Photo

Tmf+ Reactivation

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: TMF+ Memebrship Options (138 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think we should do regarding TMF+ and the Memebrship Packs

1. Keep the current system and TMF+ will be offline until we sort out a better way to get the membership packs sorted (15 votes [10.79%])

Percentage of vote: 10.79%

2. Abolish the Packs all together, get TMF+ up and running, get people back contributing to the upkeep of TMF and obtaining their discounts (124 votes [89.21%])

Percentage of vote: 89.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

Jonesy, you made the choices sound very cut and dry! Lol! You made it sound like the second choice is the only choice....even though there is another option. I know it sounds dumb but some of us like stickers! I too don't see what the problem is sending out packs. What was the hiccup in the first place? Don't you guys get together and premake these TMF+ packs and when you get a new member on TMF+ just print out a label sticker, slap it on an envelope and mail it out. Email the new member with their TMF+ number and boom....job done. I'll volunteer to do this if someone will send me all I need to put these packs together. I don't have a job and mostly just sit around my house a good portion of the day thinking about Minis anyhow. I'm already TMF+ and would love to contribute.

Also, Roofless does have a great idea as well! Plus new members would get cool "Sticky Fingers" stickers with their TMF+ decals...so it's win-win really.

Oh, and I voted option #1.....there really isn't any reason why the old system can't work.

Edited by Trail of Dead, 03 March 2010 - 06:15 PM.

#17 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Am I missing something here?

Maybe an official statement from the TMF is overdue.
If putting a membership card /sticker etc in a bag and sending it out in return for £10 is not happening then what is going on? I suspect there is more to it ?

#18 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

it's not cut and dry at all. The Majority will be the way we go. The issue is that the membership packs got so far behind due to personal issues of the Staff Member at the time and there was a lot of outcry about it. TMF is run by people who have very busy lives outside of the Mini Scene and it is actually very difficult for multiple members of staff who live hundreds of miles away to manage this. The last thing we want is for this to happen again.

Roofless, I was going to contact you when the poll had run for a few days so hold that though! :lol:

Basically, we want you guys to get the discounts you deserve and that is what the £10 is getting you. The packs were always a little bonus but the only thing that was of any use to you all was the stickers. I will be looking into getting these sorted so you can get them without the need for someone to spend hours and hours making up packs of which the majority of the contents will end up in the bin! (i know that is where most of mine ended up!)

A poll is exactly that, you get to vote and the winning vote is the way we will go. We often get people complaining we don't ask for input so here is your chance.

#19 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

I can't seem to vote either???

#20 carboy001

carboy001

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Yeh I didnt see much point in the pack to be honest, I joined cause of the discounts and I spend alot of time on here, so was good to contribute to the upkeep.

Plus stickers are buttons to buy anyway, so I dont really see the issue with stickers? The rest of my pack is under my bed somewhere to never see daylight again no doubt.

Im guessing the TMF Team cant vote as their vote would be biased :lol:

#21 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

must be something to do with your user groups - will take a look

#22 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

it's not cut and dry at all. The Majority will be the way we go. The issue is that the membership packs got so far behind due to personal issues of the Staff Member at the time and there was a lot of outcry about it. TMF is run by people who have very busy lives outside of the Mini Scene and it is actually very difficult for multiple members of staff who live hundreds of miles away to manage this. The last thing we want is for this to happen again.

Roofless, I was going to contact you when the poll had run for a few days so hold that though! :lol:

Basically, we want you guys to get the discounts you deserve and that is what the £10 is getting you. The packs were always a little bonus but the only thing that was of any use to you all was the stickers. I will be looking into getting these sorted so you can get them without the need for someone to spend hours and hours making up packs of which the majority of the contents will end up in the bin! (i know that is where most of mine ended up!)

A poll is exactly that, you get to vote and the winning vote is the way we will go. We often get people complaining we don't ask for input so here is your chance.

:lol: ready when you are

#23 secondopsman

secondopsman

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

Just voted for no 2 but i do like the idea of a TMF sticker perhaps with the year on?
Pete

#24 Twincam

Twincam

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Just voted for no 2 but i do like the idea of a TMF sticker perhaps with the year on?
Pete

Problem is my windows would get filled up with them all!

#25 dsgoody

dsgoody

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Local Club: Gert Lush Minis

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

My vote is number 2. I think it will be good just to get TMF+ 100% back and end the ongoing confusion while focusing on the things that matter like discounts.

Welcome letter - A nice touch but has no real purpose or use, abolish it or make it a PDF.
Membership card - As above, abolish and assign a membership no. on the forum.
TMF logo sticker - These would have been nice but the one I received was of a very poor quality. I would like for something to be made available via this yet unseen TMF store or through Roofless, maybe at a small and reasonable cost and beer mat sized so it can be fitted in the side windows.
TMF URL Sticker - The only part of the pack I use (I print my own spotted cards). As above really, but I would like it's cost to be included in the cost of membership.
TMF Spotted Cards - Make them single sided and PDF them. My own cards are identical to the ones that were included in the pack but have the TMF logo placed faded out in the background rather than printed on the reverse.

As a side note to the above, there was talk about TMF flags and now in the events section there is talk about username stickers for the side windows. If these could be offered alongside the TMF logo sticker at a cost then that would be great too.

That’s my thought on it all anyway. Dave.

Edited by dsgoody, 03 March 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#26 Twincam

Twincam

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

I like Dave's thinking!

#27 trafficface09

trafficface09

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Local Club: not yet but soon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

number 2 is always more satisfying then a number one :lol:

um how long will it take for everyone to vote 2 so we can get this show on the road.

#28 mininuts

mininuts

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Voted for #2 but again, I love stickers :lol:

#29 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

get tmf+ back up but also get the shop that i think charliebrown was sorting out up and running so people can buy tmf stickers and maybe tmf t-shirts

#30 Pending

Pending

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

no.2 for me :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users