Photo

Tmf+ Reactivation

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: TMF+ Memebrship Options (138 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think we should do regarding TMF+ and the Memebrship Packs

1. Keep the current system and TMF+ will be offline until we sort out a better way to get the membership packs sorted (15 votes [10.79%])

Percentage of vote: 10.79%

2. Abolish the Packs all together, get TMF+ up and running, get people back contributing to the upkeep of TMF and obtaining their discounts (124 votes [89.21%])

Percentage of vote: 89.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

Maybe this is a crafty way of stringing it out for longer.....we are just running this poll for 6 months.... :lol:

#32 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Yup, better TMF+ with no 'membership pack' than no TMF+ at all :lol:

Edited by minimininut, 03 March 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#33 stevede

stevede

As seen on TV

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

No 2 for me

I'm happy to suuport TMF in whatever way I can but if I'm honest, I joined mainly for the discounts. I've had far more than my tenners worth in return so happy to pay again with or without a pack.

I think my original one is in a drawer, still in the envelope.

If I wanted stickers, I'd be happy to pay for them.

emailing a welcome letter with a printable membership card attached as someone mentioned earlier seems like a good and simple idea.

Regards to all

Steve

#34 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

I've never been a + member, been down since I joined. I think membership packs are unnecessary except for maybe a membership card. When getting discount at suppliers, do they not require proof of membership?

#35 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

Today i'm voting for number 2 but a membership card would be good the rest is redundant as far as i'm concerned.

#36 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:31 PM

From my personal point of view id still like to get a pack. if the 2nd option was adaopted i think reducing the price slightly would help (maybe £8 instead of £10). as you would basically be paying the same price for something your getting less of if that makes sense.

#37 james962

james962

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

I'm going to have to Vote #2...

1 x Welcome letter - can be sent via an email/PM - saves paper :lol:
1 x Membership card - as you said can be published on the members profile - and saves paper :lol:
1 x TMF logo sticker - Don't mind paying for one - maybe the price of this and the URL sticker could be discounted for TMF+ members?
1 x TMF URL Sticker - see above.
3 x TMF Spotted Cards - can be printed off.

I agree with this and also voted option 2.

The welcome letter and membership could be done via email or PM'd. Like Twincam says, could the membership number be put onto our profile, but "hidden" from non TMF+ members if you know what you mean? Alternatively you could also just PM us the membership number so we still get the discounts.

For the stickers, i'm not too bothered about them, if i want one i will buy one; as i'm sure many other TMFers would. Even better if they are free :D

Spotted cards could be made into a PDF file for us to print off if we wanted. Maybe put into another sticky :lol:

James :D

#38 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

Maybe put into another sticky :lol:

^^ It'll be easier to do that instead of sending a PDF/email to everyone - that way anyone can send them out.

#39 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

I have been looking at joining for a while but was put off by the window stickers :) . Why would i pay £10 for something i cant use :)

I vote No.2 aswell, but a downloadable membership card with an expiry date on it would be handy. I have to send a copy of my local club membership card to my insurance company as proof for 'being in a mini club' discount.

#40 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

I've also voted option 2 but as has been said by others there are some suppliers who may insist on seeing the membership card - an e-mailed printable version should be fine though,

JR

#41 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

and the winner is...............Abolish the Packs all together, get TMF+ up and running, get people back contributing to the upkeep of TMF and obtaining their discounts.. YAY whens it up and running ?

#42 Timty

Timty

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

Option 2 Ilook forward to contributing.

#43 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:11 AM

As dumb as it may sound I can't use many of the discounts....namely the insurance companies. The Military insurance company we use has the ones offered through TMF dead in the water...BIG time (and that is with the discount applied). So far we got like 5 discounts from our insurance company and we get one every time my wife gets promoted. I mainly joined to help out the forum and to get some stickers....it's nice to show your a part of something cool. I may take up the Mini-Spares discount at some point but I'm not sure when....DSN Classics is only up the road and those guys are super helpful and I wouldn't have to pay VAT. So, it kinda looks like that may be cheaper.....so I guess I only joined for the stickers :)

#44 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Would there not be the opportunity to let people who are happy to join now with the electronic version of the pack (PDF membership card, email welcome letter) join now then in the future have the option of people who want the physical letter and the card sent through the post? As people have mentioned, it would be easy to get one of the helpful members on here to list the stickers for free with a redemption code, or even could one Mod who is in charge of TMF+ just have a stack of envelopes and put a sticker in it and an address on the front? I understand you may have other things to do in life though.
Personally, I dont like stickers on my car anyway so it wouldnt get used, so I would only really need the number for the discounts. Oh, and I would get that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing I am helping out our great forum!

#45 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

even could one Mod who is in charge of TMF+ just have a stack of envelopes and put a sticker in it and an address on the front? I understand you may have other things to do in life though.

this is exactly the set up that caused the issues in the first place and is not something we want to go back to in case the same issues arise. We did look at having multiple Staff members doing the packs but with the distances between us and the logistics of updating each other as to who has dealt with which users made that an impossibility.

I think that if we can get the stickers sorted with a system where you can get them from someone like roofless then that will allieviate the issue and allow us to get you more discounts with other companies. Also should you require proof for your discount for any reason then we would be happy to provide written confirmation to any company of your membership here (although your inital email/pm with your membership number should suffice for this).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users