what was wrong with that post!?

#92 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

A little off topic but I'd like to say Thank You to The Stroker. If other mods had done what he did in announcing the temporary closure of a thread, this whole thread would not exist.

Well done Dan.

#93 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Carry on mini'in

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:06 AM

Is it me or are the same people on here the ones just moaning and enjoy writting to that extent!
When anyone dares mention bini etc they are first to type and jump down on them? Then deconstruct every sentance written to prove a point!
Many of these threads seem to written by classic owners askng a question reguarding the MINI ie "do i get one as a daily driver and keep my classic for weekends" etc and yet the same people jump up and down screaming about it! Any one would coming on here with a question about MINI that send them to the correct forum. The other thread was started by a classic owner asking a simple question, and i am quite shocked to see how many classic owners are writting on there with comment like "like it" or "not my cup of tea" this is how it should be and yet the few same ones have to jump up screaming "NO".
Why should a classic owner asking a question get shot down i cant see a reason and what some cant get is many have both drive both and love both but still thats wrong!
I have not seen any threads about the MINI taking over the forum at all! some get a few answers some get hundreds. A good debate turns nasty with the same people writting the same rubbish over and over again "german this german that" old now very old!
I am on here as i was a classic owner and i like to read comments that help me while i look for for a classic to buy again and have fun in, but i will comment when i see stuff like "John cooper would be turning" etc which gets my back up as it shows that many people have little or no understanding of what went on and just use it as a opertunity to start a war.
There is a very simple thing that people can do and it has been said over and over and over again but yet you chose not to just to keep a row going!
IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST OR DO NOT LIKE THE NEW MINI THEN DONT RERAD THE THREAD,DO NOT COMMENT,FORGET IT LEAVE IT TO END! simple as that!
now just waiting for the comments......

#94 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

There is a very simple thing that people can do and it has been said over and over and over again but yet you chose not to just to keep a row going!
IF YOU HAVE NO INTEREST OR DO NOT LIKE THE NEW MINI THEN DONT READ THE THREAD,DO NOT COMMENT,FORGET IT LEAVE IT TO END! simple as that!

Well said >_< ..................if I see a thread that does not interest me I move on to another and leave it to those that do, if there was no interest from anyone the thread will quickly run its course and disappear. Clearly there is quite a bit of interest in the MINI threads from some of us Mini owners who like both, even if you remove/ignore the usual repetitive MINI 'hater' posts.

#95 Mini Mad Drakeley

Mini Mad Drakeley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Local Club: south down mini owners club

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

A little off topic but I'd like to say Thank You to The Stroker. If other mods had done what he did in announcing the temporary closure of a thread, this whole thread would not exist.

Well done Dan.

what is the point in announcing the closure of a thread, it just gives people more chance to complain and the threads are never closed for long til all the bad comments are deleted, if they announce the closure then you will get people complaining about binis and the closure, making more work for the mods, by the sounds of it a few mods have kids and cant be on tmf for all the extra time to explain why a thread is being closed and wait for all the comments, and then close it

as ive said before why not just post a thread in the FAQs section or whta ever part it would be best in and just explain the reasons why a thread would be closed so no one can complain when a thread is closed cus everyone should know why?

Edited by Mini Mad Drakeley, 13 January 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#96 Robbie

Robbie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Renegade Mini Fun Club!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:47 PM

just use it as a opertunity to start a war

trying not to mention the
////////////
///////////
///////////

Lol >_<

Because this post is helpful and useful to the discussion...

It is always the same people posting, not to support their valid side of the argument, just to be inflammatory and to use every thread of this nature as a pretty weak excuse to ******* off the MINI. It's really boring, but at the same time I commend your perseverance to the art of posting garbage. If you've nothing constructive to say, don't say it, because the vast majority of people on here are sick of reading the same old posts of "it's not a Mini", "It can't be because it's German"; and the references to World War 2 are both ridiculous and wholly inappropriate.

At the end of the day, I don't have a problem with the MINI, yeah, maybe BMW were bullish in their acquisition and subsequent usage of the brand, but do you see the Mini scene struggling at all as a result? What I see is one of the most passionate and thriving classic car scenes in Britain. Like it or not, the MINI is here to stay as the successor to our beloved Mini, and I think it's an excellent car.

#97 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Im amazed my post wasnt deleted, or edited. But then again it wasnt against BMW minis, just cars in general that have way too much plastic in/on them.

Anyway, i believe, and this is the reason i joined in the first place, it that THIS IS A CLASSIC MINI FORUM. It does not contain skodas, fiats, volkwagens, peugoet or any other car, this forum is based around the CLASSIC mini.
For people saying the new mini, is part of the classic, imo you couldnt be further from the truth. YES BMW produced the last few classics, and YES BMW did use the name mini. But it isnt a classic mini now is it? In the same way the new beetle isnt the old beetle. And wouldnt be talked about on classic beetle forums in the main sections.
Quite frankly im getting tired as to this arguement, and now the forum in general. Ive said my piece. And if things dont improve soon, I aswell as previous active members that most of you will know, will stop using this forum. Its very helpful, but the inclusion of the BMW mini, creates far too many arguements, and therefore shouldnt be included into this forums main chat. If you feel the need to discuss the MINI, join a forum that does so.

Edited by Carlzilla, 13 January 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#98 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

just use it as a opertunity to start a war

trying not to mention the
////////////
///////////
///////////

Lol :D

This post is helpful and useful to the discussion...

"it's not a Mini", "It can't be because it's German"; and the references to World War 2 are both brilliant and I also think the bini should stay on Mini2.

Glad you think so.
BINI lovers i think should go to more BINI specific forums
as they are more likely to get the help they require
aswell as be able to chat about how cool and big they are..
I joined this forum as a classic mini (Brand name & descriptive noun, how do you think they came up with the name?) enthusiast.
there are other forums, why insist a classic mini forum should have a bini section?
If you've got a different car then a mini or want to chat about other cars ie. BINI it should go in "General Chat" or "Other Projects" as they are not mini..
simples *insert meerkat here*

#99 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I suppose I should find it ironic that I'm closing a "thread closure" thread, but I'm strangely a little saddened. Its just the same old nonsense peddled by the same old faces. Topic Closed

Oh and any problems feel free to Pm me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users