'bodged' together from some 9mm MDF i had lying around. i wanted to do a simple flat dash to go right across but due to the weird shape
of the minus dash rails that was impossible so i had make the middle bit sit forward and it gave my the oppertunity to angle it upwards slightly so i can see the gauges better. of course grey isnt the final finish but it was the only paint i had at the time. im thinking of covering it all in stainless steel once i get the car on the road.
Posted Image

couple of the engine bay looking at bit more tidy. have added a few shiney bits if you can spot them :thumbsup:
also gained enough room for the cone filter but swapping the standard sandwich plate for a thin one that has a take off for a vacuum gauge which i plan to fit in the future.

also gave Jason a much need wash!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Will be when its on the road

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Great work, dash looks great good choice of instruments also cus of the small distance between the dash rails, like it alot better now it has proper dash rail pads. Engine looks well tidy. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming. :thumbsup:

#36 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

yea the dash rails are nice. ok they arn't a fancy one off custom show winner type thing, but they suit minis. and i like em. :thumbsup:

#37 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Did you see that minus shell on ebay that ended the other day, would have considered buyng it but it had a removeable front and im not a fan of them.

#38 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

yea i did. i do prefer the solid fronts.

did it sell?

#39 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Ye think it went for £1275 or something like that. I though it was quite cheap.

#40 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:54 PM

i would have liked that custom rollcage he had with it!!

#41 arris

arris

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

Ye, saw that, the whole lot was for sale on TMF classifides. The cage looked mint but preferably when i get a minus shell im wanting back seats.

#42 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

ive just taken Jason for a drive!!! omg he is so bumpy!!! almost unbearable. :/
but there is a much more serious problem than that right now. the clutch slips like crazy! arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggg! so i suppose i will have to try and fit a new clutch. how hard is this with the engine in place?

#43 tedmcedd

tedmcedd

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

it can be done with the engine in place... there is enough room.... especially as you dont have a servo there is loads of space... the haynes tells you how to do it with the engine in i think....

the dash and rails look good.... you should paint the dash the same colour as the body....

that minus shell did go pretty cheap... although saying that it wasnt far off what i paid for mine, and i got a complete car!!!

Ed

#44 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

now i know why it is sooooooo bumpy. the suspension had settled down and there was no clearance between tyres and arches.... lol

i have rasied up the front and now its a lovely and bouncey :mrcool: still have to raise the rear as that crashes into the arches very hard on bumps.

just the clutch to do then.... really dreading it. never done it before :blink:

#45 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:24 PM

today i are be mostly replacing the clutch.

after first driving him i knew it was slipping, and assumed it was just worn out.
when i got the clutch cover off, the inside of it was covered in oil so i feared the worst. that the oil seal was leaking and the clutch wasnt worn out but just covered in oil. after a few hours of trying to get the flywheel off, then rotating the puller and trying again, it popped off. took it apart and it wasnt covered in oil . yeay!

just really worn out. the pressure plate was practically worn down to nothing lol.
also bolted the passenger seat in today. and fixed the fuel tank in properly.

just got the raise the rear suspension a bit to stop it bashing the bodywork on bumps then its mot time!

will try to get the mot this week.
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users