Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

One good thing about becoming a mod is that its preparing me very well indeed for having children!!

Good grief!!!

(note that I'm writing this in non mod colours as well)

All i've heard from the last few pages of this thread have been people who seem to love the sound of their own keyboards way to much.

Scallywag, I don't think any of your suggestions to date would have had a positive effect on this forum, most them seem to be centred around making unecessary work for the staff involved.

Its always the same people moaning and complaining, if you see a thread with the word "bini" or "BMW" mini in the title why not just say quietly to yourselves..

"Hmm, I don't think that I have anything to add to that thread as I have little or no interest in them"

Instead of

"Hmm, that could turn into an interesting discussion, I think I'll try and ruin it with petty and smart arse comment that will only get peoples backs up"

Its always the same arguments, and I frankly get sick of having to sort out the pettiness thats involved. The current BMW mini thread has taken up a lot of staff time, we have made a huge effort as a team to quietly keep that discussion on track and get some good feedback from it.

Even though I'm a Mod I still like to enjoy TMF and take a great deal of pride in what we do for the mini community, threads like this just destroy that for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I like to be able to help our members and not spend my time sorting through the purile nonsense spouted by the few.

We listen to what people have to say, a lot of effort has gone into the new classified system, this came from feedback from you guys, the TMF shop is up and running.

We're only human and there a limited amount of hours in the day.

#77 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

Fair enough,
so is the bini thread going to be moved?

#78 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

Fair enough,
so is the bini thread going to be moved?

And tonights award for proving my point goes to......

#79 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

All i've heard from the last few pages of this thread have been people who seem to love the sound of their own keyboards way to much.

Moi? ;)

You know i'd say all i've said in person if we could all teleport into a room together ;)

#80 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

People are only asking if the Mini Chat is not for Classic Minis only anymore.

All it seems is that TMF Team are avoiding giving a final answer, it's a simple YES or NO.

I appreciate all the work and time involved in keeping the forum "relevant" and tidy, but an answer will make things clear for everyone!!!

#81 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

Is the title of the area "Classic Mini Chat"?

#82 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

so basically the thread isnt going to be moved.
its going to stay there, so that BMW MINIs are going to become part of the forum sneakily and quietly

if i started a thread about VWs in mini chat it would be moved in an instant, yet the BMW mini thread stays?

#83 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Is the title of the area "Classic Mini Chat"?

it's called Mini Chat as opposed to MINI Chat or Mini/MINI chat!!! ;)

still avoiding an answer...

#84 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:40 PM

Good grief is this all you have to think about?

Really?

Have you considered taking up kniting or painting as you obviously have way too much time on your hands if stuff like that bothers you.

Does the title of the area say "VW and mini Chat"?

No..

#85 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

BMW isnt in the title either

Edited by littlemissmagic, 12 January 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#86 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Mini is written on the back of BMWs so it stays.

#87 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

so can i get a VW and put a badge and write mini on the back and post it in mini chat?

#88 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

[quote name='Shifty' date='Jan 12 2011, 11:15 PM' post='2021192']
One good thing about becoming a mod is that its preparing me very well indeed for having children!!

Good grief!!!

I wondered when the "belittling" would start. It seems a standard tack(note that I'm writing this in non mod colours as well)

If you had taken any note of what members were asking, half of the keyboards would have been silent.

Scallywag, I don't think any of your suggestions to date would have had a positive effect on this forum, most them seem to be centred around making unecessary work for the staff involved.

Strange..Bean doesn't think so. Just goes to show how you casually ignore what members want. If you remember the "Zero Tolerance" thread many suggestions were made and the members were promised that the suggestions would be considered...6 months later and not a sign of a response. As far as my suggestion making more unecessary work for the team, you seem to be able to do that yourselves. I further suggest that you listen to what people want.

Its always the same people moaning and complaining, if you see a thread with the word "bini" or "BMW" mini in the title why not just say quietly to yourselves..

"Hmm, I don't think that I have anything to add to that thread as I have little or no interest in them"

Instead of

"Hmm, that could turn into an interesting discussion, I think I'll try and ruin it with petty and smart arse comment that will only get peoples backs up"

Its always the same arguments, and I frankly get sick of having to sort out the pettiness thats involved. The current BMW mini thread has taken up a lot of staff time, we have made a huge effort as a team to quietly keep that discussion on track and get some good feedback from it.

Maybe its because we are classic mini enthusiasts and our admin/mods have ruled. Here is a quote from one of your posts...As Bec said earlier, we've got no current plans to include the BMW Mini, we simply don't have the infrastructure to cope. Then you do absolutely nothing about a BMW Mini thread being started in Mini Chat. Maybe if you had moved it, as requested, less staff time would have been expended. You lot do like making work for yourselves.

Even though I'm a Mod I still like to enjoy TMF and take a great deal of pride in what we do for the mini community, threads like this just destroy that for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I like to be able to help our members and not spend my time sorting through the purile nonsense spouted by the few.

Again you assume its the few objecting to the BMW Mini. I suggested a way to sort the situation once and for all, but you did not want to hold a poll unless you could control it. You closed the thread!

We listen to what people have to say, a lot of effort has gone into the new classified system, this came from feedback from you guys, the TMF shop is up and running.

Really....seems you all you did was revert to the old system with a lot of extra rules, most of which are sensible but why no non mini section?

We're only human and there a limited amount of hours in the day.

Then I suggest (this will be ignored as well) that you guys get together and manage your time better. Have you read my suggestion on this thread? There are currently 10 Team members and 5 Admin.....surely between them time to consider member's suggestions could be made. Why not put aside an hour a week when you can get most online in the staff room. If you managed to get, say 8 (just over half), you could still sort out problems AND consider suggestions.[/quote]

#89 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:50 PM

Mini is written on the back of BMWs so it stays.

Correction: NO IT IS NOT......MINI is not Mini

#90 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

And the second award for proving my point this evening goes to...

I honestly can't be bothered to go through the same routine, frankly I'm tired of it.

If you like go away and start up your own forum free from the rules and restraints of TMF, been there done that myself(ask darkscamp)

See how it pans out for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users