233 replies to this topic

#31 Craig Tett

Craig Tett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

I agree, very much looking forward to Canada. I want to see how many people get caught out by the last corner.

I'll nominate Koboyashi for that one! :lol:

#32 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

Heavy showers expected for this weekends race! muuuhaaaaaaahahaa

#33 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

Qualy 1 just starting at the malaysian GP , and its chucking it down , should proove to be an interesting session.

#34 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

Cars flying into the gravel track , total carnage , button off at turn 3 into the gravel trap , thats his qualy over

Shock horror , Button,Hamilton,Alonso,Massa all out after Q1 , so two of the top teams at the back of the grid

#35 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:13 AM

Just watching quali now. Very exciting, poor Jenson! The rain should make for a messed up, back to front, inside out grid. That (and rain on the day) ought to make it an exciting race!

#36 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:29 AM

Chinese GP weekend bump.

Practice was certainly interesting to say the least.

One of the most spectacular failures i think Ive ever seen in Formula 1. Confirmed to be the front right suspension upright that failed, causing the wheel to fly off, putting extreme load on the left hand side which is when we see that wheel fly off, too. 180mph speedtrap 2 - 5G at the time of the failure

Hmm.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 16 April 2010 - 09:40 AM.

#37 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

Oh, and its been confirmed at Mclarens "f-duct" is perfectly legal and will not have to be removed. It can also been seen on both Ferrari's this weekend and possibly a BMW Sauber.

I think the proper name for it is a "Rear wing staller", Or something along those lines. It just changes the flow of the air over the rear wing as to add the effect of "stalling" if it were a plane, thus removing downforce and removing drag = faster straight line speeds.The word on the street is that its been nick-named the f-duct for the following reason:

(Image copyrighted to Sutton images - The only decent photo i can find of the device)

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 16 April 2010 - 09:56 AM.

#38 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Chinese GP weekend bump.

One of the most spectacular failures i think Ive ever seen in Formula 1. Confirmed to be the front right suspension upright that failed, causing the wheel to fly off, putting extreme load on the left hand side which is when we see that wheel fly off, too. 180mph speedtrap 2 - 5G at the time of the failure

Hmm.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that looks as though another team has a special button that causes the other teams cars to fall to bits once pressed.

i think that could spice up F1 if each team could only press the button once a season.

#39 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:24 PM

Chinese GP weekend bump.

Hmm.

that looks as though another team has a special button that causes the other teams cars to fall to bits once pressed.

i think that could spice up F1 if each team could only press the button once a season.

I cant tell if your serious or not ;) Stupidly dangerous :P And F1 doesn't need spicing up :)

#40 Nick '91

Nick '91

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Amazing how well the car takes the crash if its at 180, you probably have more chance of dieing crashing the mini at 30.

#41 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:41 PM

Amazing how well the car takes the crash if its at 180, you probably have more chance of dieing crashing the mini at 30.

Defiantly. Compared to watching Senna and Prost in the old archive videos, those cars look to be on the edge in oversteer/understeer constantly with a mix of the two throughout the lap. Very scary but a privilege to watch i think.

A HQ version of the video is up now.

#42 jake cooper

jake cooper

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Well that wheelie went wrong didn't it.

Just goes to show what happens when you use kwik fit.

Edited by jake cooper, 16 April 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#43 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

should be a good race BBC weather have just said theres going to be rain, well showers, but thats enough to mess up the order. >_<

#44 jayare

jayare

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:46 AM

Christ that failure is spectacular to say the least! As a driver I'd probably say that's something you don't want to see ;D

In other news, I got confirmation the other day that I have a ticket for the British GP! Copse C grandstand - half price through work! >_< :thumbsup:

JR

#45 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

Very scary, he was definitely shook up when he got out! What do you drive/do matey? And thats very good news, im hoping to be there to :)

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 17 April 2010 - 01:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users