9465 replies to this topic

#7201 Haygate

Haygate

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

Took the cover off, took it off the blocks and dropped it to the ground and put it in center of garage so I can adjust the rear brakes, did the jobs on the advisory list. Just waiting for spring sun now so I can tax it :)

#7202 Zach P-D

Zach P-D

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Got told the job which should have been done on it last week hadn't even been started as they returned the panel due to quality of it... not making it to Bingly this year then :( 

#7203 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Split the engine to see what was wrong with the gears........

https://youtu.be/Yy4NZvUsO0s

Edited by BronkoMini, 26 January 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#7204 YJO

YJO

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Dipsticks covered our road in salt last night despite no chance of the temp getting anywhere below 4 deg, so that put paid to the itch to use mr bridger, so changed the plugs and then realised that one is effectively blocked in by the alternator.....so off to my mates to borrow a 21mm spanner, and as usual my maplin solar battery charger has worked a treat.... best tenner I ever invested in for the mini.

#7205 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

I re-fitted the original Cooper air trunking a while ago but it was touching the bonnet strengthening slightly because of this

H9mhJoq.jpg

None standard for the  carb Cooper engine, one I put on ages ago when I was running a K&N cone.

Got the proper type and now there's plenty of clearance

l5wPCkm.jpg

Also nicked the rocker cover off the traveller :-)

ALeoNgr.jpg

SKL2ocp.jpg

I had a few annoying rattles and finally traced them - one of the arch extensions had lost a screw and it was buzzing like a demented bee so easy fix. A couple more traced to the doors where I'd forgotten to replace the thin foam rubber washers around the window winders behind the door card and the plastic bezels were rattling away - I found them in a bucket of bolts, re-fitted and now rattle free :proud:

Cant drive at the moment though - dodgy knee :cry:

Edited by panky, 27 January 2018 - 05:43 PM.

#7206 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Woke it up from its winter hibernation to circulate the oil, move the brake and clutch hydraulics and turn the tyre contact patch.

It was fast asleep and took a little persuading to come to life  :proud:

#7207 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Took mine for blast!

https://youtu.be/j-uPwKVpoSQ

#7208 panky

panky

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

Bagged a dipping rear view mirror off Ebay for 99p and fitted that :-)

Also got a pack of sound deadening, similar to the stuff Ben_O used on the green Cooper, to cover the floor repairs and a few other bits

This is the size of sheet you get - ten of them for under £15 posted

J4XdyNt.jpg

Under the bonnet

wJ64JlO.jpg

It's got a nice weight to it now and closes with a thud rather than a clang

Had enough to do the same to the other front floor pan and the rear passenger side, where I'd chipped the original bitumen stuff off, as well as a couple of sheets for the rear seat back and some offcuts for the boot lid and spare wheel well.

Linky

https://www.ebay.co....872.m2749.l2648

#7209 NZMini1275

NZMini1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

Finally got the mini on the dyno
Just a few power runs to give me a benchmark and see how the fueling was looking
Little more needle shaping needed as it leaned out after 5k
Pretty happy with the 76 hp at the wheels
Once Im happy with the fueling Ill take it back and fine tune the advance curve

#7210 Eds.mini.lulu

Eds.mini.lulu

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

New plugs, Distributor cap and rotor arm, clutch wasnt working fluid level has dropped, bled clutch filled up with dot 4 working.....for now.  O_O. got round to sorting the ball joint dust caps.....what buggers n\s\f done...minus two nuts and washers which i need to order. nuts where either incorrect or threads where knackered, should have been a straightforward job but no....i now have 2 less knuckles and 2 blood blisters  >_< . still need to do o/s/f im expecting the same level of fun!!.....anyone had any troubles with grease guns? managed to get the gun stuck on the greaase nipple and now cant remove it had to unscrew grease nipple to free gun!!  >_<

was hoping to have it all done in a couple hours how wrong was i !! 

#7211 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

Set about finding out why my Mini has a creaking type noise from front left, only thing I could find was a loose track rod end, so after a fight with the old one which involved a lot of swearing and heat from my 2 blow torches, it decided to relent and let go.... Replaced with a new one, did the Ed China thing of counting how many turn it takes to remove, then the tracking won't be far out.... That didnt work, so have eyeballed the tracking for now, looks OK, but not took it for a drive just yet. Also wound the coils up by 1 turn at the front, looks like its on ruddy stilts now....

#7212 Mini-dale

Mini-dale

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: Anominis

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Finally made a start on replacing the Timing Chain Cover due the the hole that has allowed all the oil to leave my engine and go all on the garage floor. Found TDC all by my self for the first time, Rad out, fan off. Hope to carry on in the next few days.

#7213 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

Wheeled the shell out of the garage, tidied and swept around it to make space to work, then put it up in the air on saw horses so it's easier to work on.

It's easier to see all the work that needs doing also  :unsure: 

#7214 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:00 PM

Got some filler on the fibreglassing that I done, it's amazing how original you can make it look with fibreglass and expanding foam.. Photos in the last 2 posts in my project thread. http://www.theminifo...rebuild/page-39

Edited by alex-95, 03 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

#7215 RichMPiBlue

RichMPiBlue

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

After my respray the end of last year, I finally got round to pot riveting my arches back on today and placing the rubber seams on as well.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)